Innokin iSub RBA Kit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I am sure manufacturing consistency has alot to do with peoples varying experiences. I use 80vg in my Lemo and never get a dry hit. I have noticed that it takes a huge wick and a 3mm coil so it doesn't leak. I am very interested in trying a Merlin but the betas have had issues with them. I will probably pick up a couple to try as it seems at least the manufacturer is trying to correct the problems.
I hear you Paul . This site is responsible for alot of my mania. The good stuff of course out weighs the bad thanks to so many fine people here willing to help. The only good thing about the regs is we will have to be happy with what we have and we won't have to worry we are missing out on some great new things.

Reactions: Uncle

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    But Eciggity has the full v2 Merlins. :p

Got mine this week... no leaks, no weeping.

Dooooo eeeeeeeet! :D

I know this is an innokin thread but please let me know more about th v2 merlin. I recently got a v1 and I'm not sure if it's the high temperatures here or what but I've been having leaking problems. I have to shut the juice flow off or it'll dump a bunch of liquid.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I know this is an innokin thread but please let me know more about th v2 merlin. I recently got a v1 and I'm not sure if it's the high temperatures here or what but I've been having leaking problems. I have to shut the juice flow off or it'll dump a bunch of liquid.

We've got a pretty helpful thread...

Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

I only just got the tank so I've only read the latest ten pages or so but you should skim it from the beginning and see what they were doing for their v1 bases.
    As I understand it... they changed the base making a v1.5, then changed the body. Or the other way around. I did read about knocking the press-fit base apart, presumably to service the O-Rings. Seemed straight forward enough.

Lannie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    The windy plains of South Dakota
    If you guys and gals are talking about minor seepage, I have never owned a tank, by any manufacturer, that hasn't "seeped" on occasion.
    Sometimes when going from extreme hot temps outside to cool interior spaces, all my tanks have "seeped" on occasion.

I missed all the posts here yesterday, so I'm late, and this has already been said, but yes, when I say mine leak, I mean it runs out all over my hand and mod. TOTAL mess! I'm going to try the longer tails on less wicking, with more tucking, and see if it works, but I need a non-busy day where I'll be able to babysit it and I haven't had one of those days yet. LOL! Soon, maybe! ;) Meanwhile, I'm using my re-wicked stock coils.

Reactions: Uncle

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    We've got a pretty helpful thread...

Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

I only just got the tank so I've only read the latest ten pages or so but you should skim it from the beginning and see what they were doing for their v1 bases.
    As I understand it... they changed the base making a v1.5, then changed the body. Or the other way around. I did read about knocking the press-fit base apart, presumably to service the O-Rings. Seemed straight forward enough.

Thanks again for pointing me to that thread. The folks there are super helpful and I think I've just about gotten my leaking issue fixed. Turns out I think I just wasn't doing the wicking correctly.

liblue1

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I hesitated buying these because of people on this thread having issues. So far, maybe I'm lucky, but no issues here.

I wanna buy a few more.
    I haven't had any issues either.........still using mine with the bought coils.........only been through 3 of them since I got it....but use it daily.......no leaking........I was wanting another one too.......

Reactions: whodat2112

m1ke

ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2013
    North East USA
    I just got one of these RBAs in the mail today. It's my first time rebuilding an atomizer. The first coil I made came out higher than I wanted at 0.9Ω -- 7 wraps of SS316L. So I redid another one with 5 wraps and it came out at 0.7Ω, which is around what I wanted and it's awesome so far. The flavor is better than the stock coils and it's putting out a lot of vapor for a 0.7Ω coil.

You do have to make sure the cotton is something like this:
    O===O

So, the ends should be plugging the holes well. This coil is wickin' like crazy.

I'll update this thread as continue to use it..

Last edited:
    Reactions: whodat2112

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I just got one of these RBAs in the mail today. It's my first time rebuilding an atomizer. The first coil I made came out higher than I wanted at 0.9Ω -- 7 wraps of SS316L. So I redid another one with 5 wraps and it came out at 0.7Ω, which is around what I wanted and it's awesome so far. The flavor is better than the stock coils and it's putting out a lot of vapor for a 0.7Ω coil.

You do have to make sure the cotton is something like this:
    O===O

So, the ends should be plugging the holes well. This coil is wickin' like crazy.

I'll update this thread as continue to use it..

Cool.

It has its' issues, I'm not the only one wishing they had done a v2.
    But when I do use my old iSubs, I really enjoy them and the RBA means they'll keep running long after the factory heads do... plus I can roll whatever wire I choose (I've been using SS far longer than when Innokin decided to release theirs).

m1ke

ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2013
    North East USA
    I just got one of these RBAs in the mail today. It's my first time rebuilding an atomizer... The flavor is better than the stock coils and it's putting out a lot of vapor for a 0.7Ω coil.

I'll update this thread as I continue to use it..
    It's still vaping very well. It sat overnight without any leaking. I unscrewed and looked at the 510 connection on the Pico. It's bone dry. I still can't believe how clean the flavor is out of this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread