Is my vape set up safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have a sigelei 150W box powered by Demonfire batteries (3.7v), my RDA build is on a doge with 22 ga., 5 wraps, .1ohm(s), on 70 watts. My main concern about this is; is it safe? I must admit, SWIM has been under the influence and driven multiple times, but failing to acknowledge vape safety can end your life just as quickly. So I want to make sure I don't make that mistake. Thanks for helping

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
With a regulated device, there are safety features that compensate for people unwilling to educate themselves about the dangers of stored energy in li-ion batteries. With that said, I've never heard of those batteries. Not saying I don't trust them, or they're not re-wrapped quality batts, but the consensus of the vaping population is that if a battery has the word "fire" in the brand, you should stay away.

Worst case scenario: Your batteries are not rated for the amp draw of your device, and they go into thermal runaway and catch fire while releasing toxic gasses and possibly causing burns to adjacent surfaces (hands/face/furniture/house/cat/dog/mother-in-law/etc)

Invest in quality batteries. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with the specs of your build. Super sub ohm builds require a lot of amperage to fire the wattage. Batteries are rated by amperage in the amount of energy they can produce safely. If you exceed the amperage rating, the battery can deteriorate in a violent manner. Be safe and use quality batts. Batteries are stored energy, just like a can of gasoline. If introduced to volatile conditions, either can explode. Ignorance is no excuse for the law of potentially explosive conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: mamabear15
With a regulated device, there are safety features that compensate for people unwilling to educate themselves about the dangers of stored energy in li-ion batteries. With that said, I've never heard of those batteries. Not saying I don't trust them, or they're not re-wrapped quality batts, but the consensus of the vaping population is that if a battery has the word "fire" in the brand, you should stay away.

Worst case scenario: Your batteries are not rated for the amp draw of your device, and they go into thermal runaway and catch fire while releasing toxic gasses and possibly causing burns to adjacent surfaces (hands/face/furniture/house/cat/dog/mother-in-law/etc)

Invest in quality batteries. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with the specs of your build. Super sub ohm builds require a lot of amperage to fire the wattage. Batteries are rated by amperage in the amount of energy they can produce safely. If you exceed the amperage rating, the battery can deteriorate in a violent manner. Be safe and use quality batts. Batteries are stored energy, just like a can of gasoline. If introduced to volatile conditions, either can explode. Ignorance is no excuse for the law of potentially explosive conditions.

They've actually been surprisingly good batteries. But, I just bought a 4-pack of LG's so when these don't hold a decent charge I have back ups. Thanks, man!

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I'd definitely use the LGs, that was a good move to get those. Better safe than sorry. Reason I say that is cuz really the only people who actually make the 18650s are Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG...the big names, so to speak. Anything else is a rewrap. So, what's under it? No way to know...could be a VTC4, could be a 5A disaster. But at the prices they sell for, most likely is not the higher-end ones, unless used or from the factory "defect" bin.

Edit: @Mooch has a lot of battery tests posted here on ECF as well, if you're interested...

Reactions: sonicbomb

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I did a quick search and found no reliable data on these cells, so the amp CDR could be anything. You are playing russian roulette with your face. Good quality batteries with known amp limits are cheap and easily available.
As advised check Mooch's blog and choose one appropriate for your set up.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
They've actually been surprisingly good batteries. But, I just bought a 4-pack of LG's so when these don't hold a decent charge I have back ups. Thanks, man!

Switch to the lgs now. The demons might seem fine but is it really worth any risk for 14 bucks or however much they were?

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Hello! I have a Sigelei 150W box powered by Demonfire batteries (3.7v), my RDA build is on a Doge with 22 ga., 5 wraps, .1ohm(s), on 70 watts. My main concern about this is; is it safe? I must admit, SWIM has been under the influence and driven multiple times, but failing to acknowledge vape safety can end your life just as quickly. So I want to make sure I don't make that mistake. Thanks for helping

SWIM? I dont get it lol

Reactions: mamabear15

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I probably oughta say that you can get authentic, new 25rs at $5/ea or vtc4s for $6/ea over at illumn.com ... Just in case anyone doesn't know, never buy stuff from local stores, I'm normally all for supporting local businesses even at a bit of a markup but man, those guys all are just WAY too overpriced lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread