Is the SONY VTC5 18650 batteries good for the SMOK Alien 220w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
i normally vape 22.5 to 25w and rarely 35w... got the alien and I'm using the coils that came with it... 45-75w with them... I haven't gotten the baby rba(came with the big baby beast tank, not the baby beast with the alien kit) working where it's not leaking like a sieve yet or I would probably vape at my usual. I like dual battery mods for the longer life.

Reactions: Acer50

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm still amazed that vapers want to vape at such high levels. Of course, everyone to their own preferences.

(DaveP, vaping happily at 10W on a Kayfun Lite Plus V2 and recreating the experience of a Marlboro Red.)
Normally I'm between 30-50w (estimate as I do tc pretty much exclusively). I was under 10w in my clearomizer days and up to 15w when I used a kayfun. Couldn't go back to that. The required wattage is very much dependent on the atomizer. You couldn't really do 10w with an Aromamizer Supreme or Limitless.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
I find most of my single coils builds need between 20-30 and my dual coils around 60-75 so yes my mod may support 250 watts but I've had nowhere near the need for that and with the superior battery life on the 30Q's and what I have found to be superior battery life cycles Samsung has me in their pocket for awhile

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Normally I'm between 30-50w (estimate as I do tc pretty much exclusively). I was under 10w in my clearomizer days and up to 15w when I used a kayfun. Couldn't go back to that. The required wattage is very much dependent on the atomizer. You couldn't really do 10w with an Aromamizer Supreme or Limitless.

I'm still at 10W on a Kayfun, Squape Reloaded, or similar tight draw tanks, but anything more airy and it just doesn't work for Tootle Puffing.

I'm just stuck on a draw that's similar to a filter cig for MTL. That, and I don't particularly care for direct lung inhale much of the time. Just me.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm still at 10W on a Kayfun, Squape Reloaded, or similar tight draw tanks, but anything more airy and it just doesn't work for Tootle Puffing.

I'm just stuck on a draw that's similar to a filter cig for MTL. That, and I don't particularly care for direct lung inhale much of the time. Just me.
I don't lung inhale either but tight draw kayfun-like tanks simply don't work for me anymore.

Reactions: DaveP

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
I don't lung inhale either but tight draw kayfun-like tanks simply don't work for me anymore.

I agree with you there I can't have an overly tight draw

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KenD

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
My favorite Mod is the Ijoy RTDA Box Mod with a whole selection of rebuild-able decks. This is closely followed by the Wismec Pressa 100W TC on this I run the Ijoy limitless RDTA. Both use duel coils of all descriptions. I find that my sweet spot on duel coil builds is around 55-75W max and I have no need to go over this wattage. Just because I own mods that are capable of high wattages does not necessarily mean one has to vape that high.

In another example for instance; a person owning a high performance car does not mean he or she has to drive at break neck speeds now does it?

Once and once only just to test the mods I took them up to 150W and found the result not suited to my taste. When in public I use a stealth vape so as not to offend non smokers/vapers with cloud banks and still get my nic hit as that is all I need. When home in my study I indulge in the occasional cloud or two but at the wattages mentioned above the cloud and taste is more than satisfactory for my taste and need. I cannot understand the need for high wattage mods and perhaps some one could enlighten me why such devices are needed and manufactured.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Me not.
biggrin.gif

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I find that my sweet spot on duel coil builds is around 55-75W max and I have no need to go over this wattage. Just because I own mods that are capable of high wattages does not necessarily mean one has to vape that high.

I find that my juice consumption soars exponentially when I up the wattage too far. At 10W I get almost a month out of 250ml of juice. That's walking around with my mod in hand or in pocket all day chain vaping.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I find that my juice consumption soars exponentially when I up the wattage too far. At 10W I get almost a month out of 250ml of juice. That's walking around with my mod in hand or in pocket all day chain vaping.

My point exactly @DaveP, I rarely now use single coil builds, mostly duel coils and I even tried quad coil builds and went through juice like it was water. Indeed multi coil builds do need a bit more power but not to the point of insanity. My current build as I write is a twin Clapton Alien coil using ... cotton with a 5 ml tank, running at 65W 0.25 ohm. I am a chain vaper and a tank full lasts about 1 hour. The bigger the build and the fancier the coil like Honeycomb or Tiger coils the more power and juice you will go through.

Now in comparison, when I go out and not to upset others I use my stealth vape the eleif iCare Mini, this thing only holds about 2 mls of juice and I think it has a factory coil of 1.5 ohm single coil I think, and 2mls of juice lasts me as long as my 5ml tank does chain vaping. Yes, I still get my nic hit and the cloud is acceptable for my needs.

drshell

May 3, 2017
I think you guys are making a little mistake in your calculations

There are 2 limits:
- device limit (goes to atomizer)
- battery limit (after regulated device electronics)

Use Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators for this

Example:
REGULATED ONLY EXAMPLE
0.2 ohm
lg hg2 20a battery x2 (alien)

voltage at low charge 3.0 x2 = 6.0
at 100 watts:
22.36 A at the atomizer well within limit of alien (40A i believe it is)
BUT only 16.67 A at the battery drain because the mod can convert down 6.0v from the battery to 4.47 volts that the 0.2 ohm build needs...

SO ....
20A batterys with 3000mah is a long and powerful vape (x2 batteries)
IF the device is REGULATED
IF your build is 0.2 or higher and your battery is low
IF you are running 2 batteries in series mod

good night :)

MECH MOD USERS -> you are crazy people

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn

Wow.... I vape about 280ml a month vaping thru multiple sub ohm tanks at 80+ watts... you must be vaping every 8 seconds? :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Wow.... I vape about 280ml a month vaping thru multiple sub ohm tanks at 80+ watts... you must be vaping every 8 seconds? :)

Before DIY I was ordering 200ml a month and vaping about 3/4 of that before placing another monthly order. Now, I make about 300ml once every month to 6 weeks. I don't actually vape all that. Right now, I have an accumulation of 30 to 40 50ml bottles of various juice from several months of DIY mixing. Most are tobacco flavors and need to steep for several weeks before touching them.

I do vape two 4.5ml Kayfun tanks a day, though. It's surprising how much vapor a 10W tank can create. I was a 2 PAD smoker, so It's not unusual for a vaper to mimic previous smoking habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread