MVP or wait for VTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
Currently I have itaste 3.0 with basically no back up. I see the MVP basically has the same functions as the 3.0. I can't decide if I should get the MVP or wait for the VTR? FYI, I'm very pleased with the functions of the 3.0.

Also, on the description for the VTR it says replaceable 18650 battery but it also says (unprotected). Isn't that slightly important?

Thanks in advance!
Tvan

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
VTR looks nice, replacable batteries, around the same size as the mvp, little protection for the tanks. Seems nice, wish they had a price for it.
The retail price is $120, or about twice what you can get a MVP2 for (if you shop around)... but, chances are the street price will end up at a little under $100, with "special deals" (see C2C vaping) popping up here and there and perhaps today or tomorrow, for around $70-$80. ;-)

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I'll do what I've learned to do. Wait for the reviews. I've been burned so many times, I like to see several reviews. The new MVP looks really nice, and Innokin seems to put out good products. I've seen a few reviews on it, and it looks like they have improved it over the original version. Unfortunately (For some), it has a limited range of voltage/wattage (The range suits me though). I also like the fact that it eliminates the need of carrying spare battery's around. However, the VTR looks really sharp. Think I'll wait to see what it's about also. Maybe by then, if the MVP is more for me, it will be slightly discounted since the brand new to the market stage will be over.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Good point. I haven't come across too many complaints regarding the MVP. Most that I have across have pretty good things to say. Unless I'm not looking in the right places.
If you do a search, there are a few MVP2 reviews and the posters indicate that Innokin has attended to all the previous negative issues associated with the original MVP. All the good has been retained, all the bad has been corrected and of course, the added features make it a well worth owning box mod.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
C2C vaping will be starting the preorder for the VTR tomorrow, and Ryno just stated on his show that the pre-order will be $69.00!

I still want my MVP V2 :)
If one had got in on the $50 MVP2 (shipped) and the $70 VTR... you'd be in to both for the retail of a VTR. Ain't American commerce grand? ;-)

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
EVOD is currently the only eGo threaded I use. I can confirm the Mini Protank works as he was using it on his MVP V2 at the shop.

It still looks really clean with an adapter. My only issues;

Button on bottom still sticks out. It will wobble still. Were talking like a mm here.

The menu buttons rattle if the device is shook.

Should this stop anyone from getting one? Not a chance. This will see just as much use as my Provari. If not more.

I never charged it after I got it from the shop today, around 11am, I have been working since 2pm, it is currently 9pm and I am at 4.0 for battery. Moderate vaping. Amazing.

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Ha ha ha ha ha ha - there is no "final mod purchase", only a waiting period until the next one... that will put you over the vaping nirvana edge.
Yep. I thought provari would be my final mod purchase, but the MVP I own will need to be replaced at some point. Now my husband is going to try vaping again. I am already planning on spending his monthly chew budget.... On mods ;) The look of the VTR is nice, but I don't know yet. Waiting on a set price tag & reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread