Is Any One Tank Better Than Another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
It really depends on what you're looking for...some are more expensive then others, so have a nicer finished look (ex: stainless steel endcaps). If you buy cheaper, the tube might be rough and unfinished. Or the end caps might not fit as tight as you would like, meaning you have to be careful to prevent leaks. Another good quality to look for in a tank is having a fill hole, so you can depressurize a tank easily. The big thing is end-cap tightness, to prevent leakage. Otherwise you can get a good tank really cheap.

j-tank from electronicstix: I really like the build quality, and it's great for 20 bucks. The endcaps are ultras snug, and it comes in some cool colours.

Chibi tank from parkesvaping: It's kinda weird putting together and it's definetely unfinished (uneven tube cut, weird wonky "o-rings") but it doesn't leak, and it's 5 bucks. Oh but you need to fill by squeezing a needle around the end-cap which bends the needle if you're not careful.

Both these tanks are fairly cheap, have their strengths and weaknesses, but my vape is suffering from not having a fill-hole with screw to de-pressurize the tank. With the j-tank, I have to take off the drip-tip and, slide it up to get some air in. With the Chibi tank, I have to stick a letter opener in the edge, and it's a little akward. You get what you paid for with either.

The tank I'm interested in looking at next is the mini-sub from mom and pops vapor. It's 12 bucks, looks like a snug fit, the finished product looks pretty good to me, and it has a fill hole with screw.

I think it just depends on what you're looking for. I'm kinda new to tanks, so I'm only familiar with the lower end tanks...Oh and the Smoktech tanks are really okay too for 10 bucks. But the end-caps aren't ultra snug, so you have to be careful when sliding the tank up to fill, and dual coils burn through my juice. It's still not too bad for 10 bucks, if you fiddle with it a bit.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Most tanks have inner o-rings nowadays so it comes down to capacity and looks. I've been rocking a delrin MAP tank for a few months and I have no complaints... doesn't leak, and it's easy enough to fill or replace cartos. Just got a stainless steel MAP tank this week, and it's pretty nice. It's a bit spendy, but it looks very nice, and the end caps are smaller than the delrin version so they don't take up as much space in the tube... you get a little bit better juice capacity.

KABird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
Augusta, Ga.
I really like the Smoke Tech DCt Tanks. Really easy to use, mine have yet to leak and the replacement cartos are easily found for less then $3.00 each. You can buy the Pre Punched with flange in 1.5ohm, 2.0 ohm and 2.5 ohm, again easily sourced, but I have found the the Smoke Tech 1.7's which I punch myself work fantastic. A 6 ml filled lasts all day with some pretty heavy vaping, while the 3.5 ml works just as well, but a little less juice capacity. Oh, I run the 1.7's at 3.7 volts on my Indulgence V3, but like to "Kick It Up A Notch" often to 6v and change over to a tank loaded with either a 2 ohm or 2.5 ohm carto.
The Smoke Techs are easy to find and to start with tank, end caps and carto can often be found for less the $10.00 ;-)

mike n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
redondo beach
Jimblob, I am new to vaping but it drives me crazy when people compare tanks to volts or vapor or thoat hit. A tank is a tank is a tank and nothing else. Your choinces on tanks are steel or rubber. I use Ce2s and dual coils on the same tank. When I first started vaping I would watch youtube tank reviews that talked about how great a tank was cause of flavor and vapor and thoat hit. Now I look at these so called experts and laugh.

clouds01

Moved On
Mar 9, 2012
canada
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: MOVED ON

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I've been using the DC Smoktech tanks for a few weeks. I have a major gripe about them and I'm wondering if anyone has some insight or would be able to point me in the direction I'm look for. To refill, I slide the carto down and remove the upper cap. Then I just tilt the carto to the side and fill it up. BUT, when I replace the top cap, no matter how slow and easy I do it, it floods the carto. We're talking dripping all over the surface I'm working on. One of the early replies was talking about relieving the pressure before sealing the system. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should do this? I considered drilling a small hole in the top cap and using a screw from some old sunglasses I have lying around..

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Even though I like tanks,taking a step back and pondering...after 4 months vaping,I tend to distance myself from cartos.

After trying a vizion Grande,next step would be a ce2 tank I think.

Something like The 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod 2.4 ohm White but not necessarily in that ohm range..I dont really like very hot vapes.

mason_winston

Feb 20, 2012
USA
Ok, I spent the weekend w/my new toys, and I'm a little disappointed w/the MAP tanks. The biggest issue is that they're not uniform in length; some of the tanks needed to be shaved down for uniformity. Additionally, when the tanks arrived, the delryn (or whatever) was very rough, almost like someone used a chop saw intended for home construction on them and forgot to sand smooth.

Definitely feeling a little ripped off here. I'd have been fine buying these at $10/tank, but at $25...well...my .... hurts. Thumbs down.

EDIT: And one of the cartomizers that came w/the tanks just died. Hooray. :glare:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread