iTaste MVP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I received my order of an iTaste MVP a week ago and have been using it happily for just about a week. Last night after vaping it for a few minutes after a fresh charge it suddenly stopped working. I thought I maybe had inadvertently turned it off and pressed the button 3 times quickly and nothing happened. None of the buttons would work. So I placed it back on charge and saw that the usual red, yellow, green light show happened but the green charging light never came on. I looked at the VV display and it showed "1 _ 1" the "_" was actually 3 horizontal lines. I pressed the fire button 3 times again and the charging like came on for a few minutes then went off. I took it off of charge and the fire button worked again. I screwed in a single coil 3 ohm carto and set the device for 5v. I pressed the fire button and... nothing. No lights and no vapor. I then placed it back on charge and the same light show happened with the same error on the vv display. Pressing the button 3 times again and got the charging light for just a moment. Took it off and the fire button worked without an atty on it. I then screwed a Vivi Nova on with a 1.8ohm coil and set the device for 4v. Press the fire button and nothing happened.

I just went through the process I did last night that read out the error in order to get a screenshot to post, and it did it but I couldn't get pic taken in time. So I went through the whole put it on charge, take it off charge, attach a tank, etc.. and it worked fine. So I am at a total loss as to what is going on with this thing. I have a weekend trip coming up next week and while I have a backup I am a little concerned about the reliability of this thing. Anyone have any advice? ElectronicStix, is there a warranty on this thing in the event it fails again? :unsure:

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Ok I have to say... the customer service at ElectronicStix rocks! I contacted them about this before posting and after trading a couple emails they said they have noted my account stating I have contacted them within the warranty period so if I can send it back if it happens again since its now functioning again. I don't know any other vendor that would do that. You guys just made a customer for life.

kingkurtez

May 17, 2012
Federal Way, wa
The iTaste MVP is nice. it has a long lasting battery and I have never been let down when i go to vape. There is only 1 issue I have, it is the mini USB charging port. !st of all, it is difficult to plug into. Second, the Mini USB is flimsy and mine fell into the battery space after 3 weeks of use. This may be a spot defect, howerver, there is no repair facility that I have found to get it fixed, so it is dead. Too bad ,because it is a pleasing vape unit.:ohmy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread