Is Noalox a requirement on Don/V2 switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprakkattak

Mar 6, 2010
UK
I have puresmoker icon and the performance degrades in about a couple of weeks or so. Noalox is a must for this mod. I love the Mako V1 as it needs little maintenance. I think I only cleaned it twice (threads, contact point) when I got it on April or May. The switch gets sticky though but can be fixed with wd40.

I read in other forums that noalox is a must for mechanical mods. Is this true? I only use noalox on my icon but not on my mako. IME, my mako (maksi) beats the icon when it comes to vapour production. But when im out and about, i use the icon though as its smaller and i love the icon's switch.

Lilac

Apr 2, 2010
Scotland
Hi sprakkattak....I've never used Noalox on either my Mako (Midi) or my GGTB,......i've only cleaned the Mako once since i got it in July, and only then cos i felt i should, not because of any performance drop off...

the GGTB i have to clean every week or 2 as i do notice a drop off....Imeo recommends a little vaseline on the threads, thats all.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
While I've never used Noalox on either my Mako or Don, it certainly can't be a bad thing.... in fact I'm sure it would help a great deal in keeping the threads running nice and smooth.

Also, if it really does improve the electrical contact that's an added bonus making it well worth adding to your shopping list I would have thought. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread