Is Volcano looking into defective new Lavatubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I know there is already a post in another spot here about someone reporting their Lavatube V2 cutting off randomly. And there are several other posters in that thread, including me, who have had the same problem. Fortunately Volcano has fantastic service and warranties and has gotten each person's problem resolved. I'm lucky enough to have a Volcano store nearby and could take it back the next day, but the others were not so fortunate.

However, my point is wondering is Volcano looking into this or have they found the manufacturing problem and fixed it? I couldn't be happier with my Volcano products, including my Inferno. But I hate to think of someone new to vaping and/or Volcano and the defects tarnishing the reputation of either.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I am one of the unfortunate ones. I have had problems with mine from day one. But I have no back up dont want to go back to analogs.

D'oh! Sorry to hear that. :(

Well, from what I hear as well as my own personal experience, Volcano has excellent customer service and a good warranty program and will replace the defective unit at no cost - assuming you bought it through them directly or from an authorized retailer.

My suggestion is to get a Blu or njoy disposable from your local pharmacy or smoke store to tide you over until you can get a new LavaTube. Comparatively speaking, the disposable cig-a-likes suck, but they've gotten me through a day or two when I lost a battery.

I wish you the best in getting your problem taken care of and I hope that this incident has not too terribly tarnished your impression of Volcano. I'm happy with mine.

By the way, I am in no way a paid promoter of Volcano, just a really happy customer, and even happier that they got me off the analogs.

And thanks for the update, Joe.

Last edited:

HOPS

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2012
My suggestion is to get a Blu or Njoy disposable from your local pharmacy or smoke store to tide you over until you can get a new LavaTube. Comparatively speaking, the disposable cig-a-likes suck, but they've gotten me through a day or two when I lost a battery.
A couple of months back my spinner batt died on my lunch break at work, so I ran down the street and picked up a Blu disposable to get me through till I got home. Yesterday, my batt died again (I have 2 that are identical and picked up the wrong one again lol). Luckily, I left that disposable in the car, and to my surprise it was still going strong! From now on I will always keep a back-up disposable in the car the way I used to keep a spare bic!
Glad I found this thread too, was just about to pull the trigger on the LTv2, but guess I'll wait a few more weeks till this gets straight...
(just went to their site and they are sold out of black again, so I would have had to wait anyway)

Last edited:

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
just as a reminder the juice in ecigs dont do well in heat and sunlight, so with summer coming around the corner, it is not a great idea to keep spare ecig batts and juice in the car.

The nic breaks down and the flavorings separate, so it wont taste good nor will the nic be as strong. and batts dont like the heat either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread