iTaste SVD button fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I really like the SVD except for the fire button that has to be pressed hard a certain way or it misfires or turns off. Other than that big issue, it's a great mod.

It just doesn't stick out far enough. A rubber band and pencil eraser was even some improvement.:laugh:

10 factory button 1241.jpg 20 bands 1346.jpg

Here's how to make a new button using a nylon cap nut.
Tools:
Variable speed drill
Hacksaw
File
Wood clothespin or other small piece of wood
Material:
Nylon cap nut ("round part" diameter .33" or greater)
Long screw to fit the cap nut

Using a piece of wood so the SVD doesn't get scratched up, gently tap the ring out. It's comes out fairly easily, even a hairbrush worked fine for a hammer. Alternate sides to remove it evenly

30 removal 1468.jpg 40 factory parts 1475.jpg

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Put the screw into a drill. With the drill running slow, cut off the head with a hacksaw and file a small 45 degree angle on the end to remove thread burrs.

50 screw 1488.jpg

Put the cap nut on and file it down to fit in the SVD switch ring. Leave a step on the bottom similar to the original button.

60 ready to file 1490.jpg

Pictured is the original button, A new cap nut, and the finished button.

70 button done 1477.jpg

Re-assemble and gently tap the ring back in by tapping the the clothespin. Also pictured is the metal cap nut I tried first that didn't work because it's hollow.

80 reassembly 1493.jpg

The light is even visible, though dim.

90 light 1496.jpg

faboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My fix...and it worked...pop the ring out gently and remove the fire button. Gently clamp the ring with a pair of vice grips (very careful not to bend it). With a dremel or drill and a 3/32 bit drill carefully ream out the inside of the ring. Test fit the fire button until it's very loose. Reinstall and have at it!

ive found a easier was to do this follow all the great instructions above to remove your button but instead do this.

place a 0.30mm nylon washer inbetween the button and lower rubber that hits the switch and replace everything. works like a treat.

i did start with 0.50mm and worked my way down to the 0.30mm which was perfect. the o.50 was far too much and the button was too tight. 0.30mm the button clicks perfectly. the charge colour lights are still very visible

anyhow hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread