Is this normal for a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
I've had my Provari V2 for about a month. Lately I've been noticing something that I hadn't noticed earlier.

If I'm holding it vertically... When I release the button I feel some kind of movement inside the unit. It's kind of like the battery is shifting slightly or a spring is being activated. It's just a very small vibration (or something). If I'm holding it horizontally, I get the same effect -- but only after I move it to a vertical position. This happens every time I press the button.

Has anyone else noticed this?

rossstang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2010
Cincinnati,ohio
I've had my Provari V2 for about a month. Lately I've been noticing something that I hadn't noticed earlier.

If I'm holding it vertically... When I release the button I feel some kind of movement inside the unit. It's kind of like the battery is shifting slightly or a spring is being activated. It's just a very small vibration (or something). If I'm holding it horizontally, I get the same effect -- but only after I move it to a vertical position. This happens every time I press the button.

MAN I am glad someone else said this! I have been going nuts trying to figure it out, but if i have the AW IMR 18650 and give the unit a little back and forth motion i can feel the battery jiggle around a bit, take the battery out and give it a shake and nothing, so like MonsterKenny said, it does sound like maybe the battery spring... I will have to mess around with it a little later this evening and will reply with the results and will try to put the 18490 battery in and see if I notice it with that battery and end cap. what battery and end cap are you using?

rossstang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2010
Cincinnati,ohio
rosstang, I think your problem is different than mine. If I shake it, there's no feeling of movement. That weird little feeling I get occurs only when I release the button when it's vertical. Or when I release the button and make it vertical after being horizontal. In my case, it's 100% reproducible.

does it almost feel like the provari is almost vibrating when you release the button? if so I do believe we have the same problem, but it may be different. just everything sounds like the same. it was about a month ago when mine started doing it and if it matters i have the satin black V2 with the blue LED but if i tip it back and forth like a normal vape ( horizontal to vertical) it will never make the noise but if i tip it back and forth like i usually vape and push the button it will do it almost every time.

gallahant

Apr 10, 2012
Cyprus
I did notice when i got my Provari that the tube width is a tad larger than the battery width, so physically it has a little bit of room to wiggle if free. Yesterday i noticed that the battery was wiggling slightly but when i unscrew, take off the battery and re-insert it, everything was ok. Dont know if this will happen again, but i believe its a spring thing. Maybe sometimes it goes on the battery at a slight angle and needs re-screwing the cap?

rossstang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2010
Cincinnati,ohio
I did notice when i got my Provari that the tube width is a tad larger than the battery width, so physically it has a little bit of room to wiggle if free. Yesterday i noticed that the battery was wiggling slightly but when i unscrew, take off the battery and re-insert it, everything was ok. Dont know if this will happen again, but i believe its a spring thing. Maybe sometimes it goes on the battery at a slight angle and needs re-screwing the cap?

try unscrewing the battery cap an eight turn or even a sixteenth of a turn it should stop.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona

My Provari button is solid/ My Provape1 has that same problem when pushing the button, Feels like something is moving inside... I have never dropped my Provari, but my Provape1 has dropped numerous times(slipery little Devils)... I think thats when the problem with the button started, the chip board might of got slightly lose...??? It has nothing to do with the battery spring, it is the button that the movement comes from.....................

Last edited:

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
Just to follow up... I stretched out the spring a bit. It popped out, but was easily reinserted.

That simple little action solved my problem for good (I think). Now I can screw the battery in all the way, and I don't get the weird effect.

So now my Provari is good as new. Hopefully, this will help others who experience whatever the hell I was experiencing.

Let's call it the "Provari spring ain't quite springy 'nuf" problem.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
I have a same problem with my Provari mini.
My board also wiggles a bit.
Contacted Provape, they said that extending the spring should solve the problem.
It did for now...
Asked a friend to check his mini and his board doesn't move a bit.
Don't know what to do now... Provari is like one month old, never been dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread