Is the Provari Mini offered in a starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicenurse

Dec 29, 2011
Jonesborough, TN
I'm not new to vaping and am going to purchase a Provari Mini but am wondering if it is offered in a starter kit like the Provari or I have to purchase everything seperately (i.e. charger, extra battery,etc) I looked on ProVape sight and do not see a starter kit for the Mini but I wanted to confirm before I purchase all individually.

Correct Title: Is the Provari Mini offered in a starter kit?

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Silver
Black
Blue
Purple
White
Pink

The order section allows you to add whatever you want. If you're getting a "kit", then you probably want a "multicharger", some batteries (18490s/18500s require the extension cap…18350s don't require the extension cap), probably an atomizer or pack of cartomizers (or both). Getting the extended warranty or another button/LCD color are totally up to you.

Compared to Provape's price, the "kit" that steeved linked is about $55 more expensive than buying the same stuff from provape, except that buying it from provape comes with 5 single coil cartomizers instead of 3 dual coil cartomizers and it doesn't have the ego case ($13 for something similar from provape), the carto tank ($13 from provape with a metal drip tip and another cartomizer…$5 from somewhere like myvaporstore.com), or the drip tip ($3 pretty much anywhere).

No offense meant to steeved, but it seems like dragonfly is just buying a provari from provape at their market price, marking it up, and selling it in a "kit"……and charging about $20 for the convenience.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Silver
Black
Blue
Purple
White
Pink

The order section allows you to add whatever you want. If you're getting a "kit", then you probably want a "multicharger", some batteries (18490s/18500s require the extension cap…18350s don't require the extension cap), probably an atomizer or pack of cartomizers (or both). Getting the extended warranty or another button/LCD color are totally up to you.

Compared to Provape's price, the "kit" that steeved linked is about $55 more expensive than buying the same stuff from provape, except that buying it from provape comes with 5 single coil cartomizers instead of 3 dual coil cartomizers and it doesn't have the ego case ($13 for something similar from provape), the carto tank ($13 from provape with a metal drip tip and another cartomizer…$5 from somewhere like myvaporstore.com), or the drip tip ($3 pretty much anywhere).

No offense meant to steeved, but it seems like dragonfly is just buying a provari from provape at their market price, marking it up, and selling it in a "kit"……and charging about $20 for the convenience.
Thanks for catching that. I don't add up to good in my head. I have to us a spread sheet or calculator. Good I figured Provape would do it just was not sure. They beat my local vape shop on a Provari starter kit by $80 and with the cartos etc. I did find that cartos in that starter kit I got had some problems. I left a message knowing them I bet they will solve that. I have no found a better price on the units.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You will notice on the Provape site that they state a "list price", and also the price that they are selling them for. Other vendors that carry the Provari are required to sell them at the list price by their marketing agreement with provape. Not a good deal if you are ordering on line, but it can be worth your while to support a local vendor.

cerver7

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    Bummer it's still out of my little budget.

It may be, but as i tell everyone spend the $$ now and you save the $$ later. One day you may pull a cerver7 and wake up vaping a vmax or ego twist or SB with kick and want just a bit more quality or heavyness or power or something. then you start doing searches and watching videos. then you are selling others to try to cover the cost of the new one you found but you always seem to come out of pocket abit more.

My bottom line is i wanted the provari for a long time, but settled for others due to the cost ( which is still not as high as some other mods...cough cough darwin) Then i finally got one and i do now understand that i should have bought it from day one and saved the $$. Either get what you want when you want it, or sell somthing to offset the $$ loss or wait until you have the funds.

just my .02$ GL and Cheers :)

mostapha

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I completely agree. Just started vaping and my first PV is the provari mini. Extremely pleased. :2cool:

Nice way to get into vaping :)

Yes, it is. There's a part of me that wishes I did that. I probably never would have levied the "complaints" I did about the Provari if I just thought of it as the norm.

And your comment, cerver7, about it being worth the money up front is very legit. It seems to be at the right price point for how people talk about it.

There are only two things stopping me at this point: waiting for my magic vaping vs. smoking spreadsheet to read the $258 and change that it would coast as I'd order it so I'll stay in the black, and the "if only" comments that keep popping into my head.

If only the Kick went to 14W.
    If only the Buzz Pro's connection sat more flush with the top.
    etc..

Also, I didn't know other people were allowed to retail them. I'm all for supporting local vendors. Or, I was until I was forced to pay $20 for either 5 or 10ml of really crappy chinese juice because I ran out on a Saturday and my shipment didn't come in until Monday. That and seeing Ego-T starter kits going for upwards of $200 at head shops. Basically, if there was a half-decent vendor anywhere near me, I'd seriously consider paying more……it's jut not worth the drive for the shops I see available anywhere near me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread