Is this a Young June or an Lrider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARams

Oct 29, 2012
ventura
Lrider-1sm.jpg Lrider-2sm.jpg Lrider-3sm.jpg

Is this an Lrider or a Young June?

The info I have found says that the Lrider has the battery post like the one pictured. The Young June supposedly has the flat, stationary post. Also the info I found says the Young Junes battery cover has a course knurling on it and the Lrider is like the one I have pictured.

Anyway I bought this because it was advertised as the Young June and I wanted that model because juice doesn't seep into the battery post. I've read that on the Lrider juice will seep in around the post and over time will freeze up or stop working. I can already tell that is probably correct because this one already does leak around the post.

I sent an email to the place I bought it from (FREe-cigs.com) questioning whether it young june or not. They responded quickly with an email and also a phone call. I think the persons name is Kevin. He was polite and seemed concerned but I think he might be mistaken about what he is selling. Though I understand these ecig makers put out new revisions constantly and so maybe they have changed the design.

I was hoping someone might be able to positively ID this for me. I have more pictures if that would help.

LARams

Oct 29, 2012
ventura
That center pin does not look like my 1 month old YJ, the one I have is flat and solid without that rounded center pin in your pic.
Other then that they look the same.

Thanks for the reply. I thought the center pin was wrong for a Young June. This one was purchased less than a week ago.
Even the picture on the site I bought it from shows the solid post version.

Hard not to be angry when I did my due diligence researching before buying. I knew about the post problem with l-rider and specifically searched for the young june because of that. Only to buy one and have them send me the exact thing I was trying to avoid. This just highlights the problem with the industry as I see it. To many knock-offs, to much renaming and to many revisions.

LARams

Oct 29, 2012
ventura
almost everything is going to leak around the post once in awhile
that a tank/carto issue

dude im no expert but it looks like a yj to me
nice that you can put a stardust on it without needing a adapter

I understand there is leaking from carto's or whatever your using but the problem is that juice then leaks inside the housing of the battery and electronics with this type of post. It is nice though other than that. Especially the super nice screen it has.

Dauyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
Wisconsin
The center post doesn't look like an l-rider, either. The pin is slotted on an l-rider. Never seen one like that.

Is the power button red or silver? Red is L-rider.

Does it have a battery meter, or do you have to click the power button 5 times to get battery voltage? YJ has a meter, LR has the voltage.

Your battery cover DOES have coarse knurling. L-rider is much finer than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread