Is it unhealthy to smoke burnt/burning coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes it puts undesirable byproducts into your juice and vape, if the juice and coil are burnt, you don't want to vape them. I'm not sure I even COULD vape a burnt coil until I were able to get a replacement, even if I wanted to. You COULD however, take the coil out, discard the juice and boil your coil to clean it for about 20 minutes to see if that helps revive it. You can dry it with a blowdryer on the low setting once you've cleaned your coil, and you may get a few more days out of it.

Don't keep vaping it, though I understand the desire to keep vaping, try to resurrect it a bit because vaping those byproducts is unhealthy. Clean your tank thoroughly (do this after any burnt coil) and discard your juice. Prime like you usually would.

Best of luck,

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's a good point, I was assuming it was a standard cotton/wire prefab coil, but who knows what is in a Shisha pen. Do you have any information on what it is or maybe even a link to something that will show us its specifications? I mean, there are some coils you can do that to, others you cannot.

Anna

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
looks like it takes the old school clearomizer coils. Try boiling and then gently brushing off any remaining gunk and that should get you another day, but you really need to look at some other devices, there are a lot of great ones out there that are mouth to lung like your vape pen but will give you a better vape experience

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I don't recommend it. It's also pretty masochistic.
From what I could look up, I suspect they may be similar to this, and I used to boil them and soak them in vodka to get another couple of days. Didn't always work though, or taste good.
th

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I really do not find the burning taste that bad. In fact if it was a flavour I would be able to smoke it, it’s just the hard hit it gives me on the back of my throat that I find unbearable.
Not so much the flavor, even though that is bad enough, but it isn't healthy. Just a note, if you soak the coils in Vodka 100 proof or alcohol, give them a good rinse and let dry before using

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I am guessing that since I have no idea what taste you guys are talking about I have not experienced a burnt coil yet?
Yeah, you will have no doubt you've taken a burnt hit.
No doubt at all.

Nathan Ahmad

Oct 12, 2017
It's the WORST one of my mods misfired yesterday (not quite sure what happened) and I got another one. I hate them, and I hate ruining a coil for no reason, but I can't understand anyone being okay with the "flavor." It's not even cigarette like it's way way worse....

Anna
Eh it could be a worst taste ‍♂️♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread