IPV2s -vs- Sigelei 100w -vs- Cana Modz

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been split in my decision to buy one of these items ...

- - -

I found reviews on the Cloupor hana modz clone that indicate issues with reading ohms & miss firing occasionally. However, with the many chip upgrades I believe that these problems may not exist in the newest version.

The Pioneer4you IPV2s is another one I've had my eye on. I hear it is a solid piece but do prefer the look of the hana modz. The IPV3 also caught my attention. Not sure if I need such a powerful device - although I believe they cost nearly the same.

Now for the Sigelei 100 watt .. This thing is a beast. It also comes in a "limited" and "plus" version. Does anyone know about these special editions? I read that the "plus" version is meant to come with a floating 510 connection.

- - -

Which of these mods is the best in terms of quality and performance?

Also, is the Cloupor Hana Modz clone a solid piece at this point?

If you have another item you would like to recommend please do so...

BOX MOD LYFE

Nov 27, 2014
georgia
I personally just preordered the sigelei 100w plus, I believe its just the regular version with a floating pin slightly different design, (rounded corners and a swoosh on one side)and it doesn't have the screw holes anymore, just magnets. I have heard pretty good things about it. I do own the ipv v1, and it has been great, would have got the ipv3... Except it still uses screws on the back plate, trust me it gets old unscrewing it, and it is about $50 more. Don't know much about the cloupor and have seen some negative reviews about some of their products, but not the cana mods one.

The sigelei Is a beast, I dropped mine on concrete a few times and nothing but a scrach. It hits like a beast too, and the battery life is great. Cloupor is a shady company The t5 firmware fried alot of peoples devices and they're new t6 is supposed to be 100 watts, people are testing it as only putting out a true 65-70 watts. Personaly I would stay away from cloupor. I have heard good things about the ipv2 and 3.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have the original version of the sigelei 100 watt and it is awesome Highly recommend it. Battery life is phenominal. I have read various reviews about poor quality on the P4Y products in general so that sort of scared me away from the 150 watt box. Sigelei seems to have a reputation for solid products.

The cloupor isn't even relevant in this conversation, lacking wattage. But the fasttech clones are a good deal. I have one and it would be great with a Lemo or Kayfun but can't push enough wattage to really drive a dripper. Yes it will fire them but not nearly as cloudy.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I have a recent cloupor and I'd put it in the OK category, not the solid category. They've improved a lot and you should be able to find something in the $50 during the BF sales.

I originally dug the ipv2s but with their higher prices and sketchy issues I'd favor the sigelei plus. The plus is just the newest version with some nice upgrades.

But my final answer is none of the above. I think you might really like the Sigelei 50w if you don't need to go to 100w.

MINI SIGELEI 50W _50W BOX MOD_SIGELEI Electronic Cigarette -

The one thing that the Cloupor and Sigelei 50w have going for them is that you can charge from USB instead of switching out batteries. I find this to be the best thing about my cloupor.

Lastly, if you wanna be the guinea pig, G Vapers is running a preorder on a Cana with a DNA 40 board. They claim its authentic?

PREORDER Authentic Evolv Dna 40 with Cana Modz Housing | G Vapers

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Have they been updating the DNA 30 chip in the Cloupor Hana Modz? What seems to be the issue w/ these devices?

The size of this mod and its sleek & sexy look is what appeals to me the most. Although, I wish it did have more power...

If you are trying to push a dripper it is a waste of money. only has a single battery so it doesn't last nearly as long. I don't know specifically about that chip, but cloupor in general gets thrashed for quality just like p4y. there are plenty of people who have great devices from these companies. But there are to many complaints for me to spend cash on my primary mod from them.

And I cant stress this enough it is under powered compared to the others. If you don't care about going down to 7 watts,get the sigelei 100 watt. The extra money is worth it. The sigelei hits harder than my mech and is a more consistent vape.

If you are trying to push a dripper it is a waste of money. only has a single battery so it doesn't last nearly as long. I don't know specifically about that chip, but cloupor in general gets thrashed for quality just like p4y. there are plenty of people who have great devices from these companies. But there are to many complaints for me to spend cash on my primary mod from them.

And I cant stress this enough it is under powered compared to the others. If you don't care about going down to 7 watts,get the sigelei 100 watt. The extra money is worth it. The sigelei hits harder than my mech and is a more consistent vape.

Isn't it quite large?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Isn't it quite large?

yep. but it doesn't take up any more real estate than a pack of smokes and a lighter. And it is worth it. Heavy as hell too. But if I ever need to protect myself someone is getting a 10 ounce metal box to the giblets! lol

I have vaped this extensively alongside a dna 30 clone from fasttech and there is just no comparison. Battery life, quantity of vapor, ramp up time. It has two 18650's, coils get hot immediately. With the dna it takes 1-2 seconds to heat up much thinner coils.

If you are looking for something that looks sleek by all means buy something else no biggie to me. but if you want something that hits all day long like a freight train this is it man.

edit - the upadted version comes out 12-6 or whatever that translates to in vape years. you can check it out on eciggity.com and try the reddit10 discount code. I used that code in october when I bought mine

Last edited:

EPP64

Nov 29, 2014
Del City, OK
i was on the fence about which one to order as well. I had good deals up on several different ones today and was determined to pull the trigger on something today! Got out and about and stopped at one my local B&M's and they had the sigelei 100 watt on sale for Black Friday. Bought it and came home and closed all the tabs I had open. LoL It is running my atlantis like a champ.

yep. but it doesn't take up any more real estate than a pack of smokes and a lighter. And it is worth it. Heavy as hell too. But if I ever need to protect myself someone is getting a 10 ounce metal box to the giblets! lol

I have vaped this extensively alongside a dna 30 clone from fasttech and there is just no comparison. Battery life, quantity of vapor, ramp up time. It has two 18650's, coils get hot immediately. With the dna it takes 1-2 seconds to heat up much thinner coils.

If you are looking for something that looks sleek by all means buy something else no biggie to me. but if you want something that hits all day long like a freight train this is it man.

edit - the upadted version comes out 12-6 or whatever that translates to in vape years. you can check it out on eciggity.com and try the reddit10 discount code. I used that code in october when I bought mine

Superb! I appreciate your advice and believe that the Sigelei is the better choice. The only cons really about this mod (I've heard) is 1. No floating connection 2. Buttons a little finicky 3. Minimum 10 watts

Is it worth pre ordering the new edition? Any idea what will be different? Will it fit in my pocket with an atty?

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The pin in the update version is spring loaded so that problem is solved. And adjusting wattage is a little goofy; slow, slow, zoom, I am at 60 watts. Once you get the hang of it not a problem. 10 watts is also not a big deal below 10 watts I just slap it on my ego battery. Not really much I care about that hits less than 10 watts. I have a 510 atomizer, I test funky flavors with that I don't want to foul my rayon.

It will fit in a pair of levis with an atty. I just take the drip tip off if I am going to be sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread