Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
It's not 10% e-juice, it's lab grade nic, 99.x%

820877 | (-)-Nicotine
I asked what mg/ml the nic was.... and the reply was 99 so I assumed it was 99ml/mg ergo 10%, now if the reply was 997.xx mg/ml then I would assume it was 99%... errors like that can cause some issues.... serious issues

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I asked what mg/ml the nic was.... and the reply was 99 so I assumed it was 99ml/mg ergo 10%, now if the reply was 997.xx mg/ml then I would assume it was 99%... errors like that can cause some issues.... serious issues
I had already replied to you that the merck product was more than likely pure nic so the OPs answer of 99 should have been taking with that into account.

Serious issues is a bit of a stretch. Your the only one who was still talking about mg/ml a month after everyone else had already figured out what the product in question was.

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I didnt read every post...
Now that can cause some issues.

and what I did read never stated the product was 100%... only a guess was made as to its purity....
I didn't mean to sound like an {MODERATED}, although I may have but, it seems only right that if someone is going to participate in a thread they should read all the posts.

If you would have done that then you would have known that the "guess" had already been confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
and so I read every post and still it doesnt say its 99+% pure.. only an assumption that it is, Kaan hasnt stated that it is 99+% pure... Im a person who prefers to know it is what it is and not go on assumptions..... assumptions and guessing and taking the word of some one who thinks or feels pretty surely that what is in question is or isnt isnt my way of proceeding with things...

and if you can figure that out your a step ahead of me .... :)

and if one feels handling 99mg/ml and 997mg/ml isnt an issue when it comes to "accidents"... then they shouldnt be considering the purchase of pure nic.... even the MSDA states exposure on skin is highly toxic for 997 mg/ml... people with such a cavalier attitude when dealing with 997 mg/ml are either professional chemists( who know how to handle it) or those unfortunately misinformed about the dangers.

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
and so I read every post and still it doesnt say its 99+% pure.. only an assumption that it is, Kaan hasnt stated that it is 99+% pure... Im a person who prefers to know it is what it is and not go on assumptions..... assumptions and guessing and taking the word of some one who thinks or feels pretty surely that what is in question is or isnt isnt my way of proceeding with things...

and if you can figure that out your a step ahead of me .... :)
Kaan sent someone a link in a private message and they responded "Looks legit. Pharma grade nic available for the retail market...".

Are you the one dealing with the product in question? All I know is that if I was to buy anything it would be the product shown in the link I posted. It really doesn't matter to me if it is exactly what kaan is looking at.

and if one feels handling 99mg/ml and 997mg/ml isnt an issue when it comes to "accidents"... then they shouldnt be considering the purchase of pure nic.... even the MSDA states exposure on skin is highly toxic for 997 mg/ml... people with such a cavalier attitude when dealing with 997 mg/ml are either professional chemists( who know how to handle it) or those unfortunately misinformed about the dangers.
If by issue you mean difference then, I never said there wasn't a difference. I said that it was already understood that we were talking about 997 mg/ml.

Besides, the disclaimer is at the top of the forum listing. It's up to the individual to know their ability and to know what they are handling.

Personally I think the danger is exaggerated. You don't need to be a professional chemist to transfer something from one container to another without getting anything on you.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unnecessary

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
if you mean nico only maybe thats correct but we already bought vg & pg from the retailer,

and it came with typical sealed merck packaging & official retailer invoice tells the same .

aG7vkxZ.jpg

this is an interesting read...
http://duponttateandlyle.com/pdf/CT_Skin_Sensitization_Reprint.pdf

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
from what I gather, the picture is a bottle of PG
Sorry BK but, you seem to have a hard time following the flow of the thread.

Someone told the OP that they doubted that Merck would sell directly to the public and they doubted that the retailer that they had bought from was actually able to sell them Merck products. The OP posted the pic to show that the bottle of PG that they had bought was branded Merck. Did you even read the text that you quoted with the pic?

If you check the badly copy/pasted info in the OP you will see that a couple of the things posted about the product in question are:
Synonyms
3-(1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinyl)pyridine, (S)-(-)-Nicotine

CAS number
54-11-5

EC index number
614-001-00-4

This same info, along with everything else in the OP, matches the info in the link I posted but the link has more including:
Assay (GC, area%)
≥ 99.0 % (a/a)

I don't understand why you continue to press the issue? If someone has a bottle of nic from a pharmaceutical company that says 99% on the label, what difference does it make if you believe it to be 99% pure or not?

ETA: Also, from a safety point of view, telling someone that their 99% bottle of nic is 10% is erring on the side of recklessness. Pretty sure that was not your intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaana

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
Sorry BK but, you seem to have a hard time following the flow of the thread.

Someone told the OP that they doubted that Merck would sell directly to the public and they doubted that the retailer that they had bought from was actually able to sell them Merck products. The OP posted the pic to show that the bottle of PG that they had bought was branded Merck. Did you even read the text that you quoted with the pic?

If you check the badly copy/pasted info in the OP you will see that a couple of the things posted about the product in question are:
Synonyms
3-(1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinyl)pyridine, (S)-(-)-Nicotine

CAS number
54-11-5

EC index number
614-001-00-4

This same info, along with everything else in the OP, matches the info in the link I posted but the link has more including:
Assay (GC, area%)
≥ 99.0 % (a/a)

I don't understand why you continue to press the issue? If someone has a bottle of nic from a pharmaceutical company that says 99% on the label, what difference does it make if you believe it to be 99% pure or not?

ETA: Also, from a safety point of view, telling someone that their 99% bottle of nic is 10% is erring on the side of recklessness. Pretty sure that was not your intention.

Thank you for this awesome explanation :thumbs:

I specifically asked what mg/ml the nic was... and the answer I recieved was 99... someone needs to understand the difference between % and mg/ml.
I wasnt aware If I said something misinformative, Sorry about that. I can send it's link via pm, so you can check it out by yourself allright?

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I specifically asked what mg/ml the nic was... and the answer I recieved was 99... someone needs to understand the difference between % and mg/ml.
I understand that but, if someone has a bottle of nic that says 99%, what you believe that they have on hand isn't going to change what they are actually working with. How hard is that for you too understand?

Also, if you want to err on the side of safety then you would be better off not giving any advice before telling that person to handle the nic like it's 10% juice.

I wasnt aware If I said something misinformative, Sorry about that. I can send it's link via pm, so you can check it out by yourself allright?
You should just post the link here. There is no rule against that and that way anyone who reads the thread will know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
I understand that but, if someone has a bottle of nic that says 99%, what you believe that they have on hand isn't going to change what they are actually working with. How hard is that for you too understand?

Also, if you want to err on the side of safety then you would be better off not giving any advice before telling that person to handle the nic like it's 10% juice.

You should just post the link here. There is no rule against that and that way anyone who reads the thread will know what you are talking about.

I already pasted the specs so I prefer not to.

cause it's a rare source and I dont want to spread it to the internet as I told before,

you can findif you do a search as merck nicotine

If you dont believe me you can ask the @stevegmu or like I told check it by yourself.

I'm not a scientist so that's why I asked via this thread, also didnt understand why it became a big deal.

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I don't understand why you think this is some well kept secret, if there is a link then it is already on the internet. If I understand correctly Millipore is the retail division of Merck and will sell and ship worldwide. I have already posted this link: 820877 | (-)-Nicotine, just say if this is the product you were looking at and that would put and end to the speculation.

I'm not a scientist so that's why I asked via this thread, also didnt understand why it became a big deal.
Because to some it wasn't clear what you were asking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread