Is a life span of 3 mos acceptable for the joye eGo batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
My ego batteries are starting to die. I know they don't last forever but what is the average lifespan of an ego battery? I have 4 of them, the two original ones are 650mah that came with my starter kit from Cignot and I've ordered two more of the larger 950mah batteries from LF and within the last month or so, two have died one of the 650 and one of the 950.

I have been using boge 2.0 LR cartos and the 1.7 LR ressurectors. I have been using them for about 6 wks or so and I never had a problem until recently.:?:

Any thoughts???

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
I've got a few of them that are nearing their one year mark....they're on an unofficial rotation, I just swap out a charged one and put the dead one on a charger.

Your low resistance devices may have something to do with their perceived shortened lifespan.

The batteries are designed to deliver their power at a certain resistance. Dropping that resistance increases the discharge rate of the battery. This could be accelerating the decay of your cells. Normal use would provide you with a few hundred charging cycles.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I agree that it might be the LR on the 650 batteries that are shortening the overall age. The 650 prefers the SR but as you can see it will also handle the LR quite well, except for the lifespan. The larger eGo's seen to have a better age span with the LR's.

It's typical for an eGo to last a good 4-6 months. I've had one eGo-PT last for over a year and it's still going strong with SR attys/cartos.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I have 3 eGo 650 mah batteries in rotation for over a year. No failures. And using LR atty's all that time.

The batteries are spec'd for over 300 charge cycles. I charge mine on average every 16 hours or so (2/3 day.)

So, cycling 3 batteries , each battery is charged about every 3*(2/3)= 2 days.

So, 300 charge cycles would be about 2*300 = 600 days per battery. So it's not surprising they've gone over a year.

Of course batterys can always fail sooner than the "spec." Maybe you've just had bad luck, or maybe your charger has some problem. I guess if it were me I'd get a new charger to see if things get better. YOU NEED A SPARE BACKUP charger anyway !

Overcharging a battery can drastically reduce its life. I don't mean to take it off the charger sooner; the charger disconnects itself from the battery when it's done. But if your charger is trying to charge to a higher voltage than recommended there can be big problems with battery life.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
between hubby and I he has 2 650 passthrough from mfs and I have 2 from liberty flights. both sets are about a year old. only one of them has just recently had a problem. it will only charge to about 3/4 or so charge. when I put it on an reg charger it never completes( charge light will go off using usb) but I still use it all the time even though I already ordered a replacement.

I would contact the supplier to see if there is any reports from ego sold at the time you bought yours. could have been a bad bunch or go to another supplier all together.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Thanks to everyone for the good feedback. It's funny that many of you mention the charger. I have two. One charges off the computer and the other off the wall socket. I think the charger on the wall has been charging the batteries up MUCH quicker than the usb charger and I was under the impression that it was supposed to be the other way around.

I have ordered replacements and I think I will use the usb to charge them up. Thanks so much for the feedback. I had a feeling these batteries were not lasting as long as they normally do. I'm new at this and it's so nice to have this forum to go to with any and every question I have. Even the really dumb ones!!

You guys are the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread