it has tc??! but its soo cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
ok so i forgot this Qbox had tc mode and as im getting the pulse 80w somepoint i figured get some time to familiarize with tc mode soo umm i have the TCR at the 00092 for SS 316l coil i made its a parallel single build reading at about 0.21 ohms so i think its ok but wanted to get some guidance on tc

Attachments

• 20180415_065248.jpg
    20180415_065248.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say vape it for a bit in wattage mode, since it is SS, and get a sense of what wattage you like. That should help you in determining what "ramp up" wattage you desire to get you into TC. You can most certainly play around with the actual temp "ceiling" limit to determine if you like a warmer or cooler vape, but anything under 420 is generally considered safe (although some mods are more or less accurate at TC, so you may want to give yourself wiggle room). But, just sort of taking some time to try some different temperature points and see what you get should give you a good determination.

I set my temp control limits (when I use it) far lower than that, but I am an extraordinarily puny "wattage weenie" and vape MTL.

Good luck, I hope you get to a good place in TC. Don't overthink it, though, just sort of start various experiments and see where the best "landing point" is for you.

Good luck,

Anna

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
I'd say vape it for a bit in wattage mode, since it is SS, and get a sense of what wattage you like. That should help you in determining what "ramp up" wattage you desire to get you into TC. You can most certainly play around with the actual temp "ceiling" limit to determine if you like a warmer or cooler vape, but anything under 420 is generally considered safe (although some mods are more or less accurate at TC, so you may want to give yourself wiggle room). But, just sort of taking some time to try some different temperature points and see what you get should give you a good determination.

I set my temp control limits (when I use it) far lower than that, but I am an extraordinarily puny "wattage weenie" and vape MTL.

Good luck, I hope you get to a good place in TC. Don't overthink it, though, just sort of start various experiments and see where the best "landing point" is for you.

Good luck,

Anna
thank you, im fairly used to wattage mode with SS as its all i build with and vape on but so far so good on trial and error for tc preferences i seem to prefer cool vape but still working wattage out as so far under 40w is meh for me

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Br0k3nW1ngz,

your writing without periods and commas, as well as missing capital letters makes it quite difficult to be understood worldwide.
Please try harder.
That ought to be easy for a Canadian.

Being European, I find it quite difficult to understand what you write.

Thus, I will not answer any of your questions, even if I could.
Please think twice.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
My apolgies that I am not using a PC and using a mobile device that has some considerable typing differences, as well when writing quickly i do not always catch typos and an edit post or reply option isnt present on forum therefore mistakes happen. Its nice to know that typos cause people's posts for help to be ignored in a forum for help.

Ill be thankfull for the reply's i get, as well as reply in help to others that i can assist, if you feel im not worth an actual reply on post, carry on without comment please and thank you

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
My apolgies that I am not using a PC and using a mobile device that has some considerable typing differences, as well when writing quickly i do not always catch typos and an edit post or reply option isnt present on forum therefore mistakes happen. Its nice to know that typos cause people's posts for help to be ignored in a forum for help.

Ill be thankfull for the reply's i get, as well as reply in help to others that i can assist, if you feel im not worth an actual reply on post, carry on without comment please and thank you

I may be wrong and maybe he is just being a smarta$$. I think what he is saying is that English is not his first language. It’s a difficult enough language to grasp. When you don’t use punctuation etc it is very difficult for him to follow you. He won’t respond because he may have misunderstood the question.

Again. I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Though being German, my English seems to be better than yours sometimes.
Be it British or American English.
I know both.

Br0k3nW1ngz, your wings may be broken,
but in this case you just fail miserably with your comments here.
Using a mobile device while driving cannot be excused.
I am glad to not own a Smartphone.
My mobile phone is hidden in the mid-console of my car.
There, it can rest quite silently.

Last edited:
  • Creative

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
as im getting the pulse 80w somepoint i figured get some time to familiarize with tc mode
Why? Afaik the TC on your gbox might be 10 times better than the one on the pulse. It's VV's first chip and they rushed it out, maybe a fw update will fix some things later but out of the box there's no need to go crazy about TC on the pulse 80W BF.

Regarding the TCR, there's no such thing as a single TCR for all SS316L, more than one coil (which a parallel build technically is) will require further adjustments to the TCR.
I'd play around with it somewhere 94-110 until it feels right.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
Why? Afaik the TC on your gbox might be 10 times better than the one on the pulse. It's VV's first chip and they rushed it out, maybe a fw update will fix some things later but out of the box there's no need to go crazy about TC on the pulse 80W BF.

Regarding the TCR, there's no such thing as a single TCR for all SS316L, more than one coil (which a parallel build technically is) will require further adjustments to the TCR.
I'd play around with it somewhere 94-110 until it feels right.
i did wait for review b4 actually getting one and so far yep too rushed ill stick to my aegis for now

Inni

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Pasadena, California, US

Good luck,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I liked your advice and want to make sure I understand....

I just got a Cool Fire IV TC 100W Temperature Control Vaping System - Innokin, and it is the first time I've used TC. It sounds like TC and Wattage work hand in hand, and you can just sort of tweak both settings, as needed, to get the desired output.

There's little chance I'll set anything too high - I'm a "wattage weenie" myself, and usually vape at around 30-40 watts. This one doesn't do much that low, however, so I am trying it at 75w. I just don't want to break it or burn up or anything stupid. :)

Any advice is always appreciated!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Experimenting with settings isn't going to break it. At worst, you'll experience some vapes you don't enjoy. But honestly, don't be fearful to play around with it. I'd use your regular wattage from wattage mode, and then just play around with temperature ceilings until you hit on what's right for you.

The only thing I could see happening is using the wrong mode, just make sure you are in the right mode for your wire. Even then, it's not going to break, although it might have an unfortunate impact on your coil/vape. But even then it won't break I don't think.

Anna

Reactions: Inni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread