Istick basic kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I've looked at these as interesting. Don't think they would measure up to my egrip which I love for out and about, but they may be worth a shot. I still use pt 2 minis and evods on occasion and these should fit in the istick basic as well, so I will probably try one at some point. Wish they were VV but can't have everything I guess.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I've looked at these as interesting. Don't think they would measure up to my egrip which I love for out and about, but they may be worth a shot. I still use pt 2 minis and evods on occasion and these should fit in the istick basic as well, so I will probably try one at some point. Wish they were VV but can't have everything I guess.
I thought so too I have 3 mini pt3 that I could use with it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The tank on this has a track record and is easy to service. The extra battery power compared to a pen style device should get most beginners through a day without recharging. It's small, which matters to beginners. There are no settings to understand. If the user outgrows the device in a week or two it means vaping is significanly reducing their smoking so ir'accomplished it's purpose. I like starting people on something inexpensive because there is less pressure. I just recommended one to a guy starting to vape. He says so far so good.

RobertLxander

Feb 15, 2016
Does anyone have it? It is under $30 and I thought it might be nice to have as a back up? Any thoughts?

I'm thinking of getting one of these too. The ego vape pen are a little conspicuous in public.

Do you happen to know if other 14mm tanks can be used with it? I have a few Kanger EVOD glass tanks and it's be super convenient if they were compatible.

Poolea77

Oct 20, 2015
I love this thing! I just got it a few days ago for using at the bar and other places where the aromamizer or tvf4 just create too many clouds. It will def be what I recommend to people when just starting out. I think the biggest downside will be getting coils for the GS air in a pinch because nowhere local sells them.

Reactions: David Wolf

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I love this thing! I just got it a few days ago for using at the bar and other places where the aromamizer or tvf4 just create too many clouds. It will def be what I recommend to people when just starting out. I think the biggest downside will be getting coils for the GS air in a pinch because nowhere local sells them.
I believe other 14mm dia. atomizers can be used. If there is one that is rebuildable I'd like to know about it

codger59

Nov 21, 2014
NC USA
I've had the Basic for a month or so now, and it's a great design. The magnetic connector is great, and with the included EGO adapter I can use my mini ProTankIII (and an EVOD) along with the GSAir2. Can go 2+days on a charge, and it fits in my shirt pocket :) The only thing I'd change is the 14mm dia limit on tanks - open it up to use at least 16mm.
The GSAir2 tank is just OK...vapes good, but has a couple of cons: the "air control" ring is not attached, so you gotta be careful when refilling. The tank doesn't come apart, so cleaning is mildly annoying.
A caveat using another tank with a driptip: the magnetic connector is stronger than the driptip seal, so you end up just pulling the driptip out LOL...gotta put a bit of side-pull quick enough to overcome the magnet.
The only real problem I've had is the .75 coils it comes with. Jeez, you look at these things wrong and they burn - and once burnt there's no recovering :( I vape a pretty standard 60pg/40vg, and I'm not a power-vaper/cloud-chaser...but the coils just don't seem to wick fast enough to keep up. Both coils crapped out within a week. I'm gonna try the GSAir 1.5s and see if they do better. Have had no problems with the PTIII.

NWI_ Arbuckle

Feb 26, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Does anyone have it? It is under $30 and I thought it might be nice to have as a back up? Any thoughts?
I have the iStick mini with ProTank II. The ProTank came with 3 coils (2- 1.8ohm and 1- 2.2ohm). I fell in love immediately, but once.o ordered and received my Kanger air flow control I realized it was perfect.

I am now ripping 4.4 volts off of 2.5 ohm coils (5-pk for $6 online) and I couldn't be happier. Great hit and flavor, enough cloud to where you feel that you actually inhaked something.

While setup was less than $60, and that included shipping costs and juice. Ordered everything from 3 websites total.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread