Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
I appreciate the info while hoping you're wrong lol
I would love to be wrong, I was a huge YiHi support and DNA hater. I have unforgettably learned the hard way. As time goes by your mod will get hotter and hotter. You hold both + & - to lock resistance while in temp control mode. The coil must be room temp or you will not get a good vape and you could even get a short. At first it should lock right away to the proper ohms but overtime u will notice it jumping, for instance if its suppose to be .25, it might show .12, .15, .44, .82, .22, .55 if you click the lock command in quick succession. At this point your mod is shot. Any coils will get messed up and melt out of spaced formation. OCC coils will pop. Even power mode will be unreliable. You will notice extreme heat coming from the USB port area where the bottom of the chip sits inside the enclosure. After a few days the internal mod will melt and it will possibly explode, as some peoples on reddit's batteries vented from the heat.

You should get about 3-5 months of good vaping, be aware of the signs and take proactive action to get it fixed or get a new mod for your own safety. Never use unpaired batteries as well as this will accelerate the decline, as a friend did that and after a few days his mod melted. Hopefully by then Yihi will have kicked there game up and you can get in something more reliable rivaling the features of the DNA 200, at 1/4 the cost. Or maybe by then prices will be lower on them. Good Luck

EDIT: I had mine since Aug as well, My wife also had a IPV4S and hers failed in the same way in 2 months. All this info is to help you be aware of the issues from someone who experienced them and make sure you know the signs and risks

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Firestart, I hope you get a good one. Like I stated earlier. I have had 2 of the original IPV4's since I preordered last spring. One has been used daily, ever since. I have not had a single problem. Only use in temperature control mode. Usually around .16 ohms at 450 degrees. Maybe I have been lucky with my 2.

HD

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Both of them came in. Liked the IPV4 (well, I gave it a firmware update on a borrowed Windows computer before I ever actually used it so it's technically an IPV4S now? :p) after I got used to the weight and the way the batteries are held (thank God I brought spare jackets lol). The double 18650 setup lasts me all day and its functioning a lot more reliably than the old Sigelei junker. I will still want to get something smaller for stealth vapes.

@WharfRat1976 I doubt Mike will send you a reply. I e-mailed them like a month ago asking about a possible TC on SS firmware update and nobody ever e-mailed me back. Looks like P4Y doesn't really stand behind their products so they just want you to buy new ones even when the old ones actually can do the job.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Both of them came in. Liked the IPV4 (well, I gave it a firmware update on a borrowed Windows computer before I ever actually used it so it's technically an IPV4S now? [emoji14]) after I got used to the weight and the way the batteries are held (thank God I brought spare jackets lol). The double 18650 setup lasts me all day and its functioning a lot more reliably than the old Sigelei junker. I will still want to get something smaller for stealth vapes.

@WharfRat1976 I doubt Mike will send you a reply. I e-mailed them like a month ago asking about a possible TC on SS firmware update and nobody ever e-mailed me back. Looks like P4Y doesn't really stand behind their products so they just want you to buy new ones even when the old ones actually can do the job.
Yep. No return email. My ipv4s is working fine. I'm waiting for the shown to drop though per other threads. My first and last p4U product.

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

agploch

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2014
Florida's Capital
Hello there! I don't know where to ask this question... I have an IPV4S (that I won in a contest) and I'm currently using it with a Uwell Crown Tank with the stock ni200 0.15 ohm coil. After watching/reading many reviews, I set it at 330°F and I'm running it at 36J. Are these settings ok?

Thanks! And Merry Christmas! :D

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hello there! I don't know where to ask this question... I have an IPV4S (that I won in a contest) and I'm currently using it with a Uwell Crown Tank with the stock ni200 0.15 ohm coil. After watching/reading many reviews, I set it at 330°F and I'm running it at 36J. Are these settings ok?

Thanks! And Merry Christmas! :D
Whatever suits you is fine :) 330f is quite low, 400-450 is usually the range most use, but if it works for you, great.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Might not be a bad idea for other IPV4/IPV4S owners to start e-mailing the mfgr and asking for TC on SS firmware update. Any help from non-owners would also be appreciated. It would also be good to mention something along the lines of only buying from manufacturers who support their products ;) The e-mail address is found on their contact page Contact us_Online information_Classification system_IPV Electronic Cigarette -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread