eGO-T Battery Life Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Berlin, CT
I have 4 650mAh eGO-T batteries.

I am currently using LR BOGE cartos. Is it true that LR cartos drain the battery life faster than standard BOGE cartos?

And another question, I do the 5-click shut off for the batteries when I store them in my case when they aren't in use, does this drain the charge of the battery in any way?

I seem to be having very short use time on all of the batteries, and they are ALL purchased two weeks ago. I am having a rough time here, I have two chargers and both seem to be charging the batteries fine, they just don't seem to be holding a charge very long at all.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Brat:I have 4 650mAh eGO-T batteries.

I am currently using LR BOGE cartos. Is it true that LR cartos drain the battery life faster than standard BOGE cartos?

Yes. Might cut an 1/1.5 hr off full charge which would be 6.5 hours ...ymmv... power vaping (pacifier mode) will shorten the time. Casual vaping will lengthen it.

And another question, I do the 5-click shut off for the batteries when I store them in my case when they aren't in use, does this drain the charge of the battery in any way?

No.

I seem to be having very short use time on all of the batteries, and they are ALL purchased two weeks ago. I am having a rough time here, I have two chargers and both seem to be charging the batteries fine, they just don't seem to be holding a charge very long at all.

Again, ymmv, but like r77, I have only Joyetech batts and they hold charge (in general) at the 6.5 hours (figure one hour for each 100mAh). Toward the end of the whole life of the battery, those times will decrease but for me it takes about 12 to 18 months of use before I see that happening, but I also split my vaping and eGo's into 5 flavors so the vaping time is split up.

SamZzz

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
TN
Hmm. Okay then, I'm gonna have to time exactly how long the batteries seem to last when I put a fresh one on.

Thank you guys for your help, I'll post back after I test a fresh one and how long it runs.

The "standby" time should not matter, but rather the time the battery is being used. I have an 1100 and a 1300 mAh myself. They give me 2-3 DAYS between charges because I don't vape much during the day, just in the evenings when I get home from work. I'll take the occasional draw at work on break, but don't really hit "vape mode" until the drive home.

Low resistance will drain a battery faster though since it burns hotter.

I would think turning it off between uses is actually better since the battery isn't sitting there waiting to be activated and no chance of accidentally pushing the button. I always turn mine off when I'm not using it. Just in case. :)

Brat

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Berlin, CT
I always turn them off too, cause they are in the bottomless pit of my purse when not in use, or even in the zippered eGo case I worry about the button getting pressed accidentally. I didn't think that it being off would "drain" the battery per se, but just wanted to double check.

As for the LR cartos, I'm only using those till Tuesday anyways, then I'll have tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread