Is it just me or does it seem like there are more negative articles about vaping every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Probably cigarette companies refuse to go down, they earn quite a lot okay. Imagine if e cigs are promoted widely, big cigarette companies will suffer. I suppose you can assume something is going on behind?

Cigarette companies are definitely refusing to go down!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
all the lies are being told in a desperate attempt to hang onto drastically declining revenue ... and more importantly, lost taxes :glare:

the truth will eventually prevail ... vaping is already improving many people's lives and will absolutely save millions of lives moving forward :vapor:

a lot of folks are going to eat some serious crow over their anti-vape :glare:

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
It definitely sucks that theres so much e cig hating going on. But that's just how it is because you know BT and BP are trying to kill vaping. They don't want to see people getting off of cigarettes they just want all the cash that people spend smoking and then trying to quit. Unless people quit completely or switch to vaping (and not using a BT e-cig) BT and BP are making money. They're going around trying to scare everyone saying that e-cigs are the devil when really IMO, they're better than smoking or using the quitting aid products and drugs. Hopefully all the stuff with the FDA will work out in our favor though!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have to wonder just how far UNDERSTANDING goes on the BT vs Vaping crap that keeps going around?

My only concern is interference with OUR preferred alternative.

Did you know - 662,400 people in the United States depend on the Tobacco industry for Employment?
Did you know - 225,000 are in North Carolina alone?
Did you know - North Carolina Tobacco economical Impact is over $7 Billion?
Did you know - Tobacco impact on the GNP is over $64 Billion?
http://www.ncagr.gov/markets/commodit/horticul/tobacco/

What about the unpublished Numbers? The Spouses and Children supported by those employed? The business these people support through their incomes?

While I do not like interference in My life choices, I do understand Economic Impact. I do believe change is on the horizon and everyone needs to work together to find viable solutions.

A few other tid-Bits for the Blinders Crowd:
Wars are a necessity, As is Disease as a means of assisting in population control.
Longer life from Healthier living could actually throw the world into Poverty and starvation.

If we wish to continue to whine about the threat to our little Health niche, we need to also try and assist in finding ways to help keep our world and way of life in balance.

Life is not as simple as we would like it to be and We as individuals are NOT the center of all life.

I Have enjoyed over 2 years hanging out on ECF and learning/helping. Unfortunately I am seeing less and less compassion and understanding. This bothers me almost as much as having some FDA Schmuk try to tell me what is best for me.
To the Uneducated, we sound just as crazy as those we oppose.

Oops................... Stepping off soap box.

Oh, and I scored 4 more converts in the last month. :D
Sorry, Rant over

Last edited:

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have to wonder just how far UNDERSTANDING goes on the BT vs Vaping crap that keeps going around?

My only concern is interference with OUR preferred alternative.

Did you know - 662,400 people in the United States depend on the Tobacco industry for Employment?
Did you know - 225,000 are in North Carolina alone?
Did you know - North Carolina Tobacco economical Impact is over $7 Billion?
Did you know - Tobacco impact on the GNP is over $64 Billion?
NCDA&CS - Marketing Division

What about the unpublished Numbers? The Spouses and Children supported by those employed? The business these people support through their incomes?

While I do not like interference in My life choices, I do understand Economic Impact. I do believe change is on the horizon and everyone needs to work together to find viable solutions.

A few other tid-Bits for the Blinders Crowd:
Wars are a necessity, As is Disease as a means of assisting in population control.
Longer life from Healthier living could actually throw the world into Poverty and starvation.

If we wish to continue to whine about the threat to our little Health niche, we need to also try and assist in finding ways to help keep our world and way of life in balance.

Life is not as simple as we would like it to be and We as individuals are NOT the center of all life.

I Have enjoyed over 2 years hanging out on ECF and learning/helping. Unfortunately I am seeing less and less compassion and understanding. This bothers me almost as much as having some FDA Schmuk try to tell me what is best for me.
To the Uneducated, we sound just as crazy as those we oppose.

Oops................... Stepping off soap box.

Oh, and I scored 4 more converts in the last month. :D
Sorry, Rant over

Way to go converting 4 more!

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I'd get used to it. While e-cigs may have helped some of us quit smoking cigarettes, it's still a form of drug use. Even if it's beneficial, not harmful, or awesome in some way, people who are against public drug use will always find something to hate about e-cigs. And the fact that it's a mystery to so many people, what it is, what it does, how it makes people feel - people jump to conclusions - especially when they see underage kids blowing big clouds. It looks like they're doing drugs.

things are going to get a lot more negative, before they get better. And probably taxed to the hilt, regulated, and banned in public areas. But that's how we roll in the US.

It's only "drug use" if you use nicotine.

jdm1982

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Stephenville,Newfoundland,Canada
I was just reading an article by someone who was angry because someone's ecigarette had a scent to it. People sure are touchy these days. I don't know how they manage to live in society with all of their sensitivities.

i know. it has a tinder feminist' vibe to it. just making up stuff to get offended at at this point

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Among many things, vaping is also a unique opportunity for smokers to exact revenge on the anti-smoking extremists who have pushed us to the curb, demonized us and dehumanized our choices and made huge profits from their fascist propaganda. Our hostility towards antz is not only easily explained, but also honest and fully justified.

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
I am so glad I started vaping before I saw all this negative crap! It would have scared me off for sure... It's so important to get countering information out there before those asses kill any more people. Make sure you join CASAA, if nothing else... (although I'm probably preaching to the choir...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread