Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You can get new battery caps here IPV mini replacement battery cap for sale

They are actually better quality then the original caps.

This.........would be great for some.........as long as they have not damaged the threaded ring it attaches to. We need a source for that part and people will need basic soldering skills.(Batt. negative wire attachment). :thumb:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I emailed the vendor who sent me to a site: Pioneer4You
HURRY because you only have until June 30 and they do not have replacements due to Pioneer not sending any. They basically said "we tried to help Pioneer but they did not do their part" so we are ending our agreement with fixing their stuff"

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I did fix mine.
I opened it. Was hoping and praying the wire was not broken because I have NO soldering skills. Inside my tube that holds the battery was loose so I put it back in place. Then I moved it again and stretched the spring (I do it with one of my Vamo's all the time) Once I stretched the spring mine worked fine again.

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
Help! ipv Mini 2

For some reason all of a sudden my display has been disappearing and I'm unable to see it when vaping.

I thought initially it was the battery but I've thrown in some fresh ones and it will power on with the display but if I leave it for a few minutes the display completely goes out. Weirdly it will still vape... Any ideas?

Maybe I put it in stealth mode or something like that? Im not sure if it even has that function haha

sylpheel

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Help! IPV Mini 2

For some reason all of a sudden my display has been disappearing and I'm unable to see it when vaping.

I thought initially it was the battery but I've thrown in some fresh ones and it will power on with the display but if I leave it for a few minutes the display completely goes out. Weirdly it will still vape... Any ideas?

Maybe I put it in stealth mode or something like that? Im not sure if it even has that function haha

My IPV Mini 1 does this as well. AFAIK there is not stealth mode on the Mini's. Once my Lost Vape E-Square gets here I am going to take my mini apart and see what is going on with it.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Now aside from the cap giving me problems my original silver IPV is turning it self off randomly. Not a battery issue because it will do it with a fresh battery. Anyone have advice for this?
    Got my mini six months ago and it's been my main go to device got to like it a lot.

Mine was doing the exact same thing, piss me off since it is the device I go out with, as you did I also did reinstalling batteries and re-screwing the battery cap back in a few times and in time it would work again.

Three days ago it dawned on me to clean all inside battery connections including the battery screw cap so I grabbed some alcohol and a couple of Q-Tips first I swabbed top where the battery connecting is made then gave special attention to where there are any machined screw areas on the IPV and the cap. Now three days later working like a champ only time will tell if this was the issue but so far I'm good.

Ps Also swabbed both ends of every battery I have.

God Bless American.

Last edited:
    Reactions: chanelvaps

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2013
    Cloud City
    Okay Ill definitely try cleaning it a lot before I start crying.

Has anyone tried using this?

KMG Wholesales iPV Warranty Page - KMG

Lucky for me its basically down the street so if it comes down to it i can ship it there...but it seems a bit sketchy...

Got my mini six months ago and it's been my main go to device got to like it a lot.

Mine was doing the exact same thing, piss me off since it is the device I go out with, as you did I also did reinstalling batteries and re-screwing the battery cap back in a few times and in time it would work again.

Three days ago it dawned on me to clean all inside battery connections including the battery screw cap so I grabbed some alcohol and a couple of Q-Tips first I swabbed top where the battery connecting is made then gave special attention to where there are any machined screw areas on the IPV and the cap. Now three days later working like a champ only time will tell if this was the issue but so far I'm good.

Ps Also swabbed both ends of every battery I have.

God Bless American.

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Okay Ill definitely try cleaning it a lot before I start crying.

Has anyone tried using this?

Lucky for me its basically down the street so if it comes down to it i can ship it there...but it seems a bit sketchy...

If your within the six month period your OK. Though if you have a iPV Mini 30 watt is it really worth the postage and insurance and BS that will come along with it..

The following is the warranty information regarding the iPV Mini 30 watt, iPV Mini 2 70 watt, iPV 3, & iPV 4 Devices

KMG Imports, LLC, (DBA KMG Wholesales) provides limited warranty support for all Pioneer4You iPV products sold in the United States and Canada.

This warranty does cover manufacturer's defects in workmanship and/or materials. This warranty is valid from the date of purchase for a total period of six months, with original receipt. If the product fails due to a manufacturer's defect, we will gladly repair or replace the product for you at no charge for the repair and/or replacement services.

PLEASE NOTE: The cost of shipping the device TO AND FROM our returns center are NOT covered, and is the sole expense of the customer BOTH ways.

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2013
    Cloud City
    I got the mini 2 (75 watt) it was about 70 when i originally purchased it

If your within the six month period your OK. Though if you have a iPV Mini 30 watt is it really worth the postage and insurance and BS that will come along with it..

The following is the warranty information regarding the iPV Mini 30 watt, iPV Mini 2 70 watt, iPV 3, & iPV 4 Devices

KMG Imports, LLC, (DBA KMG Wholesales) provides limited warranty support for all Pioneer4You iPV products sold in the United States and Canada.

This warranty does cover manufacturer's defects in workmanship and/or materials. This warranty is valid from the date of purchase for a total period of six months, with original receipt. If the product fails due to a manufacturer's defect, we will gladly repair or replace the product for you at no charge for the repair and/or replacement services.

PLEASE NOTE: The cost of shipping the device TO AND FROM our returns center are NOT covered, and is the sole expense of the customer BOTH ways.

Reactions: mightymen

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    I get that, loud and clear. And I unabashedly say that I'm happy to be vaping my old skool (wimpy? tootler?) set ups. I love my lazy lovelies! :D
    Sometimes I really miss my carto tanks... After a lil learning curve it was the easiest and most consistant set up I've used in my nearly 3 years of vaping. I loved them. I wish that I could open the airflow on em, I may use them again one day. Or pif to someone. I have a boatload of cartos still!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Mine has started doing the same thing. Started about a month or so ago. Then, yesterday, out of nowhere the screen will not light up when firing but it will still fire and turn off with 5 clicks. I have to take out the battery and put it back in. I am getting quite upset with my IPV Mini.
    I had to sendmine in for this, got it replaced through amodus <am i spelling that right? It won't get better :(
    For those that have super dim screen issues, same thing for me. Had to get it replaced :(

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    :lol:! define boatload..... cuz we are in that same BOAT!!!

vjdossey, I wonder if a standard Air Flow Controller might help?

I hope you all are doing well, and still enjoying the IPV. Mine just never got the deserved love and hopefully someone will adopt it and it will then go to a new home. Yes, I decided it's time to sell it.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    [emoji38]! define boatload..... cuz we are in that same BOAT!!!

vjdossey, I wonder if a standard Air Flow Controller might help?

I hope you all are doing well, and still enjoying the IPV. Mine just never got the deserved love and hopefully someone will adopt it and it will then go to a new home. Yes, I decided it's time to sell it.
    Omg Katdarling, LOTS, LOL... I think I tried that afc, with no luck. Just recently I thought of drilling out the af holes on the cartos themselves. Have you ever tried that?

I am in the same boat with my ipv v1 as well. It didn't get the love. Sad thing is, mine is darn near brand new. I had issues with my original one so I got it replaced. By then I had moved on. I literally used the new one doe less than 24 hrs, just to be sure the replacement was good to go. I have so much stuff I want to sell. Wish I could get people here to vouch for me so I could join the classified section. I don't qualify otherwise. I wonder where else I might be able to post vape gear for sale?

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Nope, I don't drill. If I can't mod it with a paper clip and a nail file, I'm out. (KatRule) ;)

You might try FleaBay...... dunno! I'm sure there are a ton of FB pages as well. I've not dug into much research for selling there.
    I am right there with ya. I haven't done a whole lot of modding past simple tools. My husband has helped me with a few small crazy ideas but, vaping is not his thing... If ever you find something that works, let me know ;)

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

You mean THIS one, from the classies? The one that looks familiar to me?

DIDN'T I BUY THIS FOR YOU??? :|

Eh, what the heck. Sell it. Enjoy it.

:laugh:

2015-02-26 18.38.44.jpg

Reactions: Katdarling
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread