Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
If States tax e-liquids all they accomplish is to put their local suppliers and retail shops out of business. They lose the jobs that might have been created. Consumers can avoid a State excise tax by buying on line, or buying zero nic liquid and add the nicotine at home, or they go to DIY, which is eaier than cooking a typical dinner (at least for a lazy bachelor like me).

vaping is likely to be a trillion dollar industry world wide. It would be foolish for a State to drive away the industry and the jobs without a very good reason. So far there is no good health related reason.

With kids, absent a proven health issue, I think whether they are allowed to vape should be up to their parents. I wish vaping had existed when I was a kid smoking my first few cigs. May be we would have opted for 0 nic to blow some clouds for fun and then lost interest. What about a kid who smokes and might trade the cigarettes for vaping? It's not obvious to me that outlawing kids' vaping is a good idea.

That works out just fine. Cigarette sales stay in place and the current tax structure remains unmolested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread