The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ITaste VTR battery question.

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by STLBluesNut, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    in the past trying to read and put all this reg/unreg/protectected straight in my mind

I compared this to (2) anti-virus's installed on the same computer ;

can be done, but will continuously fight for control resulting in poorer performance

2. RatInDaHat

RatInDaHat Peace, I'm outta here Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    to simplify this, look at it in terms of power. P=IV

so if we neglect losses in the circuitry(which is not realistic, but it is simple), we set P1 = P2. lets say we look at your 1ohm, 6volts example.

I=V/R=6Volts/1Ohm=6Amps
    P1=6Amps*6Volts=36Watts
    now to do the same thing at 3 volts, P2=36Watts=XAmps*3Volts ==> X=12Amps

So as a quick method of looking at this, if P1=P2, I1 * V1=I2 * V2
    I=V/R, so plug that into one side. (V1^2)*R1=I2*V2 ==> (V1^2)*R1/V2=I2 or P1/V2=I2(if you know the watt goal you are aiming for)

not sure if that is clear or if it helps you explain any of it. for ex-military electronics people, replace V with E

3. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    At JetBatteries, they have a Panasonic NCR18650B High-drain 10A Hybrid battery. Would this be good for the VTR? Plan to order one in a few weeks and have been looking at what battery to get. This sounds like it is new.

4. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    I run Panasonic NCR18650B's in my VTR and they work great. Last at least 24hrs for me....very nice battery IMO....Just make sure you get the "non-protected" ones as the VTR already has protection built into it...

5. bcme

bcme Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    USA
    How will these Efest Purple 30amp 18650 - 2100mah be for the VTR?

6. KiLLeRr KeN

KiLLeRr KeN Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    Cheyenne, WY
    I will work, but will be more suited for mechs due to the 30a.

Another question when getting ncr18650pd do you need the flat top or button top battery to fit the VTR, or with either work?

7. MattyRetro

MattyRetro Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

wondering the same thing....

8. KiLLeRr KeN

KiLLeRr KeN Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    Cheyenne, WY
    to answer my question, either a flat or button top will work on a VTR i know cuz i have both. Well at least i know the EFEST 18650 2000MaH V1 and V2 work. One is a flat the other a button.

9. bcme

bcme Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    USA
    Both work fine in mine.

10. Bigfro23

Bigfro23 Full Member Verified Member

Quick question... New to the whole Replace-able battery aspect and I get the whole battery sizes/protected-non protected thing but there's a deal for 2x Samsung ICR18650-28A which are 4.2 volt batteries for 13$!!! My question is will these work in the VTR, and will they have any type of adverse affects since there not rated @ 3.7 volts??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

11. RatInDaHat

Apr 22, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    the voltage is no issue as all of our batteries charge up to 4.2V. I might be cautious of the fact that it is a LI-Ion battery and not a safer alternative.

12. Bigfro23

Appreciate the quick response...

13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    All 3.7 volt batteries fully charge up to 4.2 volts. Around 3.4v - 3.5v they will become ineffective in your device and require recharging.

These should work and fit in the VTR. Some of the higher mAh batteries (above 2200 mAh) are slightly larger in width or length, and may not fit in the VTR. It's becoming more and more well known that the VTR has a low tolerance to certain 18650 battery dimensions.

There's been reports that the Efest 18650 IMR 2000 mAh fits fine, but the Efest 18650 IMR 2250 mAh does not.

14. CBCstillmatic

CBCstillmatic Full Member Verified Member

Jan 2, 2014
    United States
    I haven't used the efest 2250 but I have used the gray Panasonic 2250 batteries in my vtr and I thought I read somewhere the efest 2250 are the Panasonic ones re wrapped?

On a side note I switched to aw batteries ordered from rtd and even though it's only 2000 mah I seam to get a better vape and battery life out of it than the Panasonics for some reason. I'm now a firm believer in all I read about aw being the best batteries.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

15. MattyRetro

MattyRetro Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I seriously hope this is not the case. I just ordered two Efest 18650 IMR 2250mah cells for my VTR.

I have already returned three different batteries because I bought before doing some research. Who would have thought that you "don't" want protected batteries!

16. NerdVap0r

NerdVap0r Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Bay Area
    So, the aw's 18650 work well in the VTR? Im currenty waiting for my online go to shop to restock the V2 fixed ring.

17. CBCstillmatic

Jan 2, 2014
    United States
    Yes for me they work great and better than the gray Panasonics I have. For me my xtar vp1 charges the aw's faster and they seam to give me better performance and last longer before the vtr light turns yellow. I got 2 of the 2000 mah aw's and still use the Panasonics when both aw's need to be charged. Now I'm only speaking by my experience but for me I'm only ordering aw's from now on personally.

18. RatInDaHat

Apr 22, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    the efest 2250's that i am currently using seem to fit fine. out of the 6 i received, they all fit and function perfectly.

19. CBCstillmatic

Jan 2, 2014
    United States
    I gotta throw another recommendation in from another thread for vamo recommended batteries. The Panasonic NCR18650PF which is a 10 A limit like the 2000 mah aw but is 2900 mah. Knowing aw's are re wrapped Panasonics and the 2000 mah aw's are actually hybrids as well(I was told they are the gray Panasonics re wrapped) it was brought to my attention these new Panasonics should be everything good about the aw's with higher capacity. Might be worth a look, I just ordered 2 from rtd to give a shot.

I swore the aw's performed better than my gray Panasonics but must of been my mind playing tricks on me after being told aw's are the best. Guess they can't really be that different if they are supposed to basically be the same battery, or maybe that's where aw's thorough testing comes into it?

20. Bigfro23

Button -or- Flat top? or does it not even matter?? Reason I ask is because I have my VTR arriving today, yet the order for my charger/Batteries we're CNX'd... So now I have to see whats available to me locally, and the New B&M near me only has Button Tops..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.