Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Heylo once again!

I have decided to buy one last mod and I just wanted to know which seems to have a better grasp on the temperature control.

Both have great reviews. I was just in a B&M today and saw the SW200W for the first time today and that thing is gorgeous. Compact, and sleek, but I don't know!

I would love to hear from owners of each on which mods temp control function works better and why.

Thanks for any input!

Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Haven't tried Temp Control on the Snow Wolf. Tried power mode on both. The Snow Wolf has something similar to the Jellyfish's ramp up. It's a beautiful device and it runs well. That being said, I own the iPV4 and the TC works beautifully as well as the power mode. I love the device.

Yeah, I spoke with someone in a B&M today and they also said the IPV4 was the way to go. I don't need 200W... 100W is plenty. IPV4 it is!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
According to some of the people in the Snow Wolf thread the temperature control works better than any other mod. As for the 200W aspect, I doubt I'll ever go over 100W, but I don't see the 200W option as any reason not to buy it. I don't normally drive my car with the throttle at 100% either, but that doesn't mean I want less horsepower.

I was really watching the IPV4 for months and had every intention of buying it, but after seeing the Snowwolf and how easy it is to use as well as it's size I'm leaning heavily towards the Snowwolf now. I really like the way it autodetects the coil type and autoselects temperature control or watts depending on the coil. No jumping through menu hoops to change, just put the atty on, hit the Up button once when it asks if it's a new atty, and then you're in the right mode. From there it's simply temperature up and down or watts up and down depending on which mode it's in. Slick and easy.

The only thing really holding me back from committing to it is the glass front. I would hate to spend that much money on a mod, drop it once, and have the whole face plate shatter. Then again I've carried a smartphone with a glass front for 3+ years and haven't broken it yet.

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Oh, and one more reason why I'm now considering the Snow Wolf 200W, it does up to 70W in temperature control mode, which means it's the only mod out there that can properly power the new Freemax Starre Pro with it's nickel coils. The nickel coils are rated up to 80W and the IPV 4 can only feed it a max of 50W. The Kanthal coils for it are rated up to 100W, the absolute limit of the IPV4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cullin Kin

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Welp, just pulled the trigger on the Snow Wolf... We shall see! It's a birthday preset to myself. :) On Twisted420's video, he does the dry cotton test and it works flawlessly. I'm super excited!

Happy birthday and congratulations.

Mine will be a birthday present as well. 29th of this month.

One other aspect about the Snow Wolf that I really like is the size. It's smaller than the IPV4.

IPV4 = 108mm X 58mm X 26mm
Snow Wolf = 100mm X 52mm X 25mm

The Snow Wolf is shorter, narrower, and thinner.

Reactions: Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Happy birthday and congratulations.

Mine will be a birthday present as well. 29th of this month.

One other aspect about the Snow Wolf that I really like is the size. It's smaller than the IPV4.

IPV4 = 108mm X 58mm X 26mm
Snow Wolf = 100mm X 52mm X 25mm

The Snow Wolf is shorter, narrower, and thinner.

Well happy almost birthday! Mine is actually July 24th but hey, when you get excited, you get excited.

Yeah! While I was just in Tucson AZ, I went into a B&M and they had it on the shelf with some IPV4's. It was so small that I initially asked if it was the Sigelei 75W TC mod that isn't even out yet lol.

It really seems like the perfect mod at the perfect price point.

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
Got mine yesterday and I love it. I haven't tried the tc yet as the shop was out of nickel coils for my Atlantis. Sleek device fits nice in the hand. Only issue a bit on the heavy side. In terms of worried about it dropping and smashing the glass I was thinking about taking it to one of those glass protector kiosks for phones and tablets to see if they could put it in there like invisibleshield

SaintChrisMore

Jul 26, 2015
Portland, OR
Oh, and one more reason why I'm now considering the Snow Wolf 200W, it does up to 70W in temperature control mode, which means it's the only mod out there that can properly power the new Freemax Starre Pro with it's nickel coils. The nickel coils are rated up to 80W and the IPV 4 can only feed it a max of 50W. The Kanthal coils for it are rated up to 100W, the absolute limit of the IPV4.
50w and 50 joules is completely different just so you know... and the IPV4 does 120w now with the new update, which takes 20 seconds to install on the chip.

SaintChrisMore

Jul 26, 2015
Portland, OR
50w and 50 joules is completely different just so you know... and the IPV4 does 120w now with the new update, which takes 20 seconds to install on the chip.
Not to mention I feel bad for you and your battery life if you're pushing the max all the time! What the hell are you vaping? Lol I have both and have never used either one over maybe 75watts and I'm talking about kidney crushing lung suppressing clouds! Normally I hover around 35-50watts and my (vtc5) batteries last most of the day and using it frequently... I dunno, you just have to blow through batteries yo!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

Yes, I'm very aware of the difference between watts and joules. Are you aware that the Yihi chip misuses the term "joules" and what they really mean are watts per second?

If they used the term Joules correctly then if you had it set at 50 joules and took a 10 second draw off the mod it would only deliver 5 watts per second of power.

And the IPV4 does NOT do 120W in temperature control mode. With the update is limited to a maximum of 60W in temperature control mode.

SaintChrisMore

Jul 26, 2015
Portland, OR
Yes, I'm very aware of the difference between watts and joules. Are you aware that the Yihi chip misuses the term "joules" and what they really mean are watts per second?

If they used the term Joules correctly then if you had it set at 50 joules and took a 10 second draw off the mod it would only deliver 5 watts per second of power.

And the IPV4 does NOT do 120W in temperature control mode. With the update is limited to a maximum of 60W in temperature control mode.
Lol never mind all that... It's easy to misunderstand people on here and I misunderstood you and you misunderstood me... But anyway truth is guys, they are both great devices for most vaping styles these days but if you want a little extra I would go with the Snow Wolf... I don't think I have ever needed to push anywhere close to the limits of my IPV4 even before the update but I made the ultimate decision and gave my IPV to a fellow vaper in need and will just use the Wolf. (And mine is the updated 1.5 chip so I never had to struggle through some of the original problems some were having)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread