The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin iSub RBA Kit!!!!

Discussion in 'Innokin Technology' started by mastiffhound, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    LOL the search for the holy grail. Why do I do it when what I have works well??? Insanity

Meanwhile I got 2 Avocado 22mm gennie styles and like them a lot. Best parts of a gennie designed for fiber wicks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    I am sure manufacturing consistency has alot to do with peoples varying experiences. I use 80vg in my Lemo and never get a dry hit. I have noticed that it takes a huge wick and a 3mm coil so it doesn't leak. I am very interested in trying a Merlin but the betas have had issues with them. I will probably pick up a couple to try as it seems at least the manufacturer is trying to correct the problems.
    I hear you Paul . This site is responsible for alot of my mania. The good stuff of course out weighs the bad thanks to so many fine people here willing to help. The only good thing about the regs is we will have to be happy with what we have and we won't have to worry we are missing out on some great new things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Concentrate Vinny!!I am happy with my STM's. I am happy with my STM's. I am happy with my STM's.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jim_ MDP

Jim_ MDP Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    But Eciggity has the full v2 Merlins. :p

Got mine this week... no leaks, no weeping.

Dooooo eeeeeeeet! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Instigator........:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    place is full of enablers

• Like Like x 2
  7. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I know this is an innokin thread but please let me know more about th v2 merlin. I recently got a v1 and I'm not sure if it's the high temperatures here or what but I've been having leaking problems. I have to shut the juice flow off or it'll dump a bunch of liquid.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jim_ MDP

Sep 24, 2015
    We've got a pretty helpful thread...

Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

I only just got the tank so I've only read the latest ten pages or so but you should skim it from the beginning and see what they were doing for their v1 bases.
    As I understand it... they changed the base making a v1.5, then changed the body. Or the other way around. I did read about knocking the press-fit base apart, presumably to service the O-Rings. Seemed straight forward enough.

• Like Like x 3
  9. hittman

Supporting member
    Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. I really like the merlin but am sick of getting liquid on my mod and hand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Mississippi
    Ok, I'm a dummy, STM????????????

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Subtank mini:)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lannie

Lannie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I missed all the posts here yesterday, so I'm late, and this has already been said, but yes, when I say mine leak, I mean it runs out all over my hand and mod. TOTAL mess! I'm going to try the longer tails on less wicking, with more tucking, and see if it works, but I need a non-busy day where I'll be able to babysit it and I haven't had one of those days yet. LOL! Soon, maybe! ;) Meanwhile, I'm using my re-wicked stock coils.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    Thanks Paul!

• Like Like x 1
  15. hittman

Supporting member
    Thanks again for pointing me to that thread. The folks there are super helpful and I think I've just about gotten my leaking issue fixed. Turns out I think I just wasn't doing the wicking correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  16. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't had any issues either.........still using mine with the bought coils.........only been through 3 of them since I got it....but use it daily.......no leaking........I was wanting another one too.......

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Nov 19, 2015
    This is the rba thread.;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. m1ke

m1ke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    I just got one of these RBAs in the mail today. It's my first time rebuilding an atomizer. The first coil I made came out higher than I wanted at 0.9Ω -- 7 wraps of SS316L. So I redid another one with 5 wraps and it came out at 0.7Ω, which is around what I wanted and it's awesome so far. The flavor is better than the stock coils and it's putting out a lot of vapor for a 0.7Ω coil.

You do have to make sure the cotton is something like this:
    O===O

So, the ends should be plugging the holes well. This coil is wickin' like crazy.

I'll update this thread as continue to use it..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jim_ MDP

Sep 24, 2015
    Cool.

It has its' issues, I'm not the only one wishing they had done a v2.
    But when I do use my old iSubs, I really enjoy them and the RBA means they'll keep running long after the factory heads do... plus I can roll whatever wire I choose (I've been using SS far longer than when Innokin decided to release theirs).

• Like Like x 2
  20. m1ke

m1ke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    It's still vaping very well. It sat overnight without any leaking. I unscrewed and looked at the 510 connection on the Pico. It's bone dry. I still can't believe how clean the flavor is out of this...

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.