Vape Hartwell, GA
    11315957.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just won a Coolfire Z80 and a Zenith 2 tank combo so I'm going to try to go back to vaping again and only use the iqos when the craving gets really strong for a cigarette

That sounds like a great plan. You vaped for 5 years. Today's equipment is leaps and bounds better than back when you were vaping. Give it a good shot. However we have legal/govt. issues you didn't really have back then, so be prepared for that if you do get back into vaping. You'll probably always be able to get IQOS, though.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    That sounds like a great plan. You vaped for 5 years. Today's equipment is leaps and bounds better than back when you were vaping. Give it a good shot. However we have legal/govt. issues you didn't really have back then, so be prepared for that if you do get back into vaping. You'll probably always be able to get IQOS, though.

I used a Provari and a Kabuki tank back then so I don't know about today's equipment being "loads" better but I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Kind of best in class at the time, I'm not sure one could do better today for a regulated with a non-RBTA today.

I used a Provari and a Kabuki tank back then so I don't know about today's equipment being "loads" better but I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Just "different", but not loads better...........

And, I still use my Provari's & carto tanks.

hint:
    Learn to be "self reliant" if you want to continue to vepe.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Kind of best in class at the time, I'm not sure one could do better today for a regulated with a non-RBTA today.

I won't surprised if my still-in-use Provis outlast most of my other stuff.

Just "different", but not loads better...........

And, I still use my Provari's & carto tanks.

:thumb::thumbs::vapor:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I won't surprised if my still-in-use Provis outlast most of my other stuff.

:thumb::thumbs::vapor:

My daughter stole mine several years ago but before the fall of the Provari Empire and she has been happily vaping nothing else ever since.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    My daughter never bought a Provari, but she sure loved her "PINK" Silver Bullet.

HH 357 on a Silver Bullet ... how does it get any better?? :thumb::thumb:
    (all dressed up with a "pink" drip shield of course)

I had (have) a Silver Bullet, black. I bought it before I had a clue what I was doing but I too used the HH357. I never cared for it but as I said, I had no clue what any of this was about. I still have both, one day I may dig them out and try it.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    [QUOTE="tj99959, post: 23337207, member: 68621"

hint:
    Learn to be "self reliant" if you want to continue to vepe.[/QUOTE]

Care to explain that last part that I just quoted?

Were you addressing me directly or was that general advise aimed at everybody in the thread?

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    [QUOTE="tj99959, post: 23337207, member: 68621"

hint:
    Learn to be "self reliant" if you want to continue to vepe.

Care to explain that last part that I just quoted?

Were you addressing me directly or was that general advise aimed at everybody in the thread?

That's a general statement for everyone.
    Can you make your own mod if you can't buy one?!?
    How about an atomizer????
    DIYing your own liquids is just the start of what we can do, and when we know how the Gov. can never take vaping away from us.

add:
    If you are feeling adventurous, try this Mamu mod.
    http://www.howder.com/dena_howto.pdf

Last edited:
    Erm, I'm not exactly sure how it is that there's a fresh thread about Iqos being supposedly something 'new' in 2021 - excuse my ignorance, it probably has to do with some regulations in the US I guess? I tried it back in Ukraine in uhm, not exactly sure, probably early 2017 or so - by then it was widely available pretty much anywhere in Ukraine.

By that time I'd been vaping for a few years already, having already got used to sub-ohm DL vaping and all that it entails - big clouds, a variety of rich non-tobacco flavors and so on, so when I tried an Iqos, my impression was... well, quite meh to say the least. No clouds, almost zero taste, expensive, what seemed to be like zero throat hit to me, some sorts of charging troubles - I wasn't impressed at all.

That being said, perhaps the newer generations are better; also, obviously everyone's experience is different - I for one, after smoking for 20 years, just put the pack of Camels away one day and picked up the vape - and never looked back; in 7 years had 1 pack of analogs for 1 day when I drowned my vape when being super drunk and high at a friend's wedding. Hated every puff I made too.

However, anything that's less harm than smoking and that eliminates the burning is definitely good, if Iqos gets more people to switch from burning to at least heating, that's undeniably good. The big tobacco companies profiting from their 'answer to vaping' is a whole different story though.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I am with you on this. Some company put out a heat not burn product years and years ago here in the US of A, I have forgotten the company and the name of the product. They did not catch on and weren't around long.
    My concern, today, now that I am many times more informed, is the addition of undesirable chemicals by the tobacco company to any product they make.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread