Is my vape defective? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Krajci

Dec 9, 2018
I got a smok stick prince since I started vaping around august and ive been happy with it. obviously as a newcomer ive burnt my first few coils and experienced all that but im starting to think my vape is either just bad or a dud.

my brother came over a few days ago with his resa stick and wow the flavor on that just packed a punch. on my vape the flavor is always just a hint, but with his its like eating candy.

ive always thought vaping is supposed to be just with the hint of flavor, and now im very sad with my device and wondering if its just been broken on arrival, because ive never experienced a mouthful of flavor. even when i just cleaned my tank and then primed my brand new coil to let it soak with flavor and still almost nothing.

is there any fix with the stick prince or is it just bad and should i get the resa?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll be honest I've lost track of all the Smok stuff on the market. The determinants of flavor with any hardware is the tank and most important the coil. Great coil on a solid tank and you can get great flavor. Maybe ask which specific coils you brother is using (Smok makes so many) and see if it is compatible with your tank. If it is change over. If not consider getting his tank.

Victor Krajci

Dec 9, 2018
I'll be honest I've lost track of all the Smok stuff on the market. The determinants of flavor with any hardware is the tank and most important the coil. Great coil on a solid tank and you can get great flavor. Maybe ask which specific coils you brother is using (Smok makes so many) and see if it is compatible with your tank. If it is change over. If not consider getting his tank.
so i could just get the resa stick tank on my stick prince mod and it would work fine and produce his flavor? because currently were using the same coil (mesh 0.15 ohm) just different for our different tanks (his v8baby vs my tfv12 prince). ive also considered the coincidence from my e-liquid just not being great on flavor but ive used 5 and for all of them to have the same "hint of flavor" would be a huge coincidence. thank you!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not a user of that one, either, but it seems to be a glorified mechanical, i.e. not regulated. So the voltage to the tank will be whatever the battery state is at that time. It does claim various "protection" modes, but in general, the lower the voltage left on the battery, the weaker the hit will be. So, first thing, make sure it's fully charged.

Once that's verified, yes, do try your brother's tank on your mod. If it vapes like it does on his mod, your problem isn't in the mod but in the tank. Might just be a bad (i.e. out of spec) coil. It happens.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Also, the flavor/power on an unregulated device is going to be dependent on the coils. Smok makes the M4 0.17Ω coils for the Prince for this mod. If you're using something else like the T10, it'll take longer to ramp up and feel weaker. Get the proper coil on a fully charged device, and it'll be better.

Victor Krajci

Dec 9, 2018
Also, the flavor/power on an unregulated device is going to be dependent on the coils. Smok makes the M4 0.17Ω coils for the Prince for this mod. If you're using something else like the T10, it'll take longer to ramp up and feel weaker. Get the proper coil on a fully charged device, and it'll be better.
youre saying the m4 would be better for my prince then?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the above. Not a fan of SMOK. Also not a fan of "fixed" output battery devices like your Prince mod.

Vaping on a fixed output battery device is like cooking on a campfire. Vaping with a variable wattage battery device is like cooking on a gas stove. The fixed output device is so limited. With variable power a change in a few watts higher or lower can make a huge difference in flavor and vapor production.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
is there any fix with the stick prince or is it just bad and should i get the resa?
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you like the resa tank, go for it. I'm with Bad above when vaping a fixed mod output device. Might want to ask what is a good variable wattage protected mod to use with a resa tank for a given coil. You may receive more knowledgeable replies if posted in the:
VV/VW APV Discussion
forum.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I agree with the above. Not a fan of SMOK. Also not a fan of "fixed" output battery devices like your Prince mod.

Vaping on a fixed output battery device is like cooking on a campfire. Vaping with a variable wattage battery device is like cooking on a gas stove. The fixed output device is so limited. With variable power a change in a few watts higher or lower can make a huge difference in flavor and vapor production.

That campfire analogy is about the best I've read. If you know just how to prep the fire and choose the right cooking utensils it can be fine, and following basic but common sense safety steps will prevent the fire from spreading and inadvertently start a brush fire.

A gas stove offers lots of conveniences and flexibility, but I always dread DST because I can never remember how to set that damn clock.

Reactions: Baditude

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I'm partial to concrete block walls myself. More gratifying.
I've always found sledgehammers to be extremely satisfying ... in high school we had to build all our computers for the school because they were cheap (insert profanity) and our PC Repair/Networking teacher let us destroy the old cpus out back....even let us throw a few off of the roof...that was very satisfying....

back to topic on hand...I'm not really familiar with the products but if you are wanting flavor, then I highly suggest going for a mesh tank, honestly if you want flavor then try a mesh rda (the wotofo profile is my current favorite)
and side note, if using a mech mod, PLEASE...PLEASE... study ohm's laws and battery safety, we really don't want an accidental venting of a battery and burning your hands or face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread