Is there a way to "drill" out air holes without a drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lastlokean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2010
Red Wing, MN
What you want is a 'push drill' also called a European spiral hand drill or an Archimedean drill

European Made Spiral Hand Drill - Tools in Action with FDJtool.com - YouTube
Precision Drilling with Push Drills - YouTube

This old guy builds a big wooden one on the same principle: Homemade Drill - YouTube

You can find things like this on Ebay for $5 - $10 USD. I keep one in my a tiny tool kit so I can pretty much build an ecig from anything available on the go without electricity. (just in-case)

You can also make your own...

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
You can use a round diamond needle file to do it for cheap, just get a set of these:

58c33ac2-4c80-422d-9824-7299592d2fad_350x170.jpg

The fair price should be about $5 for the set of 5. Not knowing more exactly about your location it would be hard to track for you. Harbor Freight did carry them, but now they offer a set of 10 for $8.

The round one has a max diameter of 3mm so you can just keep working it through the hole til you get the size you want. My 1.5mm holes allow less than half an inch of the file, you should be able to get to 2mm before you touch the other side.

YMe1121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
usa
I hope your not of the male counterparts.. Every man should have a drill...... Guycode

i am on the male side of the gender fence.... the college male side.... but i took it to work after finding a drill there from the 80's... so all is well here, but i am looking into getting one from harbor freight...

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
i was wondering if there was a way to be able to make existing air holes bigger without using a drill. i dont really feel like going out and buying all the needed tools just to make 2 attys better, and it seems like a big chore with drilling through SS... any help is appreciated...
This would make a good story line for "The Big Bang Theory".
Of course Penny would actually have a drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread