Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello,

I am new to vaping and I am unsure which tanks are compatible with which box mods.
I was wondering if it's alright to pair the innokin itaste mvp4 with the iclear 30s tank?
Also, how many watts would you reccomend running it at with a 1.5 ohm coil?

Thanks,
Hi and welcome,

In Wattage mode, start at the lowest setting (6W) and if needed add a watt or three.
I would not try to use the older technology tank (30S) above about 12-14 Watts.
If you happen to be using high VG liquid, 6 or 7 watts may be the upper limit of that tank.

YMMV

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I am new to vaping and I am unsure which tanks are compatible with which box mods.
I was wondering if it's alright to pair the innokin itaste mvp4 with the iclear 30s tank?
Also, how many watts would you reccomend running it at with a 1.5 ohm coil?
They would be compatible with each other. However, the iClear 30 tank is "old technology". Hardly any tank uses a top coil design like the iClear 30. As I recall, it uses silica strings for the wick. Cotton is superior to silica.

Should you still decide to pair them up, I would suggest to start out with about 8 watts and work around that setting.

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    WOW, i started out using a 30S, loved that tank. As stated, it is old technology but still a good tank. It does have quite a tight draw but has lasted me very well. Never leaks either. I used to vape mine at around 9 watts. I used it on a regulated Coolfire 1 mod.

Jevin

Apr 2, 2018
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone, this helps :)
    Yeah i know the iclear is a bit dated, it's just that i tried it back in the day and i liked the mouth piece, so i figured if it's compatible with the new MVP then It'll be alright for starting out.

I know people used the iclear 30s on the old MVP 2.0 which went from 6.0 - 11.0 W, while the MVP 4.0 goes from 6.0 - 100.0 W.

Is there a problem with using the mod (MVP 4.0) at such a low wattage in relativity to what it can do (for example at 8 watts although it seems to be designed with sub ohm tanks in mind, running at around 60 watts and upwards), or does it all depend on whatever wattage goes with the specific coils used?

Basically, is there any danger of harming the mod or damaging the coils/tank when trying to pair older with newer technologies like this? Any safety hazards?

Reactions: stols001

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    Welcome to the forum. No danger of using your mod at 8 watts. In fact, you will realize longer use between charges. There are tanks with similar styled drip tips (mouth piece) with larger capacity and better quality of vape. But whatever works for you, is great.

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    Wondering why a modern chip doesn't go lower than 6w??

Why would it need to? It's outside design parameters. Probably holds an additional cost that's deemed unjustified.

It's like asking why my computer doesn't have a floppy drive.

At 4.2V you would be needing something like a 3ohm coil for 6W. What % of consumers are using anything near 3 ohm coils?

Jevin

Apr 2, 2018
    Welcome to the forum. No danger of using your mod at 8 watts. In fact, you will realize longer use between charges. There are tanks with similar styled drip tips (mouth piece) with larger capacity and better quality of vape. But whatever works for you, is great.

Gotcha, btw can you recommend some similar styled drip tips to the iclear30s that you'd rate higher? I'd greatly appreciate it.
    I'm not really attached to the idea of an iclear 30 specifically, just that I like the style and feel of it and I'm looking at getting an Innokin MVP 4.0 so an Innokin tank seemed appropriate, you know

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Wondering why a modern chip doesn't go lower than 6w?? If it has an inferior Buck circuit, he'd be best running it up around battery voltage iirc. Maybe 8w?
    Why would it need to? It's outside design parameters. Probably holds an additional cost that's deemed unjustified.

It's like asking why my computer doesn't have a floppy drive.

At 4.2V you would be needing something like a 3ohm coil for 6W. What % of consumers are using anything near 3 ohm coils?[/QUOTE
    Gosh, you are absolutely correct how could I possibly not have thought of all that :).

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Gotcha, btw can you recommend some similar styled drip tips to the iclear30s that you'd rate higher? I'd greatly appreciate it.
    I'm not really attached to the idea of an iclear 30 specifically, just that I like the style and feel of it and I'm looking at getting an Innokin MVP 4.0 so an Innokin tank seemed appropriate, you know
    UK Rotating Drip Tips
    US Rotating Drip Tips stainless steel

I prefer delrin plastic drip tips as opposed to metal. Simply a personal preference.

Last edited:
    • Useful

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    The links that Bad supplied will give you options for similar drip tips. Most of the tanks on the market allow you to use 510 drip tips interchangeably.
    Suggested new tanks would be the Aspire Nautilus (original or 2), Ego One Mega with the clr coils, the original Uwell Crown and the Innokin Zenith. There are literally, hundreds of others, to choose from. However, if you are finding success with the iclear, I don't want to overwhelm you with options.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If you like Innoken products, the Zenith is a nice MTL vape. It can switch out driptips and it's possible the driptip you "like" may fit. If it doesn't, there are plenty of vape accessory places selling non-proprietary driptips and you'd probably be able to find one similar that works with the tank (if the original drip tip doesn't). Kidney Puncher (a vendor) and Fasttech (a Chinese vendor, reliable although you'd have to wait a bit for it to arrive, typically, although the items are cheap) may help you find something similar.

Other MTL tanks: the Nautilus 2, the Ego Mega One V2 (but you have to buy coils separately and you want the Joytech CLR coil, the 1.0 version as the magic is really in the coil. The original Uwell crown is a bit of a crossover tank, and (IMO, although I hear airflow can be restricted and with your "drip tip" you like, that may cause it to feel a bit more like a MTL setup, although it isn't really designed purely for that, more for Sub0hm, although I think you might be able to make it work, with the 1.2 coil, and it's a versatile tank, you may find over time you prefer less of restricted hit. If you don't think you will, I'd probably suggest a more MTL oriented tank, in general.

Other MTL tanks that don't get talked about as much: The Nicholas Vapefly tank (can take 1.8 or 0.6 coils" and gets decent flavor and etc.

The Ijoy elf is another good MTL tank that kind of "fixes" the N2 problems, many of them. It has proprietary coils but will also "accept" nautilus coils, and it is a true 2.0 ml tank, unlike the N2 tank which really only has about 1.7 capacity if you use the max fill line (and you should, otherwise the N2 will leak) and a much easier topfill and a bit more airflow options. I think it's a bit of an underappreciated tank, and I have one, I did like the flavor slightly more than the N2 as well.

Best of luck and I hope you find something that works for you. You may be pleasantly surprised in vaping "improvements" with a newer, MTL tank. Things really have traveled a fair distance, I was surprised at my options.

Best of luck moving forward.

Anna

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    I used to use an iClear 30S and if I recall, I liked it best around the 8-8.5w mark. Can't remember if my coils were 1.5 or 1.8 ohms. There shouldn't be any problem with running it that low, lots of people use high-powered mods for the long battery life they provide at low levels, rather than the raw power they can dish out at the high end.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    it's possible the driptip you "like" may fit.
    30s is proprietary. It's a cap that screws on.

Also, the 30s is dual coil so you can run it a little higher. I used to vape mine at around 5 volts with the 2.1 ohm coil, which would be around 11 watts. Just so you know, that particular tank is terrible with higher vg liquids. It's the way they ran the wicks down the tube instead of leaving them out like on the original iClear 30.

The original iClear 30 is a better tank imo and has the same mouthpiece. It can handle 50/50 liquids fine. On the S version I had to use 30/70 pg/vg liquids, which can be hard to find anymore.

Personally, I would recommend something a little more modern, but if the iClear is what you like I would go with the original iClear 30.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Wow got it, thanks for the help and the warm welcome everyone!
    I feel a lot more confident about how to start my vape experience now thanks to all of you- cheers!
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Most all tanks and mods have male and female 510 connections, a few years ago, this was not the case. If you have any general vape questions, this is a good forum to ask them in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread