Is the tide turning toward vaping in medical community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Yesterday in another forum, a member shared an article from 2014 about possible benefits of nicotine
and lowered Alzheimer's, Parkinsons risks. Immediately I headed off to "pubMed" nicotine Benefits - PubMed - NCBI to seek bona fide peer reviewed medical study behind the article.

I was blown away viewing an apparent turn of the tide toward new control studies in support of vaping.
A general search, Nicotine Benefits; or Benefits of Nicotine, returns 20 most recent results (Spring/Summer 2017) covering subjects from Germany to Samoa, mostly US based.
A mere two years ago, results were still quite sparse, mixed.
Great news to see in 2017, theres' apparent increases, substantial interest and exploration among the medical research communities to impartially find benefits of vaping.
Better late, than never. (imho, one would hope to see a number of years of research pro or con prior to FDA regulatory changes).

Its always a good idea to vet supposition. I understand the limitations of one national data base within the any particular government. PubMed doesnt propose to represent global trends.
Good news, hoping similar databases of medical information in other languages, other nations are as optimistic, supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread