Is Any One Tank Better Than Another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I've been using the DC Smoktech tanks for a few weeks. I have a major gripe about them and I'm wondering if anyone has some insight or would be able to point me in the direction I'm look for. To refill, I slide the carto down and remove the upper cap. Then I just tilt the carto to the side and fill it up. BUT, when I replace the top cap, no matter how slow and easy I do it, it floods the carto. We're talking dripping all over the surface I'm working on. One of the early replies was talking about relieving the pressure before sealing the system. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should do this? I considered drilling a small hole in the top cap and using a screw from some old sunglasses I have lying around..

I use DCT tanks. I bought 4 3.5 tanks and used them with great results. I then bought a 6mil tank and filled it up. I had a leakage problem all over an EGO batt. I hate waste, and I wasted all the eliquid in that fill. I tried a different carto, same thing another wasted fill. After examining the tank I found that the inner o-ring at the bottom of the tank was disfigured, it was thinner on one side of it. I can only believe that during assembly of the carto into the tank the carto as it was being placed into the tank removed a portion of the o-ring. I should also say that I do not remove the top cap ever to fill, I just tilt the carto and fill either from a dripper bottle or a syringe. If I could afford a divorce :blink:I would probably buy a better quality tank set-up however my wife is be just tolerant enough for me to spend what I am currently spending on this adventure as is.

Not saying this is your problem but it is worth a look.

zenman223

Jan 18, 2012
NC
Since no one has mentioned them I'll add that Ive been very happy with the 3.5ml DCT I got from Madvapes. Its the only tank I have tried so Im no authority on tanks. Theres no O rings just 2 hard rubber or plastic endcaps. Ive had mine a couple months and I hasnt leaked a drop. I dont use it all the time but its held up well. The tank its sell appears to be made to that size b/c there is no evidence at all of it being cut down. They also have the tank carto's for cheap so I'll probably be using theirs from now on.

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Since no one has mentioned them I'll add that Ive been very happy with the 3.5ml DCT I got from Madvapes. Its the only tank I have tried so Im no authority on tanks. Theres no O rings just 2 hard rubber or plastic endcaps. Ive had mine a couple months and I hasnt leaked a drop. I dont use it all the time but its held up well. The tank its sell appears to be made to that size b/c there is no evidence at all of it being cut down. They also have the tank carto's for cheap so I'll probably be using theirs from now on.

I don't mean to be offensive in any way but there are in fact a total of 4 o-rings for the SmokTech DCT tanks; 1 outer and 1 inner for each end. To remove them I very carefully used a dental pick. If you don't have any issues with them I wouldn't mess with them only for fear of scarring or ripping them myself. But then again I am **OLD** and can't see as well I used to.
:)

Edit: Unless they are now shipping without O-rings and have modified them

mentholfan

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Germany
if you would like to order outside usa - germany - just-vapor -
many options - i prefer the mega tank in stainless steel only clearo's
you like too have both options clearo's and Carto's
Use "the Vapor"
the quality of the product's is very god - but I am not authority on tanks
and i do not have any advantages for writing this.

have a nice day
mentholfan

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Jimblob, I am new to vaping but it drives me crazy when people compare tanks to volts or vapor or thoat hit. A tank is a tank is a tank and nothing else. Your choinces on tanks are steel or rubber. I use Ce2s and dual coils on the same tank. When I first started vaping I would watch youtube tank reviews that talked about how great a tank was cause of flavor and vapor and thoat hit. Now I look at these so called experts and laugh.

That's really not quite true, what the tank does is keep the carto fresh. So it's like using a carto that you just filled. The taste is a lot different than what a carto that needs to be topped off tastes like. But, the hole you pot in the side of the carto will have more to do with the taste than which tank you use.

My one complaint with the SmokTech DCT is that the inner diameter of the end caps is a bit to small. If you punch your own cartos it's a PITA.
    Tanks like the J-Tank have a fatter o-ring that allows the dent in the carto wall to slide through, and yet even seal better.
    Try replacing the carto in a full tank, and you will quickly notice the difference.

Last edited:

Jerewolf

Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Crescent City, CA
    goo​.gl
    My notes on the 4 tanks I've used...

SmokeTec Dual Coil Tanks:
    Cheap
    Polycarbonate (can crack with some juices)
    Loose fitting O-Rings cause sliding and spinning on the cartomizer. This can make it difficult to screw/unscrew your cartomizer and possibly lead to leaks/spills. See: A PBusardo Review - Smoktech Tanks.wmv - YouTube

J-Tanks:
    Inexpensive
    Polycarbonate (can crack with some juices)
    Tighter fitting O-Rings, not too tight, no spinning/sliding on the cartomizers

Phiniac Pyrex Tanks:
    Expensive
    Thick Pyrex (durable, will not crack with any juices, beautiful)
    Tighter fitting O-Rings, not too tight, no spinning/sliding on the cartomizers

Big Daddy Vapor - Who's Your Daddy Tanks:
    More Expensive
    Stainless Steel (polished or satin) + Mystery Plastic (durable, will not crack with any juices, very nice looking)
    Very tight fitting O-Rings, hard to insert/remove cartomizers (BDV - "Slap Yo' Momma" tool helps), no spinning/sliding on the cartomizers

I found this helpful too: TANKS EVERYWHERE! - YouTube

Last edited:

Cujo

Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Bowling Green, OH
    I bought a map tank with SS caps and was very happy with it. Of course this was before I learned that some juices can cloud and crack polycarbonate tanks, and I immediately filled it with black licorice from tasty vapor. Big daddy vapor has a list of juices that will do this, so you should check it out before ordering anything with polycarbonate. I just ordered a Who's Your Daddy Tank from big daddy vapor and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

rem700

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Mn
    I really like the fill screws on the M1A1 and Momandpops minisubs, I find I like the looks and changeing cartos on M1A1 better then the mini but they both perform great and the minisub is about half the price of the M1A1.
    Looks and carto changeing go to the M1A1 cost goes to the minisub. If you just want to spend as little as possible to try out a tank to see if you like it or not the mini cannot be beat IMHO.

Jimblob

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jimblob, I am new to vaping but it drives me crazy when people compare tanks to volts or vapor or thoat hit. A tank is a tank is a tank and nothing else. Your choinces on tanks are steel or rubber. I use Ce2s and dual coils on the same tank. When I first started vaping I would watch youtube tank reviews that talked about how great a tank was cause of flavor and vapor and thoat hit. Now I look at these so called experts and laugh.

Sorry, just noticed this now. Who's doing that? I think you misunderstood Mike N.

When I said dual coil tank, its because the tank is bigger and so can accommodate the larger dual coil cartos.

I agree that its not the tank that gives you the volts or the vapour etc, but should I need to agree? Its common sense.

Next time you are laughing at the "so called experts" on YouTube as you say, try thinking a little harder. Its probably you just not understanding something.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread