Is this the right stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
I am wondering because the ones that people have posted links to, the bottle looks different.. maybe they changed their packaging? But I saw it was Humco and decided to get it... also another question.. it says 99.5% glycerin.. what the other .5%? anybody know lol

img0573v.jpg

img0572rse.jpg

(woops I couldn't figure out how to flip it sorry!)

s4pat

May 6, 2009
morgantown, wv
I'm not 100% sure but I actually think they are the same thing. That's what a pharmicist told me. I would ask your pharmicist.

same here. also, if you want PG that is used for pharmaceuticals, ask your pharmacy to order this for you (about $10/pint):
paddock labs propylene glycol, usp. NDC: 00574-0072-16

and here is another alternative for the humco brand that your pharmacy may be able to order for a lower cost, even wal-mart: its marketed by the drug wholesaler mckesson and made by humco. the name is sunmark and its ndc is: 49348-0839-36

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
They all have the pure PG powered, walmart and rite aid both pointed me to that. But how to mix it, it's called Miralax it got no water or anything in it.

I done some research and found, that there is only 2 grades and even the feed stock PG is USP. So if it's for humans or animals then it's USP grade, only the other grade is not as clean and not to the same standard. So it don't have to be marked USP to be USP, stuff for your hands, cooking, animal's and that is USP grade.

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
I have that exact bottle. It came from Wal-Mart in the first-aid section, but on my way home from there, I stopped at Hobby Lobby and got the Wilton's kind used for cake icing simply because some people have said they worried a little about the Humco. I got the Humco just in case I couldn't find the other. I think a lot of people are using it, though. I haven't used it. The extra 0.5% is probably just some kind of impurities that may or may not matter. If I hadn't easily found the Wilton's, I probably would have gone ahead and used that one. It's vegetable glycerin. The main ingredient that is probably in your liquids is propylene glycol. Some people like the VG and some like the PG. I found that by cutting my liquids with VG my mucous membranes got a bit irritated, so I got some PG, but it's harder to get. Sometimes you have to get a pharmacy to order it or go to a compounding pharmacy. Does all that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread