Serious Vaping Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostilepeach42

Jul 17, 2021
Hello
I was wondering if you could help me. I'm having some serious vaping issues.

So I'm fairly new to vaping. I bought a tarot nano mod. It worked wonderful at first and the zamplebox flavors tasted amazing! Then one day, my mod made a hissing sound as if I was continusley pushing on the trigger and not sucking. After that, I was never able to taste my flavors again and every hit tasted metallic. Also the vapor choked me out. I tried changing the coil numerous times, changed juices, and cleaned the whole vape and nothing changed. Mind you I prime my coils and I vape at the appropriate wattage for my coils.

Frustrated, I figured I had bought a dud. I threw away the nano and went and purchased a Drag 2 Voopoo. Again, the flavors were amazing at first! But again, after a few weeks, the vape made a weird hissing noise and I could no longer taste my flavors but a metallic taste. Changing the coils do not improve my situation. Note, the flavor is not burnt but tasteless and metallic.

Ive had people test my vape and they all agree it tastes weird so I don't think it's vapers tongue. Also I can taste my flavors in my friends mod.

What is happening?! I do tend to chain vape but I always wait 30 seconds between puffs. Ive also dropped both mods before.

Helpppp

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Are you using the right type coils with the right type of output for your devices?
The Tarot Nano and the Drag 2 both do a large bit of Temperture control and you need the right coils.

What tank are you using, coil type and at what wattages? "appropriate wattage" doesn't really mean or say much.
Which power mode are you using?

I don't use TC, but it does sound to me as if you're on the wrong setting on your device.

Hostilepeach42

Jul 17, 2021
Hello. Uploaded pic of my tank/mod specs. Besides the two coils that came with the kit, I used a Voopoo PnP M2 0.6 Ohm coil. I vape in between the recommended wattage on the coil. I don't know what power mode I'm using, I've never changed it or was aware that I could.

Thank gou

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-070611.png
    Screenshot_20210717-070611.png
    724.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello. Uploaded pic of my tank/mod specs. Besides the two coils that came with the kit, I used a Voopoo PnP M2 0.6 Ohm coil. I vape in between the recommended wattage on the coil. I don't know what power mode I'm using, I've never changed it or was aware that I could.

Thank gou
Hi and Welcome to the ECF,

That is a stock photo..
Please upload a photo of the active display of YOUR device.

Did you take the device back the the shop where you bought it for customer support?

What is the nicotine level of the juice you are using?
How long is your average draw/puff in seconds?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Hostilepeach42

Jul 17, 2021
Yes it's a stock photo. I was answering what kind of tank I have. Uploading my current screen.

This is what I've been using with the 0.6 Ohm coil the shop gave me. However when the problems started I was using the 0.2ohm PnP-VM5 Coil - rated for 40-60W that came with the kit. I kept it on about 50.

Attachments

• IMG_20210717_072151.jpg
    IMG_20210717_072151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Wattage ranges on coil heads are a rough suggestion. Sometimes the juices you vape will not work well within that range so you have to dial down the wattage.

As far as the hissing sound when not pushing the button, sounds like your mods are auto-firing (not good at all, can be dangerous). However, if this hissing happens right after you let go of the fire button, then you are hearing the slow cool down. If the coil is made if thicker wire (or I guess even mesh) then the coil will take some time to cool down and you will hear the hissing sound as it cools down. This slow cool-down time cooks your coil/wick and can lead to quicker degradation which can lead to burnt or even metallic taste eventually. If you use thick and sweet juices, this will gunk up your coils rather fast and will produce undesirable flavor eventually, causing you to have to change your coil frequently. The cool down hissing may also be longer as the coil gets gunkier.

Turn the wattage down.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reading your post again...

the vapor choked me out.

That's because it wasn't vapor, it was smoke. You were likely burning the cotton and smoking cotton smoke.

But I have to admit, if this is happening even on brand new coils, then it surely is strange. Make sure you are saturating your coils before you use start using them. Drip juice onto the wick as much as you can. Then install the coil. Then, without hitting the fire button, take a few drags on the pod/tank in order to introduce pressure and allow the juice to feed into the coil. If you fire a coil that has a wick that is not saturated enough with juice, you will get dry/burnt hits. This will either ruin the coil head immediately or decrease it's longevity.

If you have this same problem with 2 devices using 2 different coil heads, I suspect you are doing something wrong and possibly maybe even your juice may be the culprit. I still say turn down the wattage as well as making sure your coil is primed/saturated before putting it to use.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    The mystery here is that u say it happens with 2 different vape devices so that rules out a lot of reasons that may cause the problem u have but also leaves few reasons to think about....

There must be something that can happen in both different devices like for example adjusting the wattage wrong or using wrong mode......or there is something going on with the juice that we know it's the same thing u vape at both of the devices like maybe juices are very high VG and can't be absorbed by the cotton on the coils u use......or maybe u vape something else sometimes maybe like cbd juices or thc juices????
    or maybe could be the place where u store your vape device while u are on the go maybe like u got a bag that particles go inside the driptip?

Or maybe where u work maybe u place the vape device somewhere and particles also go inside the driptip???

Just saying few things to have in mind that may cause your vapor to taste bad....

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yes it's a stock photo. I was answering what kind of tank I have. Uploading my current screen.

This is what I've been using with the 0.6 Ohm coil the shop gave me. However when the problems started I was using the 0.2ohm PnP-VM5 Coil - rated for 40-60W that came with the kit. I kept it on about 50.

I'm using a .8ohm currently at 13.5 watts, a .6 ohm isn't likely to be able to be used much over 17... in another mod I'm using a .3ohm build at 24.5 watts...

I agree with others, turn your watts down, start them low after you've primed them, around 10 watts, and take them slowly up in watts until they are delivering well on flavor, then stop increasing the wattage and just vape.

You'll find the manufacturers recommendations for wattage is way way over rated.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Learn how to use your mod (I included a video that might help) When (exactly) do you hear the hissing sound? Do you carry it around in a pocket? Best to constantly look at the screen an be sure it's still set to the correct watts. Even better, lock it so it can't change. Might have to turn it off when carrying around in a pocket (or purse, ect) I have a similar mod (but has a "touch screen") Accidently, it got turned all the way to max (220 watts) Actually melted the metal coil (that did not taste good)

Reactions: DeloresRose

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I agree, you really need to search your mod on YouTube and learn to properly use the menu. It may be worthwhile for you to get a simple mod or pod mod that only does VW for now to make your life easier.

If you hear a little hissing right after you let off the fire button, that’s okay. If it fires for several seconds, or fires spontaneously when you’re not pushing the button, that’s abnormal and either the mod is faulty or damaged from falling. Shut it off and get a refund if you can, or throw it away.

The wattage suggested for coils is only a suggestion, and not too many people have luck using them at the highest wattage - I never even go as high as the lowest.

I break in coils by juicing the cotton, filling the tank and letting it sit 10-15 minutes, then drop the watts way down and slowly increasing doing short puffs, just to get juice all the way into the cotton.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    One problem with voopoo devices is that if you don't change the setting the mod sets your wattage to what they assume is best when you remove the batteries, tank, or shut it off. I would also suggest that you watch a video or two like the others have mentioned.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I have a drag 2 and love it. But I also have a fireluke 2 on top. Probably not what you are using but it might be worth looking into. With the dual mesh coils I get close to a couple weeks out of the coils before they go bad. Honestly, it sounds like you might have let the tank run empty and toasted the cotton. Unless you clean that tank out really good, even a new coil will taste weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread