Is it just me or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
... or does anyone else feel that some flavours kill atty faster than the others?

I have been vaping Vanilla with the same atty for abt 3 weeks till the atty blew out, changed to a new atty till vanilla flavor finished in abt 3-4 days and switch to Cafe Mocha n the atty died after 2 days of vaping. Changed to another new atty and it lasted abt 3-4 days till it died.

With naked eye all i see is that vanilla liquid is not as thick compares to Cafe Mocha, is it true and does it affect atty life cos logically thicker liquid produces more leftover ashes, doesn't it?

Hope anyone can help me with this... thanks :)

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
... or does anyone else feel that some flavours kill atty faster than the others?

I have been vaping Vanilla with the same atty for abt 3 weeks till the atty blew out, changed to a new atty till vanilla flavor finished in abt 3-4 days and switch to Cafe Mocha n the atty died after 2 days of vaping. Changed to another new atty and it lasted abt 3-4 days till it died.

With naked eye all i see is that vanilla liquid is not as thick compares to Cafe Mocha, is it true and does it affect atty life cos logically thicker liquid produces more leftover ashes, doesn't it?

Hope anyone can help me with this... thanks :)

Are you sure they're dead? If you didn't put a meter on them, you might want to. I've noticed that thicker juices will gum up the atty and make it seem dead. I revived one with a 20 minute soak in ETOH/PGA, hot-water rinse, then let dry.

Jan

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Are you sure they're dead? If you didn't put a meter on them, you might want to. I've noticed that thicker juices will gum up the atty and make it seem dead. I revived one with a 20 minute soak in ETOH/PGA, hot-water rinse, then let dry.

Jan

They are pretty much dead i believe, tried to check on meter for each of them for resistance and connection. Resistance jumped from 2.3 ohm or so to abt 9-10 ohm in days and no connection happen on the atty posts.

I guess with mwahle1's reply i know i'm not the only one to see this happen.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
They are pretty much dead i believe, tried to check on meter for each of them for resistance and connection. Resistance jumped from 2.3 ohm or so to abt 9-10 ohm in days and no connection happen on the atty posts.

I guess with mwahle1's reply i know i'm not the only one to see this happen.

If your atty's are at 9 or 10 ohms they can be revived. Clean them really good or use the dry burn method.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
If your atty's are at 9 or 10 ohms they can be revived. Clean them really good or use the dry burn method.

Ah, sorry... didn't mean to say the supposedly dead ones are the ones with 9 ohms resistance, the dead ones shows nothing at all.

I'll give dry burn method a try though, thanks harpo :)

Btw, while waiting for more fail proof atties to come, which of these liquids would you guys recommend to keep my atties life slightly longer? (don't look at my liquid collection like i'm no fan of TV, i've just started :D)

1. Banana Foster
2. Butter Rum
3. Menthol
4. Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread