Iqos

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Some of y'all may remember me, some not so fondly, but that's okay. I used to be a very frequent and outspoken contributor here.

I haven't posted in awhile. Mainly because I fell off the wagon big time after 5 years of vaping and felt like a hypocrite posting on these forums.

I've tried new vaping products in the interim and just haven't been able to stay away from the cancer sticks.

That changed for me yesterday after trying the Iqos device.

I tried one, bought one and haven't had an analog since.

For those wondering about these, especially those who are looking for that missing something with nicotine salts, WTA etc, give these a try.

They are basically a miniature dry herb vaporizer for tobacco.

You get that same instant rush from a cigarette, those same missing chemicals, and a very similar hand and mouth feel.

No harshness or coughing like from vaping either. And the taste is PHENOMENAL. I'm not a fan of tobacco flavors....have never smoked for the taste.... but this is the fullest, cleanest tobacco flavor I've ever experienced.

And the best part is, since nothing is burning like a cigarette, there's a big reduction in tar and harmful chemicals.

I will try to post a video review in the next few days if anyone is interested.

This is a game changer for me, even bigger than that first kr808 I tried over a decade ago....and if keeps someone else off of cigarettes, I think it's worth posting here

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
East Coast
youtu.be
Some of y'all may remember me, some not so fondly, but that's okay. I used to be a very frequent and outspoken contributor here.

I haven't posted in awhile. Mainly because I fell off the wagon big time after 5 years of vaping and felt like a hypocrite posting on these forums.

I've tried new vaping products in the interim and just haven't been able to stay away from the cancer sticks.

That changed for me yesterday after trying the Iqos device.

I tried one, bought one and haven't had an analog since.

For those wondering about these, especially those who are looking for that missing something with nicotine salts, WTA etc, give these a try.

They are basically a miniature dry herb vaporizer for tobacco.

You get that same instant rush from a cigarette, those same missing chemicals, and a very similar hand and mouth feel.

No harshness or coughing like from vaping either. And the taste is PHENOMENAL. I'm not a fan of tobacco flavors....have never smoked for the taste.... but this is the fullest, cleanest tobacco flavor I've ever experienced.

And the best part is, since nothing is burning like a cigarette, there's a big reduction in tar and harmful chemicals.

I will try to post a video review in the next few days if anyone is interested.

This is a game changer for me, even bigger than that first kr808 I tried over a decade ago....and if keeps someone else off of cigarettes, I think it's worth posting here
Hey--Don't know you or what happened. So WELCOME BACK.....I used Yogi Original Granola (JAVA)

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, I bought a kit in a Duty Free shop on the way back from Europe several years ago (before they were available at all in the USA). They definitely provide something that's are missing from plain nic, salts, or even WTA. Hard to describe, but very obvious.

However, I found that after all the years I'd been vaping instead of smoking, I no longer needed that missing stuff, so all I did with it is hit one every once in a while, when I wanted a treat, and even that tapered off. I'm pretty sure it's been well over a year since I've used 'em and I went through less than three packs out of the carton of heat sticks I bought.

I think they have lots of potential among those people for whom vaping doesn't work because "something is missing".

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If they got through the deeming,
IQOS already has an approved marketing order. They submitted a PMTA way early and never sold anything in the USA until their PMTA was approved. Theirs is one of the very few (3? 4?) PMTAs that have ever been approved.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Good for you. I quit smoking by vaping for a long time then "slipped" back into dual use. Quit smoking again and just vaping for months now. Something like that might have prevented me from slipping back into smoking. I'm set on vaping now (even make my own juices and have some rebuildables although I still enjoy the ease of "drop-in" coils) Might recommend this to friends that I haven't got to quit by vaping. Yes, those other compounds are very addictive (not just nicotine) but at least it's not a full blown nasty combustible. Seems like a reasonable compromise. Hey... just found a really cool image searching how to spell compromise:
upload_2021-8-20_15-37-23.jpeg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am curious... what is the cost of using these (like compared to cigs)?
Comparable. I'm pretty sure the heat sticks are considered cigs in the US and taxed the same.

IIRC, I paid just over 100 Euros for the device and the carton of heat sticks when I got them.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I am curious... what is the cost of using these (like compared to cigs)?

Google says $80-100 for the kit. But I can't find a price on a pack of "HeatSticks". But I didn't look that hard because I personally don't think vaporizing all those Big Tobacco chemicals is much different than combusting them. As far as I know, a "Heat Stick" is just a short cigarette.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Comparable. I'm pretty sure the heat sticks are considered cigs in the US and taxed the same.

IIRC, I paid just over 100 Euros for the device and the carton of heat sticks when I got them.
    Forgot to specify... ignore the initial cost of the device (just like with vaping) Just wondering about the cost of the "refills". I suppose you are right about the tax part.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    There is a difference... how much is debatable. I have used similar techniques with "the other stuff" and there seems to be a big difference. I still much prefer vaping (and I'm quite sure it's cheaper... make your own juice, build your own atties and it's way cheaper for sure) I also know that even with smoking tobacco, how hot you get it makes a huge difference in the harm caused. People that "hot box" a smoke are creating way more bad things in larger amounts. Thank goodness I took easy drags when I smoked. Hey... let's don't get into a heated debate about this. I just feel it could be a good choice for people that tried to quit by vaping and didn't succeed.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Forgot to specify... ignore the initial cost of the device (just like with vaping) Just wondering about the cost of the "refills". I suppose you are right about the tax part.

Next time you're out somewhere where they sell cigarettes, see if they have IQOS heat sticks and let us know how much they cost. Seeing how you're in Cali, I'll take half that cost and figure that's how much they cost everywhere else :laugh: , except NY.

I rarely never go anywhere that sells cigarettes or else I'd check myself.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    There is a difference... how much is debatable.
    I think there's a big difference. The last time I tried a cigarette (more than seven years ago, about 3 or 4 months after I had switch to vaping) I started to feel that familiar irritation in my wind pipe that I was so happy had gone away with vaping before I was half way though that cig. I ended up making it less than 3/4 of the way through that cig before I put it out and decided I was well and truly done with them forever.

An IQOS never did that to me. Of course, my testing of IQOS was years later; it's possible my body has healed much more during the intervening time, and I could smoke a whole cig now without it tearing up my windpipe, but I'm not really inclined to find out.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Next time you're out somewhere where they sell cigarettes, see if they have IQOS heat sticks and let us know how much they cost. Seeing how you're in Cali, I'll take half that cost and figure that's how much they cost everywhere else :laugh: , except NY.

I rarely never go anywhere that sells cigarettes or else I'd check myself.

Here in NC, I'm paying 5.33 per pack of heat sticks.20 per pack.

So about the same as a pack of cigarettes.

The only real downside that I've noticed to these, is that the butts themselves stink like a bad cigar.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    What really interesting about these Iqos, is that Altria is taking the same tack this forum has always taken.

And thats harm reduction.

I just won a Coolfire Z80 and a Zenith 2 tank combo so I'm going to try to go back to vaping again and only use the Iqos when the craving gets really strong for a cigarette

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread