Not open for further replies.

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
Hi,
I've been vaping for over a year now and I've been through a few batteries.
Right now I'm vaping an Ego-C twist.
My concern is that my boyfriend's just broke, I guess the wires disconnected from jumbling. He welds at school and work and I pocket mine. I am just looking for a really durable variable voltage. One that can take being tossed around and dropped, and one that I won't have to replace every few months. One that is durable and will last a long time.
Price is not really much of an issue, because I do fully understand that you pay for quality.
Also, size doesn't really concern me as much as it used to when I started, I would just prefer it not to be rectangular or square.
Hope you can help,
Stephanie.

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
I cant speak to other brands as I did enough reading here to decide to bypass all the progressive steps to the Provari..I got the Provari because of its reputation and the positive statements about it...as for durability,I read somewhere in here that if you drop it from a 10 story window..it will break...:)
Bucky

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
Provari is best yes .. But for the price I would never pay it. The gripper looks like a cheap mod that if I tore up I wouldnt care. Starfire vv mini would also be a great choice. Its a lavatube type mod thats built better imo (atleast mine is built better then friends myvaporshop.com lavatube) 52.00 for the starter kit with 2 batteries.

My ego battery came apart the same way .. Their disposable.

Edit: if he doesnt need vv "the bolt" mod would be perfect for him ... I wonder if theres a "the bolt mini" hrrrrm ...

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
You can absolutely find more exotic PV’s and ones that are built like a tank.
For the price though if a Twist lasts me a couple of months I’m WAY ahead on what a Provari or more exotic system would cost. I could buy about 10 Twists for the price they’re charging for some others. That’s a couple of years of vaping at the minimum. With the rapid advancement in PV technology I’m sure in 2 years there will be something much better than both the Twist and Provari on the market. Heck it wouldn’t surprise me if in the next few months the next “game changer” is released.

Now my vaping is well within the range of a Twist, so I don’t see that I’d get any better vape for paying ten times the price. I couldn’t care less if it went higher than the 4.8 volts that a Twist does, or has a battery life that is longer as my Twist lasts me all day. So I’d gain very little if anything other than bragging rights for the extra money.

To those of you that have poney’d up for a Provari, all power to you, I hope you like it. But for me having a bulky PV that I wouldn’t want to carry around isn’t worth it at any price let alone the price it would cost to set a Provari up.

Last edited:

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I have 2 provaris and they are very durable. Mine have been dropped on cement several times with no damage to the pv, just the cart tank broke. I also have a Twist and the new smoketech vv gripper. Love the gripper but its not going to be able to survive many drops. Its molded plastic with a rubberized cover. I have had a lavatube and it didn't last a week. The provari is the most durable vv I have had.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
The egos are pretty durable. If you aren't in a heavy working environment then you should get a good bit of use from it. Because it doesn't work for him, because of his situation, doesn't mean it's going to give you problems. In his situation I'd recommend a couple stick batteries and a PCC, so if anything does happen its no big deal. Provaris may be built like a tank, but I wouldn't trust it in a situation where I just broke a $30 pv. Just something I wouldn't want to risk.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
I wish I would have just broke down and ordered the ProVari right from the start. I would have saved a bunch as opposed to working my way up to it.

My thoughts exactly. I probably wouldn't have appreciated it though without having first experienced the frustration of owning several more economical pvs and box mods that inevitably failed to perform as expected.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
ProVari is in second behind the Reo Grand VV
maybe someday us average people will be able to buy a VVG and then I might agree with you as of right now only a handful privileged people can get one, I love my Reo VVW but my provaris slip into my back pocket making it a great mod for my job. I work out and about so a provari w/DID is my best friend

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Well this isn't an easy one for me to answer...

ProVari - very durable. Has a bunch of bells and whistles. Expensive.

BuzzPro - very durable. No bells and whistles. Easier on the pocketbook.

Now the next one isn't variable voltage but it's variable select...4V, 5V, and 6V. Durable...been running one since the beginning of the spring or there abouts. I always have it set on 6V so it's been heavily strained. Never had a problem with it. I actually grab this mod over my high priced ones...will roughly cost $30...what am I talking about...the REV3 from 310vapers.com. Some vendors will call it the eGo V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread