Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I am using 30 gauge. I apologize to the many that have helped me in this thread and probably told me all of this before. Problem is I am also getting used to two new toppers (Lemo and Taifun GT2) and so much more to learn ago. (I was perfectly happy with Taifun GT1's for over a year) anyway all this new stuff to learn AGAIN....shhhez I just want to 'not smoke' not redesign the wheel

Prospekt

May 16, 2015
After using my IPV Mini 2 for a while I oddly enough don't feel the need to upgrade, something that usually nags at me in any hobby. It fits in my pocket with the subtank mini attached along with an extra battery and if necessary bottle of juice, goes up to 70 watts for drip fiends and cloud chasers (friends with RDAs are always surprised by the vapor production) and looks pretty cool, especially with a carbon skin.

Now tank-wise, well thats another story.

Reactions: Wruff

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
Just got mine! Well built and my Lemo loves it. I'm not saying I'm done buying things, but this is pretty close to perfect! a welcome addition to the family...
mods.jpg

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
It's sure looking good. You made the right choice of color, too! Can't say the same for the painted finishes, but the girly wrap I bought for mine does the trick.

I'm enjoying the 30 watt as well -- especially after getting used to the weight.

I have a question, though. Does this chip have low battery protection? Or, I should say, is it supposed to have low battery protection?

I'm thinking that part might be not functioning properly now -- or it was just time for those batteries to be retired. ;) Inserting brand new battery now---and I'll be watching.

Reactions: underwhelmd

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My 30w IPV mini is still rockin. The size of it works well for me with a full size tank. The finish is still the same as new after months of use. The fire button is still "clicky", never a misfire. Seems to be built very well. Good value on this mod.

IMG_20150618_132943.jpg

I'm with you on this. I've really become quite a fan of this mod, especially when considering (a) the price, and (b) similarly designed models at four to six times the cost.

The menu is very easy to understand, it never misses a beat, and it's quite comfortable (for me) to hold & use. And that's not even mentioning the fact that I can change the battery without any type of tool or coin.

Mine has a black CF wrap, so the finish is irrelevant, and I enjoy using it daily. Thumps-up, IPV, for a job well done.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
I seem to have a problem with my IPV mini II. Ohms jump pretty much on every fire. Even when it's not jumping, it's showing 1.5ohm, even though the build is actually 1.2. It's always been spot on ( have it for about three months ), but started this out of the blue a day or so ago.
First, I thought it was the atomizer, put it on my other two devices, it's at constant 1.2. I unscrewed the connecting pin to have more contact. Didn't help. I'm confused. Could some of the ejuice leaked inside? Maybe bad battery? Never dropped it, so it's not physical damage that would cause this.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Battery Cap:
You are loading against a spring.
Confirm threading not crossed and keep slight upward pressure while tightening or
I seem to have a problem with my IPV mini II. Ohms jump pretty much on every fire. Even when it's not jumping, it's showing 1.5ohm, even though the build is actually 1.2. It's always been spot on ( have it for about three months ), but started this out of the blue a day or so ago.
First, I thought it was the atomizer, put it on my other two devices, it's at constant 1.2. I unscrewed the connecting pin to have more contact. Didn't help. I'm confused. Could some of the ejuice leaked inside? Maybe bad battery? Never dropped it, so it's not physical damage that would cause this.

Now might be a good time to clean and check all contact points.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Don't seem to be battery cap. And I charge through USB. Yes, I know, not best practice.
Please tell why this is not best practice and others please chime in if you will. Mine has gotten so bad that sometimes I abandon the mission pf trying to get it on. I have it on now and I did charge through USB this morning. Might be what I am limited to if I cannot get it fixed.
It has always been tough to line up threads and it always got misaligned easily but it has gotten much worse

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
Please tell why this is not best practice and others please chime in if you will. Mine has gotten so bad that sometimes I abandon the mission pf trying to get it on. I have it on now and I did charge through USB this morning. Might be what I am limited to if I cannot get it fixed.
It has always been tough to line up threads and it always got misaligned easily but it has gotten much worse

I have read a while back it's bad for battery and at least on IPV mini, some people had problems with auto fire. I think. Could be wrong.

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
People have had issues with the USB port on the IPV4 when they try to charge with it. It can smoke the board because it's not a charging port but an upgrade port. Haven't read of any charging issues with the mini.
I haven't heard a clear, concise explanation of why onboard charging is bad. It seems to work fine with cheap, fixed battery mods, but some say not to do it with better quality removable battery mods. Anyone?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sylpheel

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Now aside from the cap giving me problems my original silver IPV is turning it self off randomly. Not a battery issue because it will do it with a fresh battery. Anyone have advice for this?

Mine has started doing the same thing. Started about a month or so ago. Then, yesterday, out of nowhere the screen will not light up when firing but it will still fire and turn off with 5 clicks. I have to take out the battery and put it back in. I am getting quite upset with my IPV Mini.

si.hatch

Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Childersburg, AL
Mine has started doing the same thing. Started about a month or so ago. Then, yesterday, out of nowhere the screen will not light up when firing but it will still fire and turn off with 5 clicks. I have to take out the battery and put it back in. I am getting quite upset with my IPV Mini.
Im in the same boat, sometimes the screen flickers so i can kind of see whats going on, i cant really change anything, sometimes i cant see at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread