Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Good things come in small boxers. :?:

Kat, coming from an iSticky point of view, this smallboxer feels pretty big. To you that means more room to bling-it-up.

If I only had Vamo V5's and MVP3's in my "rotation"...I'd say "WOW!!! This ipv Mini is really small and light!!!"

If I only had VV V3's and 20/30Watt-istick's in my "rotation"...I'd say "MAN!!! This ipv Mini is really big and heavy!!!"

Setting to PWM covers voltages below Battery output and Auto switches to DC-DC when at/above Battery voltage. :D

I think the befuddlement of some posters comes from cornfusing PWM/DC-DC signals with the IPV Mini PWM/DC-DC Modes...(the IPV Mini's Modes are somewhat mis-named).

The PWM signal is "choppy" but can be step-downed to pretty accurately approach V's less than the battery's output V.

The DC-DC signal is flat (clean) but can not step-down...thus V's less than the battery's output V will be somewhat inaccurate.

On the other hand...

The IPV Mini's PWM Mode uses a PWM signal to step-down when set for V's less than the battery's output V. But when set for V's at or above the Battery's output it automatically switches over to the flat DC-DC signal.

The IPV Mini's DC-DC Mode uses a DC-DC signal only. (ie. It does not step-down.)

So...me...when I unboxed my new IPV Mini => put in a battery => 5 clicks => ON...I immediately put it into PWM Mode.

And...10 years from now when I go to put it into my back-up drawer...it will still be set to PWM Mode!!!

ZipperPhil

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
United States
got the ipv mini II in the mail monday. fell in love with it, battery died so I charged it via the cord since i was trying to just keep one 25r dedicated to it. today i go to put my plume veil on it and it starts to auto fire so i go to turn it off in case i was pressing the fire button without realizing it and thats when i notice it isnt even on :( waiting to hear from comp i ordered from on an exchange

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
got the ipv mini II in the mail monday. fell in love with it, battery died so I charged it via the cord since i was trying to just keep one 25r dedicated to it. today i go to put my plume veil on it and it starts to auto fire so i go to turn it off in case i was pressing the fire button without realizing it and thats when i notice it isnt even on :( waiting to hear from comp i ordered from on an exchange

Did you try pulling the Battery - Plug the USB.................Unplug usb then insert Battery and check. Chip may have gotten stuck in a throughput.
I do not USB charge any of my Regulated mods but I do know any IC circuit can hang.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Alright Crxess
It happened upon turning device on. Not sure if I was in DCDC or PWM but luckily I could tell from the sound that it was hot and did not take a hit. Looked at the screen and it is 6 VOLTS! No idea how that happened when I had it set for 10.5 watts. My coil was showing 3.7 ohms and I built it at 1.7. Happy to have my answer and the answer is 'it is all in the build'
Guessing my coil has a short so I am off to rebuild and thanks for your help with all of this

Never the less th
Do you normally vape at 11 watts DC-DC?
Still sounds like a possible build issue.
Possibly a 510 connection issue.

If it fires hot, immediately look at the screen to confirm ohms reading. May be jumping and causing mis-calculation.<Yes, I have an Orchid tank that causes this>

Your screen Data should clue you in:
Watts set
Ohms reading
Voltage setting

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Alright Crxess
It happened upon turning device on. Not sure if I was in DCDC or PWM but luckily I could tell from the sound that it was hot and did not take a hit. Looked at the screen and it is 6 VOLTS! No idea how that happened when I had it set for 10.5 watts. My coil was showing 3.7 ohms and I built it at 1.7. Happy to have my answer and the answer is 'it is all in the build'
Guessing my coil has a short so I am off to rebuild and thanks for your help with all of this

Never the less th

Not sure what atty you are running?

But the data is right... 6.23V when running 10.5W into a 3.7ohm.
Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Have you recently changed wick or juice? (unscrewed atty from mod?)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Yes, as I said it all matches up now as to why I occasionally get hot hits. The IPV is performing as it should.
The only confusing to me is I would never build anything at 3.7 ohms. After my initial firing of it when it showed 3.7, I fired it again and it showed 2.9 so obviously a short.
I am using a Taifun
Not sure what atty you are running?

But the data is right... 6.23V when running 10.5W into a 3.7ohm.
Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Have you recently changed wick or juice? (unscrewed atty from mod?)

Last edited:

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Yes, as I said it all matches up now as to why I occasionally get hot hits. The IPV is performing a sit should.
The only confusing to me is I would never build anything at 3.7 ohms. After my initial firing of it when it showed 3.7, I fired it again and it showed 2.9 so obviously a short.
I am using a Taifun

So it was a 1.7, now shows as a 3.7? Perhaps your chimney is making contact and/or has bent/moved the coil?

Or a re-wick has damaged the coil?

Check the legs of the coil too! Did one break but is still touching?

Just throwing ideas out there...

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Had to be that a rewick damaged the coil. I dry burnt it and then re-wicked it this afternoon when changing flavors. Just rebuilt and it is working as it should.
I am just very happy to know this. I also agree with the premise of "hit button and vape and if it doesn't taste right adjust. No big deal." BUT I was perplexed and wanted to understand this darn thing (IPV) a few mentioned that it must be my build and I was like 'of course it is not my build' and so it turns out it was. HMPH...learn something new everyday huh?
So it was a 1.7, now shows as a 3.7? Perhaps your chimney is making contact and/or has bent/moved the coil?

Or a re-wick has damaged the coil?

Check the legs of the coil too! Did one break but is still touching?

Just throwing ideas out there...

Reactions: vjdossey

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Alright Crxess

Never the less th

You are likely having issues with the Atty threading not Making Clean contact through the threads.
I Say this because I have one Orchid tank with this problem. After a good cleaning it works fine for a few days but slowly starts mis-reading again:facepalm:, and yes it will cause a very warm to hot vape.
None of my other tanks do this using the same IPV mini in the same mode.

No chance a coil is touching anything inside - that would cause a short not high readings.
A loose coil attaching screw could do this.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Had to be that a rewick damaged the coil. I dry burnt it and then re-wicked it this afternoon when changing flavors. Just rebuilt and it is working as it should.
I am just very happy to know this. I also agree with the premise of "hit button and vape and if it doesn't taste right adjust. No big deal." BUT I was perplexed and wanted to understand this darn thing (IPV) a few mentioned that it must be my build and I was like 'of course it is not my build' and so it turns out it was. HMPH...learn something new everyday huh?

Glad you got it sorted...

The most common issue with vaping issues is usually a loose nut behind the mod! LOL!

Actually, it's usually the last thing you did or changed. I had a twisted coil leg snap @ the post screw the other night, did all sorts of strange readings before it shorted.

Reactions: vjdossey

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I'm almost sure the vendor would give you a duplicate receipt of your order if you can't locate the original.

Wishing you lots of luck with this...... do keep us updated?
Thanks for the help :) I will update as I go :)
Most online vendors will allow you to print your receipt or invoice.

Yes! I went to the site, under my acct info there is a pdf for every purchase made with this particular vendor! :)

Hopefully today I'll get to use a computer at work and I can print out necessary paperwork so I am able to get this process one more step in the right direction. :) Thank you all for the help and most of all for calming my nerves. Stinks to tred through the unknown alone. I this community :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Yes! I went to the site, under my acct info there is a pdf for every purchase made with this particular vendor! :)

Hopefully today I'll get to use a computer at work and I can print out necessary paperwork so I am able to get this process one more step in the right direction. :) Thank you all for the help and most of all for calming my nerves. Stinks to tred through the unknown alone. I �� this community :)

You're not alone. As long as your here on ECF, there will always be help and support. :)

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling calmer about this. Keep us updated, please.

What's the fix for the crooked 510 connection? I've heard numerous people say they hammered it down. I have tried, but I guess I am not doing it hard enough. I am afraid I will break something.

I have the Mini 2, but apparently both models suffer from this crooked 510 problem.

That's a new one to me, BigEgo. Mine appears perfectly straight.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
You're not alone. As long as your here on ECF, there will always be help and support. :)

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling calmer about this. Keep us updated, please.

That's a new one to me, BigEgo. Mine appears perfectly straight.

It's an issue that has affected several people on this forum (and reddit) on both the 30 and 70w devices. I am one of the unlucky ones. My tanks sit tilted. It's slight, but noticeable.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What's the fix for the crooked 510 connection? I've heard numerous people say they hammered it down. I have tried, but I guess I am not doing it hard enough. I am afraid I will break something.

I have the Mini 2, but apparently both models suffer from this crooked 510 problem.

Lateral Oomph! :D
Strong 510 atomizer(like a Tank)
Thread down to locate contact point
Good Grip and carefully pull toward opposing side.
If needed - raise atty 1-2 turns and try
retest fit

NOTE - Not responsible if you damage it!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

Hopefully today I'll get to use a computer at work and I can print out necessary paperwork so I am able to get this process one more step in the right direction. :) Thank you all for the help and most of all for calming my nerves. Stinks to tred through the unknown alone. I �� this community :)

I recently went through the warranty process with Asmodus and was very pleased with their service.

Here is what I included with the return:
1) Copy of email receipt from my original vendor
2) Asmodus warranty card (which I filled out)
3) Pre-pay the $8 Handling fee through the Asmodus website, and include a printed copy of the receipt with the purchase number they give you
4) Print out and fill out the return form available on the Asmodus website

I kept copies of everything and then sent the package USPS Priority which includes $50 insurance. A day after tracking said the package was delivered to them, I got a personal email from them asking permission to remove the carbon fiber wrap I had put on it so they could open the mod. Later that day, I received another email saying my display could not be repaired and they would send a replacement. The only hiccup I had is that at the time, the only color they had available to ship immediately was blue. My original Mini was silver. I was good with that. They dropped it in the mail the next business day, and I received it a few days later. It was new unopened package, just as my original one.

Overall, I was pleased and pleasantly surprised with the good service. I hope it goes as well for you.

This is the link you will need to pre-pay the handling fee and print out the return form:

Pioneer4You

I just checked that link and the site says that they are out of stock on iPV Mini's for warranty replacement..... :blink:

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal

Seems like an easy solution to me... Try an atty on any mod BEFORE you buy it?

How crooked is crooked??? 1, 2, 3 degrees off?

I have had both the mini 30W and mini II 70W, neither exhibited this issue.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I recently went through the warranty process with Asmodus and was very pleased with their service.

Here is what I included with the return:
1) Copy of email receipt from my original vendor
2) Asmodus warranty card (which I filled out)
3) Pre-pay the $8 Handling fee through the Asmodus website, and include a printed copy of the receipt with the purchase number they give you
4) Print out and fill out the return form available on the Asmodus website

I kept copies of everything and then sent the package USPS Priority which includes $50 insurance. A day after tracking said the package was delivered to them, I got a personal email from them asking permission to remove the carbon fiber wrap I had put on it so they could open the mod. Later that day, I received another email saying my display could not be repaired and they would send a replacement. The only hiccup I had is that at the time, the only color they had available to ship immediately was blue. My original Mini was silver. I was good with that. They dropped it in the mail the next business day, and I received it a few days later. It was new unopened package, just as my original one.

Overall, I was pleased and pleasantly surprised with the good service. I hope it goes as well for you.

This is the link you will need to pre-pay the handling fee and print out the return form:

Pioneer4You

I just checked that link and the site says that they are out of stock on iPV Mini's for warranty replacement..... :blink:

OOS??? Oh Oh No. :(

Darryl, I've never had the pleasure of trying an atty on a mod before buying it, as 100% of my devices were purchased online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread