Isub G

Status
Not open for further replies.

claybuster

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Connecticut
Were there different editions to this tank or only one?

The reason I ask is this: I recently purchased the G tank (yea, was still able to find one, not easy), and looking at some YouTube videos I noticed one huge difference. When I turn the tank upside and unscrew the base to fill, the chimney only goes up about 3/4s to the top of the glass where as all the ones I see in the videos, the chimney extends to the very top of the glass.

After taking the spaces out the the scratch and test security numbers on the side of the box, I got an 'excellent' back on the authenticity check.

Confused? Can anyone help solve this mystery?

The part I circled in the photo. I put a cloth on that and took a pair of pliers to it to see it it comes off, thinking it should be stuck on the other end to the chimney. It doesn't come off.

Anyway, I purchased because I had read the G tank hit similar to the original version (plastic) which many like myself felt was the best hitter in the lineup. I own an "S", I own an Apex, but, IMO the "G" is closet to the original.

I'm looking forward to trying the newer mesh coils.

G.jpg

Last edited:

Nobody's Fool

Oct 20, 2019
Were there different editions to this tank or only one?

The reason I ask is this: I recently purchased the G tank (yea, was still able to find one, not easy), and looking at some YouTube videos I noticed one huge difference. When I turn the tank upside and unscrew the base to fill, the chimney only goes up about 3/4s to the top of the glass were as all the one in the videos, the chimney extends to the very top of the glass.

After taking the spaces out the the scratch and test security numbers on the side of the box, I got an 'excellent' back on the authenticity check.

Confused? Can anyone help solve this mystery?

The part I circled in the photo. I put a cloth on that and took a pair of pliers to it to see it it comes off, thinking it should be stuck on the other end to the chimney. It doesn't come off.

Anyway, I purchased because I had read the G tank hit similar to the original version (plastic) which many like myself felt was the best hitter in the lineup. I own an "S", I own an Apex, but, IMO the "G" is closet to the original.

I'm looking forward to trying the newer mesh coils.

View attachment 863665
What you have there is the iSub G and the part you circled screws into the tube on the other part. It's what holds the tank together.
There is an iSub V that has a longer tube...
isub-v-7.jpg

and the iSub B which is the newest one...
Innokin-Kroma-A-iSub-vaporizer-kit-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread