A few Vmod XL questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

arewethereyet

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Mars
I am very unhappy with the customer service from vapage.com. I'm hoping I can buy supplies for my Vmod elsewhere.

1. Are there any places I can buy the 9ml plastic bottles besides vapage? I hear they are proprietary.

2. I just started vaping and I've been using the vapage hybrid bottom feed 1.5ohm attys exclusively. I bought a 510 atty from Backwoods Brew but it's longer and has a tiny hole where my drip tip would normally go on the vapage atty. What kind of atty is that?

3. If I can use other attys (there are so many different ones), which ones exactly? Any vendor recommendations?

4. I reused an atty for a different flavor juice and could taste the previous juice for quite awhile. Is that typical? Can I clean the atty and will it harm the atty?

5. I bought the O-ring kit from Vapage just in case. Where does the smaller O-ring go?

6. Has anyone needed to change out the little gaskets that come with the plastic bottles?

7. One of the attys I recd from vapage died on me. I used it for only a few drags with their Cappucino e-liquid - which was awful IMHO, so I changed out attys and liquid. I later went back to that original atty to try it with another flavor and it was dead. Vapage has a 14 day exchange policy and I contacted them 10 days after receiving the product, but apparently missed their exchange window by 5 days since their clock starts from the order date, not the date I received the product. Is there any way to revive the atty? I get no vapor from it at all.....appears dead.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'll see if I can answer some of your questions.

1.I know of no bottle stocking place that sells bottles with that threading. Some have tried other bottles, but it is a bit tricky and certainly not recommended. Clouds of Vapor is one company that also sells the Vmod and some of the extras -- you could try there.

2. You need to remove the cover on that atty. It looks like you have one of those brown plastic covers -- that are usually on 306 atty's. This atty works find on the Vmod as the threading is the same as 510, but you will need a tall 306 (thin) drip.

3. Almost any 510 threaded atty or carto will work on the Vmod2 and VmodXL. JoyE has been a reliable and cheaper brand for a long time. Other popular companies are Ikenvape and Avid.

4. Yes to both questions. Vape the Rockies has a purge liquid that some use when needing to rinse out a flavor that is very annoying. A few minutes in a vodka (or eveclear) bath is often used for cleaning.

VmodBlueOringIMG_3052.jpg

This should help. It's always good to have back-ups of small gear like this. Good job on getting them.

6. Hmm. Maybe that's a new feature? Some have added an o ring below the threads---maybe that's it?

7. :confused::(

arewethereyet

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Mars
I'll see if I can answer some of your questions.

1.I know of no bottle stocking place that sells bottles with that threading. Some have tried other bottles, but it is a bit tricky and certainly not recommended. Clouds of Vapor is one company that also sells the Vmod and some of the extras -- you could try there.

2. You need to remove the cover on that atty. It looks like you have one of those brown plastic covers -- that are usually on 306 atty's. This atty works find on the Vmod as the threading is the same as 510, but you will need a tall 306 (thin) drip.

3. Almost any 510 threaded atty or carto will work on the Vmod2 and VmodXL. JoyE has been a reliable and cheaper brand for a long time. Other popular companies are Ikenvape and Avid.

4. Yes to both questions. Vape the Rockies has a purge liquid that some use when needing to rinse out a flavor that is very annoying. A few minutes in a vodka (or eveclear) bath is often used for cleaning.

VmodBlueOringIMG_3052.jpg

This should help. It's always good to have back-ups of small gear like this. Good job on getting them.

6. Hmm. Maybe that's a new feature? Some have added an o ring below the threads---maybe that's it?

7. :confused::(

Thanks for the help!

1. Ok Thanks! No bottles but they do have the attys.

2. Silly me! I didn't realize it had 2 parts. :facepalm: I guess the part with the small hole is a drip tip? And it's actually black in color with silver threads.

3. Any recommendations on where to buy the JoyE attys? All the different vendor choices is a bit overwhelming. And I noticed some are LR 501 attys. Do I want those?

4. I will try the vodka route. So it doesn't harm the atty huh?

5. I saw that O-ring but it appears bigger than the replacement in the kit. I could be wrong though. Probably am.

6. That gasket is in the Vmod itself. They included an extra in the empty 2-pack bottle set I ordered. It goes in between the bottle and the chassis where it screws in. I guess I will replace it if I ever develop a leak there.

7. Basically asking if there's any way to revive an apparently dead atty?

Edit: Tested that atty with my VM and it is indeed dead.

Thanks again for all your help!!! :toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread