The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Difference between twist batteries and mods?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by James467809, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. James467809

James467809 Full Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Montreal
    Hello, i own a number of twist batteries (ego twist 1300mah and 2 vision spinner 2's 1600mah) and 1 mod (Vamo V5). What makes the vamo so much better than these twist batteries? I mean with my nautilus tank i vape the vamo at about 11watts whereas my twist batteries anywhere from 4.3-4.8. Even with a 3000mah battery both end up lasting me a full day just about.. Maybe the vamo somewhat longer but regardless i could substitute the battery anyways. Does having the vamo really improve the vaping experience? What makes these mods such an upgrade to a regular twist voltage battery..?

and one other question regarding the vamo...when exactly should i charge the batteries that are put into them...the read states 4.0v full charge and I've seen people say they charge anywhere from 3.7-3.9....which would definitely not equate to a full days use out of the battery and would definitely not last as long as the vision spinners...so when should they really be charged? (when do you notice a drop in performance regarding your mod)

2. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    When your reg ecig dies you have to buy another. If your vamo battery dies you just buy a replacement battery to go inside it. Much cheaper in the long run. It is all preference. I personally don't like disposable. If I can repurpose or reuse I try to.]

3. p7willm

p7willm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    Lansdale, PA, USA
    It depends on what you want to do.

With the Vamo you can cary additional batteries and change when one gets low. You can use larger batteries, over 3000 mah. You can use attys with lower resistances with the Vamo.

With the nautilus tank and 1.8 Ohm coils both will work fine.

If you want to get into rebuildable tanks and dripping, not everyone does, you may need a more advanced device, one that supports a lower coil resistance.

Some people find a simple setup, spinner and nautilus, is simple, usually works, keeps them from smoking, and they are happy. Some people want to get into other areas of vaping, collecting equipment, blowing clouds, etc. and they get lots more stuff. It all depends on what you want and what you can afford.

The Vamo will let you know when it is time to change the battery. The Vamo is a regulated device and all regulated devices check the level of battery charge and tell you when the battery is low and stop working to protect the battery.

4. JuggernautJuice

JuggernautJuice Full Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Tampa,Florida,US
    Definitely a longer battery life with the upgraded models. My favorite was the e-vic. A full charge would last me 2 days easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.