Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Cool find @bombastinator.

Fuid jet polishing is another good thing as well for machining items with extremely tight tolerances, it was initially created for the production of high precision optics.

It's loosely based off waterjet cutting technology, but could be used for so much more.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've done Many applications where EDM, either Wire or "Sinker", were the Best (only) way to go.

It is by No Means an inexpensive way to Remove material. Or a Fast process. But there are times when it would be Very Difficult to achieve what you want via "Hard Machining" techniques.

EDM can also be Very Attractive when High Degrees of Surface Finish must be maintained. Such as in Mold/Die Making. Or in Medical Applications.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i dunno anything about this but it looks like the best way to drill squonkers. Any info? Opinions? Experiences?

EDM-ing squonk pins wouldn't be a very Cost Efficient.

And since the Profile needed for the e-liquid to flow thru the Pin Isn't really High Tolerance/Complex, and the Pin Material Isn't hard to machine material, simple Drill/Turn would be a Better way to go.

Now say the thru Profile you wanted want was a 5 Point Star for some reason. Then making a Sinker in that Profile and "Sinking the Hole" via EDM would be very Viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread