Is there a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotsteam?

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Alta Loma, SoCAL
admit-one.net
I'm new to DIY. I am using 50mg/ml nic liquid (PG) and Rite Aid VG. It seems as though anything I mix has a raspy undesirable after taste. The only things I have mixed so far that were very enjoyable were RY4 and a caramel flavor. Everything else just kinda sucks. That is not to say that the flavor mixes taste awful, it's just the raspy aftertaste that sucks. IF there were no raspyness, my experiments would almost all taste great. I use capellas flavors and Vapor Renu flavors and have used Extreme vaping flavors (RY4 and caramel...hmmm).

I mix generally at 40% nic liquid, 40% VG, and 20%+ flavor(s), roughly 18mg/ml.

I guess my question is, is there a difference in the nic juice from vendor to vendor and is there a difference between vegetable glycerins because I doubt the flavors are bad...

I also usually add ethyl maltol to my experiments because I prefer sweeter vapes.

Also, what exactly does Magic Vape do? Is this what I need?

tanks in advance.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
gotsteam - is the vg listed as USP? If not that could be the issue. Try some from one of the DIY Suppliers it is cheap and I have always had great results. Also 20%+ on flavor is sort of high. Mix small batches (3ml) and start out at around 10% then add if you need more. I have found a little sweetner goes a long way try about 1%. Are you using a calculator? I like Breaktrus but there are others out there that are good to.

eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator

Not sure where you got your nic but if it was from one of the Suppiers on the ECF list it is most likley good. It should be clear to slightly amber color and not really have any smell to it (except a faint peppery odor if you can percieve it at all). I have not tried the magic Vape but have the FA MTS vape Wizard, The Wizard is supposed to smooth out flavor but I really do not care for it.

gotsteam?

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Alta Loma, SoCAL
admit-one.net
Hi Ski, This glycerin states that it is UPS, 99.5 anhydrous and is crystal clear with the absolute faintest smell of mint perhaps, maybe. The PG nic liquid has absolutely no smell that I can detect and is also crystal clear. No I haven't used a calculator, these calculations are quite simple up to this point with a syringe. All my batches have been 3ml. I can try less flavoring and more VG. Are you suggesting the flavors are possibly causing the raspyness? So far I'd guess that I am using far less than 1% of EM, maybe I should use more..Thanks.

Smoothing out the flavor sounds like what I need. What is the problem you have with this product.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I mix light (about 10%) and the Wizard (at 1%) just had a taste I did not care for. Others like it though. Go easy on the EM it is really stong and I have not seen too many people using it much above 1%. You may want to try some Flavor Apprentice sweetner which is Sucralose. I keep both in my kit and find I like the EM in tobacco based sauces and the Sucarlose in bakery, coffe and fruit type juices. If your flavors are Flavor Art then 20% could be causing the issue. Many of their flavors are strong and I mix below 10% when using them. Flavor West is pretty potent falvoring too. You will get the hang of it and soon I expect you will be posting a masterpiece recipe for all of us to try.

gotsteam?

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Alta Loma, SoCAL
admit-one.net
Thanks, I will take your advice, thank you. I hope to create something someday that all can mix and enjoy with me.

About sucarlous, I thought I had read somewhere that heating it was a no-no and that it really wasn't a good sweetener even in our coffee. Something about it's closeness to DDT or something like that. I think it was in Wikipedia. Anyway I'll more than likely stick with EM.

I haven't received my Flavorart flavors yet but hopefully this comming week. I'll go easy with them.

Mad scientist at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread