The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IPV V3-Mini 30W AUTO-SQUONK

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Dunder Mifflin, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  2. madstabber

Yea I did notice the chip difference between the two. Has anyone ever did a side by side comparison of the chips in any of the ipv vs SX related mods? Just curious if the tc works as good or if worse how much. Obviously the SX Yihi chip has more features and options but it would be an interesting study.

3. BABIS1098

BABIS1098 Full Member

Apr 18, 2012
    greece
    The rda is origen mini 16mm and performing well without issue.I am using ss316l 0.4mm on 2mm core and 6 rounds this is exactly 0.3ohm...i also tried ss316l 0.25 in the same core (1 ohm) and it work fine. ....
    you must achieve exactly the value of resistance if you want it to work properly...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. madstabber

Thank you for the information and figuring out how to make it work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dunder Mifflin

Dunder Mifflin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    California
  6. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Ingenious @BABIS1098
    I've ordered the Origen and plan to do that to. Am I right that you parted the ADA bottom disc on a lathe to seperate it?

7. Angus337

Angus337 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2015
    Not having any luck with this device. 1st unit returned after the TC failed, so was operating without any regulation. Just received a replacment and it's not squonking. I can hear the pump, but getting no liquid to the RDA. Think I'll just give up on this and get my money back.

8. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yiihaaa got it on and firing. So simple to do really. I'll take some photos of what I did and post it later. First I want to try it out and see if it works well enough...:D
    20191108_113338.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. BABIS1098

BABIS1098 Full Member

Apr 18, 2012
    greece
    The 2 holes help me to remove the base if it stuck on 510..yes you can use any atty you want...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    First off a huge thank you to @BABIS1098 for setting off the idea :thumb:
    So here's my little process of fitting the Origen to the IPV.
    I don't have access to a lathe anymore so I decided to give it a try without it and it turned out to be soooo easy...I actually had a chuckle at myself afterwards.
    All I used was a electric drill, a hacksaw and sheets of different grades sandpaper to smooth things off.
    I clamped the IPV ADA by the thread side in the drill and sawed it off to get the flange off the ADA. I then gripped the ADA flange by the thread side and smoothed it off on the sandpaper sheets.
    20191109_141333.jpg
    Same with the Origen. Grip it by the 510 thread in the drill and saw it off while spinning the drill.
    20191109_142838.jpg 20191109_141453.jpg
    Sand the bottom of the threadless RDA on the sandpaper to smooth.
    Now the ADA flange can be screwed into the RDA. A little bit needs to be taken off the head of the Origen squonk pin so it can fit into the little black isolating ring. Do that by clamping the squonk pin in the drill and feather it with sandpaper or a handfile
    20191109_141733.jpg
    Now its easy to just fit the flange to the RDA
    20191109_141625.jpg
    I built a. 2mm 0.3ohm SS coil and it vapes beautifully. Takes this IPV to a whole new level for sure. Don't know why but the temp control don't work as well as in the standard ADA. It does cut back the power but only after I get the dry hit. Don't bother me much though, as i'm still to much on a high for actually getting it working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I think this pump is activated by suction. It doesn't pump when I have the top cap off and pushing the fire button. Only when I replace it and suck while firing does it start pumping again.
    So good to actually see the juice being pumped manually to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah this pump is actually very temperamental. It sometimes starts up, and other times it just doesn't.
    Again don't really bother me that much....i just operate it manually, and the vape I get off it, makes it all worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.