itaste SVD 2.0 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlani

Nov 21, 2014
london, ky
Hello ECF! I have been using these forums in the shadows for about 8 months and want to thank all of you for the great information and helping kick the stinkies with all the great knowledge on here. I do happen to need some advice from some of you regarding my new SVD 2.0. So here goes....

I'm new to DNA devices and been rocking my VTR itaste since I quit smoking. On my SVD 2.0 here is my setup to help with possible troubleshooting from you all. SVD 2.0, Sony VTC 5 batteries, nautilus mini 1.8 olm, Aerotank v2 with 1.8 and 0.8 coils.

Now here is the issue or maybe normal function of a DNA device. When firing my nautilus mini 1.8, I vape around normally 14watts. When at work I have very little down time and will take a quick powerful hit at 17.5-20w max. When I do this it will sometimes flash "check atomizer" at random. It seems to flash this message on the 3rd drag or so and "check atomizer" appears more frequent at the 20w setting. As I drop the wattage down it appears less frequently.When I was troubleshooting, I noticed 17-17.5w and everything else below 17w, the message never appears. At this time i was looking for a pattern. When it flashes "check atomizer" it does not stop the device from firing or anything, it will just show the message then message goes away and then fires like it should. (all in the same single button press) . I tried it on my full size nautilus and same thing as stated above. I notice when I'm in the 17.5-20 watts its pushing 6.0-6.2v. When I get the watts down to where its getting under 6.0v I noticed the message never appears except when the 1.8 olm coil is getting at least 6.0v. Just my observations. Now on my aerotank v2 1.8 olm. It says the same thing in high watts settings. So I took my kanger sub-olm 0.8 coil and slapped it in the aero tank. Never seen the message once in the high watt range of this device 17.5-20w like i tested above with other tanks and of course the coil is getting well under 6.0 v and pulling more amps from my Sony battery.

So is this normal DNA behavior? or is something wrong and if so I will send it back for warranty and exchange for another. i know check atomizer means the Atty isn't connecting properly. Strange it shows the message but also lets it continue to fire. You would think it would not fire when showing this not unless it could mean its telling me to turn my power down as the nautilus won't handle it. Like I said earlier, i run normally at 13-14watts max daily but in crunch times at work I crank it up on occasion for one or two drags and that's when I get this "check atomizer" shenanigans. Works flawless if i adjust the wattage to where it shows the supplied voltage is under 6.0v. Still learning about vaping everyday. Always something new to learn. Thanks to anyone that has read this and give me a pointer or two. Later ECF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread