Is a mech mod worth the bother? I can blow clouds now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itylerstewart

Verified Member
May 15, 2014
San Antonio, TX
That is false information. Yes the OP will be able to drop the nicotine level of the juice he is using but HE will still get the same amount of nicotine in his system as the dripper will use more juice producing more vapor per draw delivering more nicotine in each draw.

It isn't about the juice % of nicotine you are using. It is about the amount you are taking into your system.

Same goes if I drop the nic % on my juice and vape 2-3-4 times more juice or vape continuously instead of every 5 to 10 minutes. I will still be getting the same amount of, or even more, nicotine in my system.

All I said was he could drop his nic level on the juice he uses... No more, no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I'm 3 months into this. I've got an SVD, MVP 2.0 and a LOT of other stuff. Even have a fogger V4 and a pair of Sony VTC5. But I'm lazy!!!! :) I'm trying to cut down on my nick level (went from 24mg to about 12mb-14mg so far already). I have like 25? EVOD and H2 tanks that all use the same simple kanger bottom coils and I rebuild them with cotton so they blow clouds at 1.5-1.9 ohm. Should I bother with a mech mod? I know they are cheap, but will it just be more hassle with no real advantage to me? I'm 55yo and getting off nicotine is attractive to me.

- Joe

All I said was he could drop his nic level on the juice he uses... No more, no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeppers, that's the way to do it :)

Buy or make your liquid at lower nic levels over whatever period of time that is comfortable for you

Step down at what ever rate you want :)

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Yeppers, that's the way to do it :)

Buy or make your liquid at lower nic levels over whatever period of time that is comfortable for you

Step down at what ever rate you want :)
Great answer.....if you are enjoying your vape....and are not smoking cigarettes (the original and main purpose of this) ..its all good.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
60yo here. When I drip - I use 3mg mixes

No you do not need to Blow clouds. I have near 20 Mechanical mods, some run kick modules and some are straight power. I like my Kayfun tanks on mechanical Mods for looks and simple reliability.
Even if A kick fails all I have to do is remove it and keep vaping.

old_geezer

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Lansing, MI USA
I think I'll end up just getting another MVP 2.0 for a backup. Mechs sound fun, but not compared to the EVOD/Protank II coil stuff I'm using now. Kicks or else uneven voltage. The need to build dual coils. I'm old and lazy and want to keep things simple. I would say Some variables are more unreliable than mechs, but my MVP 2.0 seems really solid. So with a couple MVP 2.0, an SVD, and a hand full of 1300-1500 twists I shouldn't need mech reliability. Thanks for all the great information. I learned a lot! Now I need to figure out what to do with the Fogger v4 I bought. Probably gift it or trade it at the local B&M.
- Joe

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
At the very least get one as a fail safe.
Your regulated mods will all kick the bucket sooner or later but a mech is nigh impossible to break. New spring or magnet here or there, possibly an insulator and it will run forever.

This myth is just that, unbreakable my foot.
I've broken more mechs than regulated devices, and have have a handful of both. Stripped threads accidental drops that damage the 510 connector, NOTHING is invincible.

I'm not saying regulated mods are much better in fact they're more susceptible but the quality of good regulated mods is pretty outstanding, both should last a long time.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
I think I said Fogger v4? Or is there like a v4 2.0? :)

- Joe

There is a 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and I think, a 4.4 :)

The original with the SS contact and rotating AFC
Revision #1 with copper contact and threaded AFC
Revision #2 with copper contact, threaded AFC, wider base and apparently no horizontal juice channels.
Revision #3 went back to the smaller base..

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
About the differences between the fogger versions, this is the way I see it (I have version 4.0, 4.1, 4.3). The version 4.1 is practically the same as 4.0, but apparently the numbering scheme has caught on:

Fogger V4.0 (rotating afc, stainless steel pin)
Fogger V4.1 (almost the same is V4.0 just with space for an oring under the afc ring)
Fogger V4.2 "+" (threaded afc, copper 510 center pin)
Fogger V4.3 "++" (threaded afc, copper 510 center pin, enlarged chamber and infill screw moved below build deck)
Fogger V4.4 New version, from pictures it looks similar to 4.2 but without copper 510 center pin

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ystems/545703-fogger-v4-145.html#post13482353

So, there are 5 :D

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I hear drippers use more juice, but I got that covered big time. How does a dripper drop my nic level? Oh, you mean the level of the juice. I'm thinking Stingray and an Igo-??? thing, but I'm worried that a mech mod and bigger clouds will just get me more addicted. That's not where I'm trying to go.
- Joe
It could potentially help you drop your nic level (but probably only applicable if you switch to exclusively or at least most of the time using the dripper) bc It delivers such massive amounts of vapor per drag and therefore nicotine per drag. Therefore, most people who would normally Vape 12 mg will usually drip 6 mg. hope that helps, what ever you end up deciding as long as you stay off the analogues I think your doing great, so it's really a win/win situation, IMO. Keep on vaping all you cloud-chasing cowboys (and cowgirls) :vapor:

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I think I'll end up just getting another MVP 2.0 for a backup. Mechs sound fun, but not compared to the EVOD/Protank II coil stuff I'm using now. Kicks or else uneven voltage. The need to build dual coils. I'm old and lazy and want to keep things simple. I would say Some variables are more unreliable than mechs, but my MVP 2.0 seems really solid. So with a couple MVP 2.0, an SVD, and a hand full of 1300-1500 twists I shouldn't need mech reliability. Thanks for all the great information. I learned a lot! Now I need to figure out what to do with the Fogger v4 I bought. Probably gift it or trade it at the local B&M.
- Joe
Especially at the resistance you Vape at you don't really need to worry about battery power drop-off for so,e time, like you'll get a couple hours at least out of a good battery before the power drops off significantly to where the Vape quality isn't up to snuff, so I wouldn't let that concern hinder your decision. In addition, since your resistance is relatively high for mechs/RDA's, you can choose batteries that favor mah ratings over amp limits without risking any danger of over working them, which translates to batteries offering in excess of 3000 mah ie you'll be able to Vape for the whole day on a single battery without any issue or significant performance/Vape quality loss. Hope that helps, good luck my vaping comrade =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread