Is there batery that last longer, a lot longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
Wow, the more I get into this e-cig things, the more problem I found. I am only couple weeks old to this whole things and already found that an ego twist and a vision spinner is kind of tight for me. The problem is that I don't want to keep spending on equipment. This is not my hobby. I am into this to full fill my hands and mouth habit to quit the analog. I usually charge both batteries full at night, sometimes almost full. Sometimes, one battery is already need charge and the other one is due around evening. I went from around 2ml a day to around 4ml to maybe 6ml a day now. Is there a battery that last longer, but don't put a hole in your pocket?

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I'm not for sure by reading your OP...are you saying you already have an ego Twist and a Vision Spinner? If so, what is the mAh of these that you have?

You get roughly 1 hour of use for every 100mAh..so the bigger battery that you get, the more usage you'll get.

If these are not your batteries, then which do you have?

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I don't know which Spinner you have , I found the 1300 mah to be the best , especially the black one for some reason hold better than the shiny ones.
Now if you want something to get you trough the workaday you need an APV like Sigelei Zmax which is the best value in my opinion , Vamo if you're on a tight budget or ProVari if you're willing to spend around 150 ish for it.
All these units can use Li-Ion battery so the capacity is way bigger and you can carry an inexpensive spare in your pocket.

I can't speak for the rest but my Sigelei V3 with a 18650 battery of only 2250 get's me trough my workday without a problem.
I am waiting the spares from Fasttech , Panasonic 2800mah , to see if I can go trough a whole day with one battery.

Word of advise , don't even bother with 18350 batteries in Mini if you have issues with the Spinner as they only last me a couple of hours at the best.

Windz1

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2013
San Diego
Agree with hvac999.

But there are a lot of variables that could cause one of your twists to last longer than another. . .Atty, juice, voltage/watts, cleaning the "button"/platform when charging, cleaning the charger connection, etc.

I used to use 2 joyetech 900mah twists. It just made more sense to me to buy a mod what had a very high mah for the sake of charging them when I need to (I'm lazy!). MVP was my change, and i never looked back at ego type batteries. I just keep em around as back up for either the MVP and my stay at home evic.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A mod (either single voltage, variable voltage, or variable wattage/variable voltage) that uses a replaceable, rechargeable 18650 battery would last you an entire day.

The smallest-size mod that I know of that uses one of these batteries is the Smoktech Variable Voltage Gripper. Variable Volt Gripper

gripper.jpg

Magentadaisy

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
New York
My phone loads slowly, so I'm not clicking back to see if you said you wanted only a tube - but my itaste MVP lasts me 48 hours in between charges. Its my only unit, and I vape all day long, and the only time its run down is when I've gone two nights, and forgot to plug it in, and that's usually early afternoon that I figure it out. It rocks.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
My phone loads slowly, so I'm not clicking back to see if you said you wanted only a tube - but my itaste MVP lasts me 48 hours in between charges. Its my only unit, and I vape all day long, and the only time its run down is when I've gone two nights, and forgot to plug it in, and that's usually early afternoon that I figure it out. It rocks.

Yea. MVP battery lasts me at least 2 days.

rockb4

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2013
us

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Wow, the more I get into this e-cig things, the more problem I found. I am only couple weeks old to this whole things and already found that an ego twist and a vision spinner is kind of tight for me. The problem is that I don't want to keep spending on equipment. This is not my hobby. I am into this to full fill my hands and mouth habit to quit the analog. I usually charge both batteries full at night, sometimes almost full. Sometimes, one battery is already need charge and the other one is due around evening. I went from around 2ml a day to around 4ml to maybe 6ml a day now. Is there a battery that last longer, but don't put a hole in your pocket?

Hmm, I can vape all of 6ml a day at work, and one 1100mAh twist lasts me all day including the long drive to and from. I always carry the spare but hardly ever need it, even if I'm going to be home late. The used one goes on charge as soon as I get home even though it's still vaping.

Don't run your lithium batteries to dead flat all the time. It's not good for them and will affect how much charge they will hold in the long term. Keep them topped up and you may find they will go the distance when they have to.

I have the two 1100 mAh twists, and a Vamo with two 18650 batteries which I mostly use at home. Very happy with both systems but one is the backup for the other. My third backup is the the ego fixed voltage kit with three 650mAh batteries I started with. It is back in its original starter box - nothing wrong with it, I'm just enjoying VV much more. I may sell it, if I can find a good home for it.

The 1100mAh twist batteries are around $20, less if you shop around, and they should last many months of use (I 'expect' to get at least a year out of them with care, but will be happy enough if they last 6-9 months). Some people seem to have problems with them lasting, but my feeling is they might be always running them flat. The spinner would be a better option in that case - I think the LED screen can show how much charge is in the battery and you can put them on charge before they hit the 3.2V cutoff point (I use 3.5 Volts for the 18650 batteries).

I actually think the manufacturers should use 3.5V as the cutoff point for the electronics, not 3.2V. This would affect their run times compared to other devices on the market however, so that might be why they don't do it.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
lilmrsysti, 1100mah on each, twist and spinner. I think the reason is that I vape too much. I like to keep it in my mouth and suck it consistantly. I do have problem with one of my clearomizer that I don't feel it produce enough vape/smoke, therefore I smoke more, maybe?

look30,
wow, another $150 for a batery is... ahh..

I will search on APV, Sigelei Zmax, Sigelei V3, Vamo, Provari, MVP, evic, 18650 lavatube.
Do not get 18350

retired1, bigger better right? :D

Are these the one that use separate batery that you can just pop it in and out? In that case, I only need one unit and several bateries.

I have not done any search but look like the 18650 lavatube will do for me. $22 is same price as the twist and the spinner too. Why didn't I know about this when I start. Question, do I need different set of top part (clearomizer, tank, cartomizer, etc)? On batery, what kind of mah on this, how much longer compare to the twist/spinner?

Thanks.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

I have a vision spinner - it's a 1300mAh and lasts me about a full day - so if you are not even getting a full day from a twist and a spinner, I'd suggest either they are not charging correctly or are defective. I vape about 4-6 mls a day at around 4-4.2volts using a CE5 clearo
Also, you say you charge them at night, almost full. I charge my spinner for about 3-4 hours and it is full (according to the charger) so again, I think you may have something wrong with either the charger or the batteries.
I may be wrong and a mod might be the best way forward, but I think you aren't getting the best out of the batteries you currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread