Is there a telescopic mod for the KR808D-1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
THanks yzer for reply.
With the lack of responses, seems like maybe there isn't one that can accept the 808 cartomizers.
But maybe, i shudda posted when more ppl are awake.
maybe i should post this in the Mod forum?

I've never used a 510/808 adapter but they are common items with internet vendors. I recommend the Sigelei Zmax V3 or V5 Telescopic APVs. These are VV/VW and are equipped with 510/eGo connectors.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
For discreet vaping using stick batteries... which are a simple, easy to handle, comfortable & familiar format, 808 batteries are arguably the best way to go.

To take it beyond that via more esoteric mods be they mechs, vv/vw or whatever, it's probably better to jump into the 510 world. Keep your 808's as backup or sell 'em off... :2c:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
am i missing something, there are no mods that can accept the kr808d-1 cartomizers?
or i just over-surfed and cant find nada one?

If none, then which mods out there (or most mods out there) have no problem if i use an adapter?

Thanks for your time.

I'm sure I don't understand why you would want a larger device for a cartomizer, but GGTS will allow you to use the 808d out of the box.

Have fun
I

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
Hi Izan
i cant seem to find a pic online that shows the GGTS that uses 808 threading?
i did see something that mentioned that the GGTS could take mulitple threading, which i figure is some sort of adapter that probably comes with it.
And, i don't think it's purchase-able anymore ... quick google fu did not yield anywhere that has this in stock.

And, ive made a purchase of a Sigelei Legend now, so this line of inquiry is out-the-door now.
i was hoping there was a mod out there that i can still use my 808d cartomizers to vape on for those occasional times when im fancying something outside of my go-to vape without having to get some 510 cartos. I have not used a tank yet and not sure how much i will like the tank(s). Sure they will be great for the go-to, but i do change-up some throughout the day and wanted to not have to purchase 5 tanks or so.
Maybe, i'll just get some small clearos. i don't associate the word "tank" with a container that doesn't hold more than 2mL ... prolly just me.

Thanks for your input.
Happy Vaping and Be Healthy.

I'm sure I don't understand why you would want a larger device for a cartomizer, but GGTS will allow you to use the 808d out of the box.

Have fun
I

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
i was hoping there was a mod out there that i can still use my 808d cartomizers to vape on for those occasional times when im fancying something outside of my go-to vape without having to get some 510 cartos. I have not used a tank yet and not sure how much i will like the tank(s). Sure they will be great for the go-to, but i do change-up some throughout the day and wanted to not have to purchase 5 tanks or so.
Maybe, i'll just get some small clearos. i don't associate the word "tank" with a container that doesn't hold more than 2mL ... prolly just me.

My sense is that if you're willing to use a larger battery, you're much better off at least using 510 cartomizers versus 808 cartomizers. Much better vapor production and liquid capacity than 808s.

I like 808s but for me they're valuable because they're small and make a nice match with auto stick batteries for pocketable stealth vapes -- no leaking, misfires, etc.

But if I didn't need them for their stealth value, they would be a lot less valuable because they only hold about a ml of liquid. I'd either go through 3-4 of them easily or be constantly topping them off and IMHO they don't really refill well more than once or twice with the kinds of juice I like to use.

Cartotanks are the way to go in my experience. Lots of juice capacity, excellent flavor and relatively low maintenance. I think clearos might be comparable if you were vaping clear, thin juices like some of the fruit flavors but for dark, VG stuff its hard to beat a cartotank.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
Hi Mobocracy,
ok, are there cartotanks that use the 808 cartos instead?
Can cartotanks made for the 510's be modded to use 808 threaded cartos?

My sense is that if you're willing to use a larger battery, you're much better off at least using 510 cartomizers versus 808 cartomizers. Much better vapor production and liquid capacity than 808s.

I like 808s but for me they're valuable because they're small and make a nice match with auto stick batteries for pocketable stealth vapes -- no leaking, misfires, etc.

But if I didn't need them for their stealth value, they would be a lot less valuable because they only hold about a ml of liquid. I'd either go through 3-4 of them easily or be constantly topping them off and IMHO they don't really refill well more than once or twice with the kinds of juice I like to use.

Cartotanks are the way to go in my experience. Lots of juice capacity, excellent flavor and relatively low maintenance. I think clearos might be comparable if you were vaping clear, thin juices like some of the fruit flavors but for dark, VG stuff its hard to beat a cartotank.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
Hi Mobocracy,
ok, are there cartotanks that use the 808 cartos instead?
Can cartotanks made for the 510's be modded to use 808 threaded cartos?

I think it would be a real DIY job. The Smok carto tanks I use are designed to use 50mm 510 cartos. The 808 cartos I use (which I think a 'standard' size) are 35 mm.

You probably could take one of the non-locking tanks, remove the rings from the tube, cut the tube down to the right size and then punch an 808 carto for it.

But even if you did that and it worked, I don't think an 808 battery would have the power to run this setup for very long. The alternative would be an 808-510 adapter and a standard tank setup, but still the battery just wouldn't cut it.

You'd be so much better off with an eGo battery and staying with a stock carto/tank setup and have a lot more choices for cartos and tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread