Issue with my new Zeus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
So, I got a Dual Mode Zeus a few days ago, and actually, I've been meaning to write a glowing review about how much I'm loving it. I seriously love, love, love this thing... But, a small issue arose yesterday and has grown more irritating today to the point that I had to stop what I was doing and come on here and post about it. :blink:

I'm primarily charging it with the USB cable and wall adapter that came in the starter kit, but when I plug the battery in, there is an incredibly high-pitched electronic whine that is emitted. It sounds like it's coming from the wall adapter itself, but it only happens when the Zeus is plugged in and when it's charging. Once the light goes green, the noise stops. No noise if I plug the USB into my computer.

It's that "one monitor left on in the computer lab and you can hear it" whine... just barely loud enough to hear it, but loud enough to drive me batty. :evil:

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I know the whining you are referring to and it is definitely coming from the Wall Adapter. I've used the same setup you described and found out it was from the Wall Adapter. I haven't had issues while charging, using this set up. Please let me know if you experience any other issues with the Vapor Zeus :). I'm glad to hear you're loving it otherwise!

So, I got a Dual Mode Zeus a few days ago, and actually, I've been meaning to write a glowing review about how much I'm loving it. I seriously love, love, love this thing... But, a small issue arose yesterday and has grown more irritating today to the point that I had to stop what I was doing and come on here and post about it. :blink:

I'm primarily charging it with the USB cable and wall adapter that came in the starter kit, but when I plug the battery in, there is an incredibly high-pitched electronic whine that is emitted. It sounds like it's coming from the wall adapter itself, but it only happens when the Zeus is plugged in and when it's charging. Once the light goes green, the noise stops. No noise if I plug the USB into my computer.

It's that "one monitor left on in the computer lab and you can hear it" whine... just barely loud enough to hear it, but loud enough to drive me batty. :evil:

MystStick

ECF Veteran

I tried to replicate this issue last night (as I had never noticed it before) and even after I turned off everything in the room, I couldn't hear it. Of course my old ears don't work like they used to, so maybe that is a good thing. Nice to know if I suddenly start hearing, it won't be an issue to be alarmed about.

Gravity

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
I know the whining you are referring to and it is definitely coming from the Wall Adapter. I've used the same setup you described and found out it was from the Wall Adapter. I haven't had issues while charging, using this set up. Please let me know if you experience any other issues with the Vapor Zeus :). I'm glad to hear you're loving it otherwise!

As long as it's nothing to be concerned over... just wanted to make sure! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread