Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've got two vamo's. I got a V1 chrome (which I changed to a V2 by creating a non-conductive washer for the positive end and adding the V2 end cap with a bigger spring), And also a V2 in black chrome. I got the pleasure of meeting a couple that both owned vamo's so naturally the conversation started. When I made the comment that my only problem was it didn't remember it's settings when I changed my battery, they both told me theirs did. Well being like I am, I had to see. Sure enough both vamo's kept the wattage setting and mode remembered even after the battery was changed. Now I want to know if I need a third one to keep up? Any one else seen this in a brand new Vamo?. It was really cool not to have to reset the wattage/voltage. His was at 8 watts and Hers was at 6 watts both in NO2 mode. I got to know!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
tnt56:8452921 said:
I've got two vamo's. I got a V1 chrome (which I changed to a V2 by creating a non-conductive washer for the positive end and adding the V2 end cap with a bigger spring), And also a V2 in black chrome. I got the pleasure of meeting a couple that both owned vamo's so naturally the conversation started. When I made the comment that my only problem was it didn't remember it's settings when I changed my battery, they both told me theirs did. Well being like I am, I had to see. Sure enough both vamo's kept the wattage setting and mode remembered even after the battery was changed. No I want to know if I need a third one to keep up? Any one else seen this in a brand new Vamo?. It was really cool not to have to reset the wattage/voltage. His was at 8 watts and Hers was at 6 watts both in NO2 mode. I got to know!!!!!!!!!

My version 2 and many others have always saved wattage settings. There are 2-3 makers of the vamo and atleast one sold Vamos that do not save the settings.

Mine has the CE and other certifications printed on the mod. These seem to save settings.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
My version 2 and many others have always saved wattage settings. There are 2-3 makers of the vamo and atleast one sold Vamos that do not save the settings.

Mine has the CE and other certifications printed on the mod. These seem to save settings.

I don't think there are different manufacturers actually - they just changed the version 2s and the newer ones remembered watts. Same packaging, same manufacturer.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
kiwivap:8452993 said:

I don't think there are different manufacturers actually - they just changed the version 2s and the newer ones remembered watts. Same packaging, same manufacturer.

My v2 is the first run of v2 ... the earliest.

There are definitely different manufacturers as confirmed by vendors.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
My v2 is the first run of v2 ... the earliest.

There are definitely different manufacturers as confirmed by vendors.

I didn't know that - my understanding was that vendors weren't saying who the manufacturers were. Who has said there are different manufacturers? Apart from the later Vision Variable Voltage Mod? BTW - my first version 2 was one of the first, and my second was a gun metal.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I didn't know that - my understanding was that vendors weren't saying who the manufacturers were. Who has said there are different manufacturers? Apart from the later Vision Variable Voltage Mod? BTW - my first version 2 was one of the first, and my second was a gun metal.

I was able to get one of the first V1's. Then I saw the gun metal v2. I've been able to alter my V1 into a V2. The difference is the washer on the positive end, to allow flat top batteries, and also the larger end cap. I'ts really easy to do and only cost about 30 minutes time, a piece of NON CONDUCTIVE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the positive end and then the new larger spring end cap. Total cost was my time and $3.00 us. Same thing as far as I can tell.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I was able to get one of the first V1's. Then I saw the gun metal v2. I've been able to alter my V1 into a V2. The difference is the washer on the positive end, to allow flat top batteries, and also the larger end cap. I'ts really easy to do and only cost about 30 minutes time, a piece of NON CONDUCTIVE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the positive end and then the new larger spring end cap. Total cost was my time and $3.00 us. Same thing as far as I can tell.

Except the 6 watt bug. But you will have a safer pv now. :)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio

I know Vape in the Cape or whatever ... who markets it as the Eagle has stated they buy from a different manufacturer. That is why their "vamos" still have the rubber buttons.

There are two metal button makers as well. One with a plain tube with no markings... the other with the CE and certification markings.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Mine remembers everything. Loving this thing. Feels good that my first mod purchase was a good one.

Wait ... yours remember volts? Wonder if they've changed this in the latest run. The Chinese were doing this as a "safety feature" so you couldn't blow your coil by putting a lower resistance device on the pv. I'd prefer to have the option myself.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Take a look here: Vamo Wholesale Sources

As you can see there are several distributors who may or may not be manufacturers, all in China most in Shenzhen City with different names and different prices, so they very well may be different manufacturing facilities.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Take a look here: Vamo Wholesale Sources

As you can see there are several distributors who may or may not be manufacturers, all in China most in Shenzhen City with different names and different prices, so they very well may be different manufacturing facilities.

Some of those aren't Vamos - they often throw in the wrong name on alibaba to get peoples attention. One looks like an iTaste clone, another is a lavatube.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Buy another one anyway so you can run in dual 18650 lightsaber mode...lol!

I already got a set of em. One v1 chrome and a v2 gun metal. I got the stuff and turned the v1 into a v2. Just positive washer and new end cap. Total cost was $3.27 total. And I'll proubably just start using the 2 Provari's anyway. But there is just something about the vamo in mini mode I really like. Don't like the big mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread